Sikhs Should Have 4 Kids

Have more kids, yes.

As a community we don't have institutions to help raise kids though. Like MS paji said it takes a Pind to raise a proper child. If we can create panthic institutions for dharam, kirtan vidya, science, Phil, arts and sports for the community no one would have to tell people who are married to have more kids.

Community building takes a lot of effort and I haven't seen anything like what I've mentioned above as of yet and I didn't mention a lot of fields.

Have more kids, yes.

As a community we don't have institutions to help raise kids though. Like MS paji said it takes a Pind to raise a proper child. If we can create panthic institutions for dharam, kirtan vidya, science, Phil, arts and sports for the community no one would have to tell people who are married to have more kids.

Community building takes a lot of effort and I haven't seen anything like what I've mentioned above as of yet and I didn't mention a lot of fields.

true but, the Parsis who are the richest community in India have all of these institutions and more yet still they are decreasing at an alarming rate like the Panda bear. Maybe for Goray it takes an entire village to raise their one child but not apne. Me and my siblings only had my parents, no village or institution helped them.

true but, the Parsis who are the richest community in India have all of these institutions and more yet still they are decreasing at an alarming rate like the Panda bear. Maybe for Goray it takes an entire village to raise their one child but not apne. Me and my siblings only had my parents, no village or institution helped them.

True, only my parents were around as well for us.

Naniji in Punjab also raised 4 kids and is still raising all the grand kids too. It comes down to the stay home person who is usually the wife, but male also has an equally big role too even if he is busy working a lot.

I guess the institutional aspect can be a positive necessity, but not a requirement. Maybe it's too idealistic thinking though on my part. Would be nice to see Gurdwara Sahibs actively promote what I mentioneded.

I think the Jewish community could be a good role model in terms of how to successfully build a community and goes to show that population isn't always everything, although population is important.

Actually sikhs also need to secure preserve their spiritual bhramvidya hertiage like tibetans buddhist have done despite of oppression from china and hence why buddhism is also flourishing...Sikhs have excellent job digitizing lot of spiritual bhramvidya of gurbani and gurmat online lots of great stuff online but do fall short to use them and apply them because lack of teacher-vidya gurdev.

Foundation of sikhs abroad needs to be strong if foundation isn't strong,even if one family has 8 kids, what can one teach? just basic level outer sikhi..without sold inner spiritual sikhi one encounters many issues as they are disconnected from ground reality of sikhi.

Sikhs should have big family but question is how can we take care of big family without good income ?

1} Time has come that Sikhs should start living in joint family

2) Marriages - We should stop wasting huge money on marriages

3) Role of Gurdwara Committees - Instead of wasting money on Nagar kirtans and putting gold on gurdwaras they should build institutions which will provide jobs for Sikhs eg Schools build by SGPC provide jobs and eduction to so many Sikhs .

4) Dignity of Labour - Sikhs dont want to do labor work in India but in abroad they can . Take the case of Muslims in India they dont shy away from doing labor work .

5) Bring more people to Sikhi .