70 % Punjab In Drugs Documentary

1ManArmy

The golden bird has left its nest. The sweet smell of the rose has faded away.

Punjabis are too busy trying to get out of punjab. Whos going to take care of it? The Bayae and the bahmans. We've shot ourself in the foot. Everyones trying to get into england or usa canada australia but whos actually stood there and faced the situation instead of running from it. Its all about money these days. Punjabis will soon make a minority in punjab whilst the bahman b*st*rds bleed it dry.

This whole situation is so sad. Is punjab a lost cause?

Can we leave everything we have here and return to our home?

Everyones calling out for a khalistan whilst they sit in the comfort of their homes abroad. Who would return once this khalistan is created when no ones willing to return now. Yeah badal will be gone, no more indian gov influence etc etc but our people are greedy power hungry. Theres a 100 more badals willing to take his place. And drugs. Whos going to stop them being smuggled or grown? Are the 70 odd percent just going to forget their addictions?

We sit here abroad with all the comforts life could possibly offer. Free education free healthcare safety protection a none bias system human rights everything. How many of us are willing to leave all this? Leave this luxury to return home to face the situation.

Heres my take having visited punjab for the first time as a kid in 1984 / 1995 then roughly every 5 years from then on.

Those who can / wanted to leave the Punjab have. They have seen that people come over from the west with a bit more cash and they want some of it (don't you think the UK, Canadian, US sikhs buying up agricultural land, building big houses wouldn't instil a bit of envy in those who remain?)

Meanwhile the young men who remain don't like to work, so they get in people from neighbouring states to do all the work. When I first went to Punjab I didn't see a mosque for example during my stays, then slowly i've seen more and more being built up. I even heard the morning call for prayers the last time I was in Jallandhar last year. These have been built to accommodate the migrant workers.

Even the educated youth are either going abroad or to other states. So Punjab is being left behind. I've seen kids in the village on drugs along with their dads, and its truly sad to see. Its not just hard drugs its other things like livestock tranquillizers that people are taking.

There is a demographic bomb that is about to explode in Punjab as the new hindu & muslim groups are coming in and given that they tend to be poorer they have larger families.

We need to look at these things with educated eyes and with a proper perspective. When we do, we find things ain't quite how the headlines say.

The way Punjab, and India as a whole, counts it's "drug addicts' is by including anyone that drinks a beer, drinks wine, has more cough syrup than recommended and takes more painkillers than really neccessary.

If the rest of the world were to use the same 'drug addict' counting rules as Punjab, 99.9% of England , Canada and Australia would officialy be declared drug addicts.

This is a serious issue that will have devastating effects sooner rather than later. There needs to be a Panthic conference on all the issues in Punjab, Jathebandi’s and other Sikh organisations from UK and other countries need to come and work together as this is a serious issue.

We do not need a one off conference but monthly conferences to see how progress is been made.

If we don’t take action now we’re screwing ourselves over.

We need to wake up and see the reality of the situation and what’s going on.

We need to admit it, the drug problem is all our own doing. The smugglers are all Jats from border areas who have made a lot of money in this trade. Then our lifestyle, we have chosen to adopt the fukra Bhangra (kunjar) culture instead of living a simple pious GurSikh lifestyle because that doesn't look cool enough. Our people have all become show offs, always trying to impress their relatives and friends with wealth, buying expensive brand names(tommy hilfiger is the most popular brand among rural youth now!). Aborting(murdering) off the girls in the womb, even though our Gurus have forbidden it. It's almost like our people sin but don't even feel a little bit of remorse doing sin. We have become indifferent to sin as if committing sin is no big deal.

How many Sikh parents in Punjab make sure their kids memorize and recite Japji Sahib and other Nitnemi Banis everyday? hardly any. The result is in front of us. We have abandoned the aasra of Gurbani and rehit and have become as worldly as anyone else and our children are burning in this Kalyugi world when boys become drug addicts and girls are losing their sharam.

You think that the Indian Gov. was not responsible for putting drugs in Punjab or the drug trade was already a big issue? Don't forget who is trying to Divide the Panth today and doing anything to stop the Sikhs from uniting.