I Need A Vichola

Simran9

Sat Sri Akal:

For a Sikh, the Guru Granth Sahib is the Guru. The Shabad Guru is that mediator.

As per the human "mediators" that many have faith in, referring to the REAL Sants/Mahapurakhs/Gursikhs, their words continuously told their fellow Sikhs to follow the teachings of the Guru Granth Sahib. They did not instruct the Sikhs to go find other people to follow...they said follow what the Gurus said directly without a middle person.

Again, this is for a Sikh, and not commenting on other religions.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i dont know about mediators, but mahraj je says so many times in bani to go to SADHsangat, the sangat of the SAINTS

y cause we learn so much and bani starts so much

i have personal expierance in this with baba je

guru jes the best, for sure

but going to sants for sikhia is nothing wrong

guru je even tells us to go do sadhsangat

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

We all need sangat of Gursikhs but that is only to help us become better Gursikhs. No one other than Guru Ji will take you there. Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the only true Guru and without true Guru no one will get there. as far as other religions are concerned "Baajh Guru Dubba Sansaar" because "Satgur Mera Poora". others are "adhooray". Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i think theres confusion here....

I'm not looking for a sant to follow and bow to as if he is the Guru. Thats not it, Guru is Guru, no one else takes that place.

I'm not saying i wanna become a follower of a sant either.

What do I mean by Vichola? Baba Amar Das ji didn't know that Guru Angad Dev ji was the Guru until he heard Bibi Amro doing jap of Asa di vaar. Gurbani pierced his heart like arrows and he fell in love with it and insisted to meet the Guru. Bibi Amro was the one who connected him to Sikhi. Thats what I mean by vichola.

I need a guide. Someone to teach me. I'm not saying I'm looking for an easy way and juz hold someone's finger and its all good. No. Obviously I would have to do my work, juz cuz I'm in the sangat of a sant doesn't mean I don't have to do anything.

When I mean I want someone to teach me, heres what I mean: I want someone to teach me santhiya (I dunno even know what that is except has something to do with Gurbani), how to do keertan, maybe some sikh martial arts, get me into the habit of doing what rehit maryada says, get me to do seva in the langar, teach me how to read Gurbani properly and what it all means, and have the opportunity to read other granths like Sarbloh Granth, Dasam Granth, etc. I need someone to get me to do so much seva that whatever my illness is...it gets cured. Doing seva cured others so it can cure me too.

I juz wish I could do these things.....I dunno if I can....I wanna move to India cuz I probably can't accomplish even 90% while living here cuz my ppl won't encourage me or let me. How can one accomplish anything like this while living in a somewhat ant

i sikh environment? How can I do any of this when no one in my family is amritdhari or even trying to be a Sikh? juz not possible...

i was doin search in the forum and found this by a singhnee.........juz thought it sums it up nicely:

I only believe in Guru GRanth Sahib jee as my GUru

but the Saints bring me to my Guru

there are so many shabads in gurbani that talk about the chain

gursikhs / sants connect you with the guru

the guru connects you with waheguru

Sat Sri Akal:

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji also states that the Sadh Sangat is the place to meet the Almighty. So Khalistani Ji, I am in agreement with you Ji. Sadh Sangat is indeed the place to be for a Sikh, as that is the place where people meet to remember the Almighty through the teachings of Guru Sahib. My mistake for being ignorant of that.

Simran9 Ji, if you are absolutely serious, then you do need to get in contact with a Sikh institution to learn what you want, be it a Gurudwara with a great education system, a Sikh school, or even Gursikhs you hold in high regard.

Perform Ardaas and ask for guidance from the Almighty.

I understand what you mean and what you're after but sometimes you need to take things a step at a time.

You seem to be feeling lost, needing guidance, and you want a teacher to guide you.

It's easy to say, Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our vichola, but if you can't get to it, easily read it or understand it...what then?

That's where sadh sangat comes in.

In this company, you can find truth, with seva you find humility.

What is sadh sangat? it's the company of people through which we can discuss, learn and enrich our spiritual connection to Waheguru. It doesn't need to just be sitting in a gurdwara, listening to katha etc....this forum and what it stands for is also a form of sadh sangat (when we're not bickering about small things or political agendas! :wub: )

Learn from those around you, and in turn let us learn from you.

A single bird may fly around in circles, but did you ever see a flock of them get lost or led astray?

Use the local gurdwara, ask them about classes in whatever you want to learn, i'm sure theres loads of people here who could give you contacts to help you in your quest.

There are so many resources available, so much seva that other have done that have made our path easier to follow.

There is a full translation available if Sri Guru Granth sahib available to download

There are various sites that host audio files to listen to, to help with pronounciation, and I know you can get this on cd too (for a small price)

There are people here who sho

uld know where they are, if not i'll post the links when I get home tonight.

Family is also very important, i'm not sure thinking about going to india and dropping out of college is such a good idea. The Guru's rejected all those yogi's who were spiritually enlightened but shunned the world and retired into the mountaiins? why?

Because, who would be there to be the guiding light for others?

By seeing your devotion and seva, maybe you can be that light for others in your family.

They stressed great importance on family life and integrating this with everything else.

Learning takes time, read gurbani, use the translation to help. Read it 1 line at a time, try to understand what our Guru Ji's were trying to say to us. There are many meaning to what they say, both metaphorical and factual, discuss these with those around you, it'll deepen your understanding and ours.

Never lose faith, help is just around the corner...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji KI Fateh

Gursharan Singh

sathsangat is where u discuss gurmat, keertan, paat, do bhati together

when a bunch of sants get together, thas called SADHsangat

sathsangat and sadhsangat are a bit different

Interesting,

That's something I didn't know, most of the time when I read and hear about what you say is meant to be sathsangat everyone says sadhsangat.

actually, to tell you the truth, sathsangat seems to be something not used often at all in my experience, the only reference on this forum to "sathsangat" or "sath sangat" is you're post khalistani!!