Advice & Suggestion

Guest SAINI

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe guru ji ki fateh,

Please advice & Suggest, Can Hindu person improve his life by reading spiritual bani of "Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" in which spiritual dhur ki banis of Gurus, Bhagats, Bhats etc. belonged to various religious/casts are included for the welfare of mankind? and If yes, Can he do "Parkash" of "Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" in his house by doing sewa as per instructions/guidelines?

Bhul-Chuk lye maaf karna ji.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh Veerji!!!

Anyone can read Guruji's bani. Guru Granth Sahib ji is Jagat Guru ( Universal Spiritual Teacher)

Khatri Brahmin Sud Vaish Updesh Chau Varna Kau Sanjha (p. 748, SGGS). Whether one belongs to one varna or the other of Hindu society, Guru’s guidance is for everyone.

You can have prakash of Guru Sahib only if you follow the full rehit and show respect for Guru Sahib. Have separate room for Guruji. Do Prakash at amritvela and sukhasan at night. Always cover your head in front of Guruji.

Dear Singh brothers,

Sat Sri Akal Ji,

Please .... . I think name does not matter in Gurmat. As you know very well the names of our Gurus. By the way, my middle name is "Singh". Please focus yourself on the point. My question is that Can i Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sagib ji in our house with disciplines under the guidence of perfact "PATHI SAHIB" as I am belonged to Hindu family and all love with Guru Ji? Soory if i hurt you.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh Veerji!!!

Anyone can read Guruji's bani. Guru Granth Sahib ji is Jagat Guru ( Universal Spiritual Teacher)

Khatri Brahmin Sud Vaish Updesh Chau Varna Kau Sanjha (p. 748, SGGS). Whether one belongs to one varna or the other of Hindu society, Guru’s guidance is for everyone.

You can have prakash of Guru Sahib only if you follow the full rehit and show respect for Guru Sahib. Have separate room for Guruji. Do Prakash at amritvela and sukhasan at night. Always cover your head in front of Guruji.

Thank You very much veer ji.

I have spare rooms. I have a plan to do Prakash and Sukhasan of Sri Guruji under the guidelines/instructions of Perfect Gursikh person/Pathi ji.

Thanks again.

i thought for maharaj to be parkash in ones house , you need a pheredhar 24/7 at the house where maharaj is blessing his presence day and night. and also shouldn't the people taking care of maharaj be amritdari , done santhiya and be tyar bar tyar? i swear i've red a tread on here that explained the protocalls for bringing maharaj home. e.g doing asa di vaar , sehaj paaths , making degh...

waiting for replies :) akaal.

Thank You very much veer ji.

I have spare rooms. I have a plan to do Prakash and Sukhasan of Sri Guruji under the guidelines/instructions of Perfect Gursikh person/Pathi ji.

Thanks again.

It seems you have already made your mind before asking whether you can do Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your house. You just wanted someone to tell you that you can do it. Personally, I wouldn't allow it as you have a lot to work on and no one should give you a Saroop of Maharaj.

It seems you have already made your mind before asking whether you can do Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your house. You just wanted someone to tell you that you can do it. Personally, I wouldn't allow it as you have a lot to work on and no one should give you a Saroop of Maharaj.

This Veer has so much love for Guruji and he wants to read Gurbani and he is willing to keep rehit. I think there should be no problem. You sound like those brahmans in old days who would refuse entry to lower castes and untouchables. Guruji tried to move us away from that mentality but we are still struck at that.

Our Sikhs don't keep rehit and don't want to read Gurbani or have Guruji's prakash at home but this Hindu veer wants to do it. Guru Gobind Singh ji said, " Jin Prem Kiyo Tin Hi Prabh Payo"

Sindhi people also keep saroops of Guru Granth Sahibji

Who gave them permission huh?

This Veer has so much love for Guruji and he wants to read Gurbani and he is willing to keep rehit. I think there should be no problem. You sound like those brahmans in old days who would refuse entry to lower castes and untouchables. Guruji tried to move us away from that mentality but we are still struck at that.

