Sant Jarnail Singh Ji & Nelson Mandela

I spent one whole summer in South Africa before they got independence. We lived in a house in the area where only Indians can live. Mandela could have done better post independence area as I seen my dad friends (born in SA) loosing chunk of their land business, got shot at... violence against them started after independence. Yes SA deserved independence but sikh minority got silenced.

I like tibetan model which works very well in current day and age...Tibet has pm who is highly educated/diplomatic and is working closely with his counterpart dalai lama-spiritual advisor/leader while dala lamai spiritual leader is public figure, travels all around the world- winning public opinion of mass regarding autonomous tibet... tibet pm - Lobsang Sangay. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobsang_Sangay

In fact I do beleive sant jarnail singh bhindranwale never intended to be head of punjab autonomous state alone or beleived in ayatollah type iran , if everything were to go well he would have worked very closely with bhai amrik singh ji who was very educated, made him diplomatic political economical leader while him fully concentrating on religious/spiritual/gurmat schooling(taksal).

Western education doesn't mean anything when it comes to leadership. Have you ever seen the education qualification of all the leaders of India? they are highly educated. Nerhu, Indira Gandhi, our own Sukhbir Badal are all educated from universities in the UK! yet their leadership is an economical and social disaster for India. Punjab has never been as bad as it is now under western educated Sukhbir with most of our youth becoming drug addicts and Patit.

On the other hand, Maharaja Ranjit Singh could not read nor write. He stamped his hand because he did not know how to sign his own name. Yet he built a nation from scratch and turned Punjab into the most prosperous place in India at the time. Truth is not all educated people are wise and not all wise people are educated.

As for Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, he studied at Taksal since childhood, that is educated! The term "educated" cannot be defined and restricted within the boundaries of western mode of education only. Part of Taksal's curriculum was to study texts such as Chanakya Rajneeti which even to this day is unmatched text on Rajneeti. Before Dharam Yudh Morcha, Sant Jee like the previous heads of Taksal taught all of these texts at the Taksal. Highly educated men like Dr Swami Subramaniam all acknowledged Sant Jee's insight in current political and social issues. He did much more for the panth and the youth of his time than any so called western educated Sikh ever did.

No doubt Jarnail SIngh Ji was an educated man of Taksal. Sant ji knew about the poltiical issues of Punjab and the things happening to Sikhs. He was a parcharik looking after the Sikh Panth. But you have to say just because he knew political issues did he know how to deal with them and how things are run in a country? It would be a tough question to answer if the Sikhs got their rights in Punjab or lets say Khalistan as a matter of this fact would he be fit for president?