Guru Pyaari Sadh Sangat Ji...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Daas would like to know if anyone has knowledge of or personal experience of how to go about getting Santhiya at Damdami Taksal?

What about accommodation and costs?

Who to contact?

Daas is based in the UK and looking to go next year for about 6 months.

Your advice and tips would be much appreciated.

Bhul chuk maaf karayo ji.

Vaheguru!

• Like 3

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You can get Taksaali santhya in the UK i'm sure. I don't think you need to go all the way to Punjab. I got my Taksaali Santhya from Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick. That was 15 years ago. I don't know if the Santhya is still Taksaali, but i'm sure there will be other places in the UK that provide Taksaali Santhya.

Edited by BritishSingh

You can get Taksaali santhya in the UK i'm sure. I don't think you need to go all the way to Punjab. I got my Taksaali Santhya from Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Smethwick. That was 15 years ago. I don't know if the Santhya is still Taksaali, but i'm sure there will be other places in the UK that provide Taksaali Santhya.

Bro, I think he is also going to India for the sake of the experience. When a person goes to Mehta and lives there he will come back a changed man and become an unshakable Singh because he will be surrounded by Chardikala Singhs 24/7. Going to Taksal is an excellent idea.

• Like 1

Bhai Baldeep Singh Ji DDT does santheya every Friday at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick 6-8pm. Many youth and elderly come.

Guest dasguruka

Asked my rents the same thing. They won't let me go : (. I'm on dire need of sangat of Gurmukhs. There's very few rehitvaans where I live. It's causing my Sikhi jeevan to lag instead of being in chardikala

Jonny Veer Ji is absolutely right. Daas is going for the experience - apologies as I should of mentioned this.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Jonny Veer Ji is absolutely right. Daas is going for the experience - apologies as I should of mentioned this.

Thank you.

If that's the case then it'll be a great and valuable experience not many Sikhs are fortunate enough to gain. Go for it! Just be safe.

Gurfateh ji

There used to be a sewa provided by one Taksali Singh (Baba Thakur Singh ji da chela) where santhiya instruction was provided through Skype. Is there anybody doing such seva nowdays?

I was at Mehta few months ago and was so shocked to see the whole place dead with no activities at all. That place is falling and it looks more like deserted place.

Bhai dhumma ji changed taksal base literally and they opened a new office/place near darbar sahib during the construction of memorial gurdwara sahib.

I was shocked to see Mehta in such shape. I am not sure about taksal learning institution and as far I know it is definitely not exactly what it was in past.

• Like 1

Go learn at gurduwara kaliansar patshahi 6 ludhike,Moga Punjab.They have a taksal there as well.Its really great place.Other places are jawaddi taksal,mehro nihang dasam granth taksal(I studied here for a short time),bhindran taksal,Bopari taksal and a few more.

If you are close to London, Giani Gurdev Singh Ji (student of respected Sant Gurbachan Singh) teaches at his home and Clifton Road Gurdwara in Southall. Anyone interested can PM me and I can give you their contact details.

Edited by InderjitS