Hindus Wearing The Kara

Guest Sanatani

" It'd be redundant to mention caste because it is obvious to what Sodhi people are from."

Actually no it's not obvious, I know it as a surname. And that's because unlike others caste means nothing to me, but seems to you it means more than what our Gurus actually came into this world to do, to make people realise caste is not relevant. And saundi ni kade, adhi raat nu million pages liki Jane?

All I can say is wahhhhh, shabash well done to Kira ji, JSinghz ji Singhni Miri Piri sis Singh598 ji starstriker ji and others I may have missed for tolerating so much.

It's good Kira ji you are replying back with such nimrata too, very impressed I'm learning too from your replies, coz people will be reading and thinking what on earth she on about thinking caste is relevant, when our Gurus made it clear exactly where it stands.

Well done keep it up.

But that scenario of non-indians not knowing wouldn't happen if they looked into Sikhism if they were truly interested. But whatever, I am sure anyone who would want to become Sikh would want to become a Sikh rather than researchinbg caste's etc right?

Sorry but no one in their right mind would focus on what caste who came from. Common sense dictates you focus on gurbani,the history of the sikhs and what our Guru Sahib's did. like it or not but it was completely separate.

I am just saying that we should continue our dharmic endeavors, and that doesn't change our caste.

What part of Everyone is born without a caste is hard for you understand or comprehend. Sikhism isn't Indian, It isn't even earthly. It's universal. The caste system functions only in India, Sikhism broke out of it. But you love to drag the Sikhs back into it.

I am past this because all I was trying to prove was that the individual's shareer still has caste connection, but the shareer has nothing to do with the atma hence caste doesn't play a big role right..

Sorry but why do you keep avoiding the question if our Guru Sahib's bodies had a caste or not. I keep repeating it but you never give a yes or no answer. It's a simple question. No hidden tricks or anything.

ut the shareer does, but it doesn't matter anyways because anyone can do anything so who cares what your caste is,

If you read Gurbani It refers to our Bodies as temples to Worship god. are you saying our Temples (aka our bodies) are actually based on castes or have castes? Guru Sahib had the most pure body ever. How can you sit there and defile it by linking it that backwards drivel. You're now saying that the Bodies they used, the temples they represented are nothing more confined to Maya and this world as well? There's nothing in anyone genes that tell them what caste they represent.

it is just for knowledge's sake and for knowing where your heritage is from.

Sorry to disappoint you but our Heritage is What happened to Sikhs. Not what happened to Khatri,Brahmin etc. Hate to break it to you but Punjab-ism isn't our Culture, Sikhi is. The caste system is a product of Indian/Hindu Society. Not Sikhism. We have members from all different parts of the Earth, all you're doing now is dividing the Punjabi Sikhs into castes and then segregating the new members as well. Rather than creating a society which makes the caste system redundant you want to keep bringing it up and reminding people that their confined by it and as always totally confining them to a set norm.

Guru Sahib abolished it for that exact reason but you want to bring it back because as usual you're a Brahmgyani that knows more than any MahaPurkh that walked the earth :)

We are actually born into specific castes from our human bodies, which is separate from our atmas mind you. I think you can say the same for any religion by claiming they are universal. I'm not dragging anyone back to castes, it's just a fact. Even in Gurbani it talks about certain castes reading it will recieve certain rewards. I think when they talk about our body is a temple, they are talking about the brain which goes back to the atma figure unrelated to caste. We are confined to maya, everything we see is maya, gyan isn't maya though and that is how it returns back to the brain how the brain is the path to bhagti. I can see how much you know considering all you do is assume stuff about me, smh. You don't need to get personal in an intellectual charcha, and if I have been personal towards you I sincerely apologize.

Intellectual charcha and you do not go together. You just focus on your adorable devi devtaas as Sikhi is not for imposters.

Yes, I know for sure that dharmic religions can be practiced anywhere including ours.

Maybe you should look up some of them before passing baseless statements as usual.

Oh of course, when it comes to things like this it can be metaphors but when I say something is a metephor then I'm wrong?!?! I think it can go both ways.

The Dasam Granth also uses the bull that supports the Earth according to some Hindu Beliefs as a means to convey how devastating a battle was. I GUESS NOW THERE ACTUALLY IS A BULL SUPPORTING THE EARTH. Let's ignore Japji Sahib where is deemed false :)

So what if the body of a saint is pure, it's been always said that all castes are equal and can accomplish anything equally in any endeavors. When did I say pure naam has a caste?

