Can A Sikh Read The Bible?

fresnosingh

No

That's i in chandi di vaar.

ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥

खंडा प्रिथमै साज कै जिन सभ सैसारु उपाइआ ॥

At first the Lord created the double-edged sword and then He created the whole world.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਦਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥

ब्रहमा बिसनु महेस साजि कुदरति दा खेलु रचाइ बणाइआ ॥

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and then created the play of Nature.

babaji :p i know so that is why i had placed a also in my sentence... i was just seeing the similarity...

No

That's i in chandi di vaar.

ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥

खंडा प्रिथमै साज कै जिन सभ सैसारु उपाइआ ॥

At first the Lord created the double-edged sword and then He created the whole world.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਦਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥

ब्रहमा बिसनु महेस साजि कुदरति दा खेलु रचाइ बणाइआ ॥

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and then created the play of Nature.

Both aspects(shabad/shakti) are correct in their right as realities of creations are perceived differently by different school of thoughts/aspects within gurbani, where gurbani says from shabad whole creation came -there gurbani is talking from shabad (ong sound vibration) aspect of akaal purkh and where gurbani says from khanda(double edge sword) - whole creation came, there gurbani is talking from aad shakti aspect of akaal purkh. Both aspects are of akaal purkh himself..Hence, both are correct..we must see these in different aspects context then only we should be able to reconcile shabads together.

Both aspects(shabad/shakti) are correct in their right as realities of creations are perceived differently by different school of thoughts/aspects within gurbani, where gurbani says from shabad whole creation came -there gurbani is talking from shabad (ong sound vibration) aspect and where gurbani says from khanda(double edge sword) - whole creation came, there gurbani is talking from aad shakti aspect. Both aspects are akaal purkh himself..we must see these in different aspects context then only we should be able to reconcile shabads together.

so veerji in ur opinion what khanda signifies in shabad?kal?

correct me if i am wrong in bible its also written that god first created double edged sword and from it world was created

YES !! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

You are spot on !!!

i believe there are a few, but the first one is old testament and it goes something like what you said above. This is in reference to that God 1st created the WORD and it is like the double edged sword (khanda).

The 2 sides of sword also represent spirit and soul as well as the ultimate TRUTH, that came from God's mouth..... which implies the WORD or their interpretation of bani !!

If you look deep enough, you can see a few similarities with gurmat and gurbani.

N3O ji's mention above is also very correct and falls in line with the bible quotes !

The christians of today like to keep the interpretations as simple as in defining into spirit and soul or the holy spirit of God.

I remember there is also in psalms a very similar line to one in gurbani...

''Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.'''

the word being the TRUTH of God himself and the sword

The christians of today like to keep the interpretations as simple as in defining into spirit and soul or the holy spirit of God.

Exactly, its all starts from confining to one interpertation/one line interpertation/one dimensional thought process- holding one interpertation true over mystical expereince/spiritual aspects of scriptures and that gives religious right wing nut jobs a chance to create rigid structures around so that they can control people and masses as they wish via fear mongering and they would also as bonus throw bunch of dogmatic notions among people to ensure innocent people wrap their head around it and be stuck in it and can never come out of it and have personal spiritual experience of their own and think outside of box of their own.
Western 'religion' concept is nothing but bunch of tools for power hungry people high on ego/power trips to control other people, make them sheeps herd them all day long ( sh ag them too while they at it knowning if they can get away it and most of times they do while throwing victims under bus).