Suggest Things To Bring From Punjab

Guest dasguruka

Guest dasguruka

Gur fateh. My grandpa is going to Punjab and ATM I can only thing of few things that he can bring for me. But when he leaves I'm sure a lot of things will pop into my mind. So far dastaars and kirpaans are on my list. Any other suggestions ?

Thank you

If you're musically inclined then perhaps an instrument like tabla, tumbi etc.

Yeah, definitely put Tumbi on the list. I regret I did not buy a tumbi on my last visit. It's not even that difficult to learn. I know a guy who learned to play it by himself without a teacher's help.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ

Make sure to buy Shastars. If you like a Solid blade but not too heavy, ask around for a ਸਕੇਲਾ blade.Its awesome material. I think Jathedar Baba Maan Singh Jee's Dal the Guru Nanak Dal should have some. They are located in Mareeanvala by I think Batala although please correct me if I am wrong SatSangat Jee.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

Guest dasguruka

kachere te reshmi naale LOLOL

but i seriuosly doubt about the blades i have discovered here

1) they are not demagnetised - points to lack of heat treatment , which strengthens them

2) the blades when filed with a file seem too brittle , which again proints the lack of heat treatment

ask around

Thank you. I also want some gutkas and pothians. Mainly that involve dasam granth banias. Any suggestions ?