Origin Of Blue Bana's

Singh97

You're very gullible if you think thats all 'some people' here were trying to say.

They have an agenda, but they need your gullible self to fulfill their agenda.

I say that I am secure enough in my own faith to understand these points, whereas some people who don't, only shown their own insecurities.

If thats the only point they wished to make them how come they always go deaf, blind and positively mute when it comes to the Islamic heritage of many Sikh traditions, customs and words.

Let's discuss some then, and see what happens, and see if you can disprove that the islamics arent using your gullible self to fulfill any agenda they may have.

Their purpose is to forge such close links with Hinduism so as to render Sikhism obselete as a stand alone religion in its own right.

As we have already acknowledged that Sikhi is "a-lag" how can anyone forge sikhi with anything else?

The thing is that who maintained the respect and dignity of those 5k's ....

I was thinking this after I read this topic. The fact is that if Hanuman was given kashera by Sri Ram Chander, it is lost to the hindus today. Even those who commit thuggery under the Bajrang Bali name, donl't wear them. They worship Hanuman but don't follow his example. So to me if anybody said that the kashera originated with the Hindus, I couldn't/wouldn't care less.

You're very gullible if you think thats all 'some people' here were trying to say.

If thats the only point they wished to make them how come they always go deaf, blind and positively mute when it comes to the Islamic heritage of many Sikh traditions, customs and words. How come these 'some people' never ever want to mention such things ?

They never do because it goes against their purpose. Their purpose is to forge such close links with Hinduism so as to render Sikhism obselete as a stand alone religion in its own right.

West London Singh, I understand what you're saying. But thanks to people who think Sikhs have taken things or as they say "Blessed" with things from Hinduism and even Islam people are getting the wrong idea about SIkhi. Today so many non Sikhs think Sikhi was artificially created by the Gurus who took some things from Hinduism and Islam and created a man made religion. Sadly I've even seen some Sikhs think this as well.

Originally some began to advocate Hindu origins of Kakkars, Sahibzadas(being incarnates of Hindu Gods) did so in order to authenticate Sikhi in the eyes of Hindus. This probably was a useful tool for old parcharaks who wanted to convert Hindus to Sikhi by giving legitimacy to Sikh dharm in their eyes. Another mythological claim is that Guru Nanak Dev Jee was an incarnate of Vishnu or that Guru Gobind Singh Jee invoked the Devi who then blessed the Khalsa. One should see the socio historical context of these myths (which were created after the Guru's period) instead of advocating them as real in this day and age which will only serve to confuse and distort the message of the Gurus.

West London Singh, I understand what you're saying. But thanks to people who think Sikhs have taken things or as they say "Blessed" with things from Hinduism and even Islam people are getting the wrong idea about SIkhi

And thats exactly my point Johnny.

The people who assert the Hindu origins of some Sikh things will only learn the error of their ways when they are confronted by others doing exactly the same thing as them and asserting the Islamic origin of many Sikh things. Only then will these 'Hindu origin' fanatics learn the error of their ways.

You'll often hear these Hindu agenda Sikhs talking about the so=called Hindu origins of things like the 5 K's but have you ever, in your life, heard any of them mention the Islamic nation origins of such things as the words, Dasatar...Dastar Bandi.. Sardar.....etc ?

These people are taking us on a slippery rope and they won't learn until others use their own agenda to bite them on the bottom with it.

As I stated in a previous message...both are equally wrong. Both groups are equally misguided.

Myth is a interesting subject kind of related with overall higher message in shalok nauvan how world is utter illusion just like bubble in a water or sand dunes that includes sarguna arth of whole chandi devar, chandi charitar etc as from adhyatamic perspective- everything is inside/inner battle.

From Advait -Non dual transcendence from One universal Awareness/consciousness/the Absolute perspective, everything is ONE second to one is all mithiya-false illusion- more else illusion or myth as everything else is nothing but ਜਿਮੀ ਜਮਾਨ ਕੇ ਬਿਖੈ ਸਮਸਤ ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ॥ Within all the earth and sky, there is only one Light. ਨ ਘਾਟ ਹੈ ਨ ਬਾਢ ਹੈ ਨ ਘਾਟ ਬਾਢ ਹੋਤ ਹੈ ॥ Which neither decreases nor increases in any being, It never decreases or increases.

But since we are all talking from sarguna perspective- historical/stories/events hold significance be it good qualities(be it jaat or sat), inspiration, sarguna vahiguroo and its bhagat/sevadars are shared among all of humanity to take qualities from. However, once we (who are still stuck in sarguna perspective) claim everything as myth we fall into very dangerous slippery slope so some caution is needed.

You tell hindus all their historical figures are myth, they will turn around quote gurbani-japji sahib, har jug jug bhagat upaya -half tiger/half man narsingh avtar killed harnakash etc example from aad sri guru granth sahib ji and sri dasam granth - chaubis avtars, explicit quotes mentioning their figures in gurbani then one will end up with two choices- a) stand corrected b) fall right into void of ignorance realm which many missionaries have fell into start doing khandan-mandan of everything.

I don't think we should use word myth but rather use term- Non dual transcendence absolute perspective itself as it provides some proper context/clarity.

From my understanding is that blue was a colour that describes/represents the sky..the sky shelters everyone...as being equal upon all, regardless of age/religion/colour etc and most importantly avastha(stage) of an individual..same as the one wearing bana of blue protects everyone and serves everone..also guru nanak wore blue when he went to mecca..he could have easily worn pink or purple..all for a reason not coincidence.... im adding a video of nihungs when in the middle part they go into the colour blue...its a good watch in general...

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=nihung&sm=3

If you cannot access this..type in you tube search--nihungs by gurcharan singh chani

also the video of balli singh.....from my understandingh akaal purkh gave devteh gifts.. ie khachera for hanuman representing bhramcharia/celibacy even for those in ghrist jeevan(please read up on this)....guru gobind singh ji maharaj gave khalsa 5 khakars that allready belonged to him in the first place as he is the manifestation of the supreme....puran hari avtar...

nothing to be confused about..maharaj clearly stated in ugardanti aswell as sanpooran chaupai shaib that a third religion will begin with the agiya of akaal purkh...not hindu not islam ...the third panth of the khalsa....