Our Sikhs don't keep rehit and don't want to read Gurbani or have Guruji's prakash at home but this Hindu veer wants to do it. Guru Gobind Singh ji said, " Jin Prem Kiyo Tin Hi Prabh Payo"

Sindhi people also keep saroops of Guru Granth Sahibji

Who gave them permission huh?

I would be a brahman if I said he cannot go to the Gurdwara or read Gurbani at all or can't go to the Gurdwara to do seva. Instead I told him to read Gurbani and do seva at the Gurdwara and go to the Gurdwara so he can build his jeevan more.

The ability to do Parkash requires a strict rehat for a person and is not something easily done. First Granthi was Baba Budha ji as he had a strict rehit and the jeevan. Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji did not just tell anyone to take up the duty. By your logic this Hindu veer can also become one of the Punj Pyare without taking Amrit. Requirements in the Khalsa Panth were kept informal for several reasons and not made formal. However the case, there has always been requirements for specific duties. For instance, Khalsa Panth army would not allow non Sikhs to cook the food for the army as for times of war are very dangerous and the enemy can and will send spies to plot from the inside and poison the food. Sarbloh cooking utensils were a must as any poisons powder could be wiped clean.

Sikh history shows us certain systems that were corrupted over the years were removed and new systems were put into place. Today we are facing a lot of issues with Maharaj being disregarded when Sikhs have Maharaj's Saroop at home. At first Sikhs try to keep up with the duties, but over time they completely lose interest and then try to justify their wrong doings in many ways. Currently this issue is being dealt with and the first step is to put requirements on who can have Maharaj's Saroop in the house. This Hindu Veer as very clearly said in his house their is moorti puja going on. Therefore Maharaj's Parkash cannot take place in the house. If it can then you are telling everyone that a Mandir and Gurdwara can be built as one, but just have separate rooms for each. It can be a new business idea for businessmen/women. A Sikh always sacrifices his life for the Guru. Sikhi is deep rooted in giving back to the Guru and this means traveling through storms, strong waves just to see the Guru as Gurbani says.

I would be a brahman if I said he cannot go to the Gurdwara or read Gurbani at all or can't go to the Gurdwara to do seva. Instead I told him to read Gurbani and do seva at the Gurdwara and go to the Gurdwara so he can build his jeevan more.

The ability to do Parkash requires a strict rehat for a person and is not something easily done. First Granthi was Baba Budha ji as he had a strict rehit and the jeevan. Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji did not just tell anyone to take up the duty. By your logic this Hindu veer can also become one of the Punj Pyare without taking Amrit. Requirements in the Khalsa Panth were kept informal for several reasons and not made formal. However the case, there has always been requirements for specific duties. For instance, Khalsa Panth army would not allow non Sikhs to cook the food for the army as for times of war are very dangerous and the enemy can and will send spies to plot from the inside and poison the food. Sarbloh cooking utensils were a must as any poisons powder could be wiped clean.

Sikh history shows us certain systems that were corrupted over the years were removed and new systems were put into place. Today we are facing a lot of issues with Maharaj being disregarded when Sikhs have Maharaj's Saroop at home. At first Sikhs try to keep up with the duties, but over time they completely lose interest and then try to justify their wrong doings in many ways. Currently this issue is being dealt with and the first step is to put requirements on who can have Maharaj's Saroop in the house. This Hindu Veer as very clearly said in his house their is moorti puja going on. Therefore Maharaj's Parkash cannot take place in the house. If it can then you are telling everyone that a Mandir and Gurdwara can be built as one, but just have separate rooms for each. It can be a new business idea for businessmen/women. A Sikh always sacrifices his life for the Guru. Sikhi is deep rooted in giving back to the Guru and this means traveling through storms, strong waves just to see the Guru as Gurbani says.

If you read his post he asked what rehit does he have to keep before having Guruji's prakash at home.Instead of telling him what to do, you bluntly said he can't do it.

Here is a suggestion, please list the rehit this veer needs to keep so that you can actually HELP him in his way into Sikhi rather than shunning him away.