Guru Sahib jee Taken away... i don't get it..

simmal tree

From the another thread "Sadh sangat samagam of TO", i took liberty to start a new thread on this issue..

I see lots of contradictions..

1) Guru granth sahib jee taken from gurdwara to marriage palaces and there's ban on this by sri akal takht sahib.. so it's a big NO NO in our community...

2) While on the other hand.. guru granth sahib jee can be taken away for youth camps and samagams like Sadh sangat ..

But at the end what's the difference ?? :lol: why one is wrong while the other one is not?? i don't get it !!

I dont get it either.

when there was a smagam in edmonton i was wondering that too.

it couldnt of been a lack of gurudwaras here because we have 4.

i also keep hearing that the halls are properly cleaned before guruji arrives which is great but it still is a hall.

what if some hotel or palace said the same thing?

that they cleaned the bar area and took the liquor out?

then what?

our friend Singh ji obviously forgot to read the post in with the pangti regarding wherever guru ji is that that place becomes beautiful...

maybe you should go back and read it carefully.......if you still miss it...lemme know..i'll post it here in bigger font to help you out bro...

our friend Singh ji obviously forgot to read the post in with the pangti regarding wherever guru ji is that that place becomes beautiful...

maybe you should go back and read it carefully.......if you still miss it...lemme know..i'll post it here in bigger font to help you out bro...

BRO u should read this post carefully and try to understand the question...before u post anything in bigger fonts.....just my two cents...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The comment that anywhere we take Guru Sahib becomes "beautiful" seems misguided.

Does this mean that we should take Guru Sahib everywhere to make places "beautiful"? There are some things that a Gursikh will not do and this is to take Guru Sahib anywhere where there is not total respect. Were Gursikhs who have given shaheedee to get back Guru Sahib's saroops from inappropriate places and people totally confused and gave their lives for nothing?

Rather than accepting faults, we try to justify them.

hunji singh123 ji....

what do you do if when you approach gurdwara committees they say no to a samagam?

would you just simply not have one?...that seems counterintuitive......

with about 800 to 1000 people attending....we very well cannot have the samagam in a house...

and yes...where guru ji is taken and treated with utmost respect by gursikhs, where during a samagam, guru ji is seated on a palki on a stage to HImself. 3 to 4 feet above the heads of the sangat, where there is not alcohol or meat being served, where his children are doing seva day AND night, where his children are taking part in naaam simran, kirtan, gurbani vichar... YES...that place WILL be beautiful....

if any of you disagree, then you can drop by the next samagam and see for yourselves...that said...hopefully the next on will be in a gurdwara as we are always working to get committees to agree to it....

this is my last post on this topic

Guest noonespecial

Just for clarification...and I've posted this before.

The samagum in Edmonton is held in a community hall which houses a daycare. It does NOT have a liquor license and therefore there is NO LIQUOR brought into this hall. Also, as all public buildings in Edmonton, smoking is NOT ALLOWED. Therefore, there is not contradiction between Akaal Takhat's Hukam and the Sadh Sangat Samagum in Edmonton. :TH:

SGGS ji taken out to a wedding at a hall simply seems intentional, juz a way to accomodate the families for whatever plans they have made. i know some ppl have it done like this cuz they wanna do the party right then after the anand karj in the same hall. so lunch is party food (meat, alchohol, etc). my own relatives done this twice at least.

as far as sikh youth camps and smagams go....those events will not be catering to meat and alcohol. maybe these events should be booked at the gurdwara so SGGS ji is not taken out somewhere. if a gurdwara can have a kirtan on a day at the same time as a akhandpaath happening in the same building, why can't they let a youth camp or smagam happen in the gurdwara?

:T:

Guest noonespecial
It is a simple fact that dodra programs are not allowed to be done in Gurdwaras unless the committee is dodra friendly.

LOL.gif that's like saying that AKJ programs are not allowed to be done in Gurudwaras unless the committee is AKJ friendly!

In which I'd have to agree with you 100%! If a comittee is politically motivated to NOT let someone hold a Samagum in the Gurudwara then it doesn't matter WHO the Jatha might be, they'll never get a chance to do so.

But then again, on the other hand, if a comittee is Sikhi motivated to let all Sikhs enjoy as much kirtan and simran as possible then ANY Jatha will be allowed. Hence, the case in Calgary when the Gurudwara Comittee asked "Dodra Jatha" (God, I hate giving names to Jatha's) to hold a session on Saturday night. Again, this was the case when Amrit Prakaash Gurudwara in Surrey (which is a TAKSAALI Gurudwara) allowed a program last July.

I just think that people just drop the politics and let people ENJOY!!