So yes or no. Did the Guru Sahib's body have a caste. Just specify. I just posted Gurbani which states that a saint's body is pure. But you're defiling it by adding a caste onto it.

ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁਰ ਪੀਰਾ ਗਹਿਰ ਗੰਭੀਰਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਬਦੈ ਜਗੁ ਬਉਰਾਨੰ ॥

"The Shabad is the Guru and it is to be worshipped.
It is very deep and unfathomable,
The people of the world without this Shabad would be insane."
SGGSJ Ang 635
Your Vision is of the Khalsa:
ਰਹਿਤ ਸਹਿਤ ਜਹ ਪਾਂਚੋਂ ਮਿਲੇ ॥ ਮਮ ਸਰੂਪ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਤਹ ਭਲੇ ॥
"Where five Singhs with excellent rehat are congregated,
See my true form/spirit within them."
ਖਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਖਾਸ ॥
ਖਾਲਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਹੌਂ ਕਰੋਂ ਨਿਵਾਸ ॥
"The Khalsa - an Amritdharee disciplined Sikh is my true form,
I am present in such Sikhs."

ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜੋਤਿ ਨ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਜਾਤੀ ਆਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ जाणहु जोति न पूछहु जाती आगै जाति न हे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Jāṇhu joṯ na pūcẖẖahu jāṯī āgai jāṯ na he. ||1|| rahā▫o. Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

SO YES OR NO DID THE GURU SAHIB'S BODIES HAVE A CASTE OR NOT.

Can't tell if you are delusional right now or crazy. The only impostor I see is anyone who goes personal in dharmic charchas because of their ahamkar.

Only person with any hankar is you who decides to change Gurbani and Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Maybe you should stop assuming that they are not universal when they surely are as are other dharmic religions.

Any religion that has rituals/rites which are Earth bound will remain earth Bound.

The bull has nothing to do with this, can you show me the place where it denies the bull holding everything with God's power? Just wanting to see that translation from where you seen it from please

ਧੌਲੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਦਇਆ ਕਾ ਪੂਤੁ ॥ धौलु धरमु दइआ का पूतु ॥ Ḏẖoul ḏẖaram ḏa▫i▫ā kā pūṯ. The mythical bull is Dharma, the son of compassion;

ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਥਾਪਿ ਰਖਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਸੂਤਿ ॥ संतोखु थापि रखिआ जिनि सूति ॥ Sanṯokẖ thāp rakẖi▫ā jin sūṯ. this is what patiently holds the earth in its place.
ਜੇ ਕੋ ਬੁਝੈ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ ॥ जे को बुझै होवै सचिआरु ॥ Je ko bujẖai hovai sacẖiār. One who understands this becomes truthful.
ਧਵਲੈ ਉਪਰਿ ਕੇਤਾ ਭਾਰੁ ॥ धवलै उपरि केता भारु ॥ Ḏẖavlai upar keṯā bẖār. What a great load there is on the bull!
ਧਰਤੀ ਹੋਰੁ ਪਰੈ ਹੋਰੁ ਹੋਰੁ ॥ धरती होरु परै होरु होरु ॥ Ḏẖarṯī hor parai hor hor. So many worlds beyond this world-so very many!
ਤਿਸ ਤੇ ਭਾਰੁ ਤਲੈ ਕਵਣੁ ਜੋਰੁ ॥ तिस ते भारु तलै कवणु जोरु ॥ Ŧis ṯe bẖār ṯalai kavaṇ jor. What power holds them, and supports their weight?

That was Guru Nanak refuting that claim. Later on he says.

ਪਉਣੁ ਉਪਾਇ ਧਰੀ ਸਭ ਧਰਤੀ ਜਲ ਅਗਨੀ ਕਾ ਬੰਧੁ ਕੀਆ॥

He created the air, and He supports the whole world; he bound water and fire together.

Then in the Dasam Granth it was mentioned again this time by being used as a means to convey the point that the battle was so intense it felt like the entire world was shaking.

ਕਾਗੜਦੀ ਕਟਕ ਕਪਿ ਭਜਿਯੋ ਲਾਗੜਦੀ ਲਛਮਣ ਜੁੱਝਿਯੋ ਜਬ ॥ ਰਾਗੜਦੀ ਰਾਮ ਰਿਸ ਭਰਿਯੋ ਸਾਗੜਦੀ ਗਹਿ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਸਸਤ੍ਰ ਸਭ ॥

कागड़दी कटक कपि भजियो लागड़दी लछमण जु्झियो जब ॥ रागड़दी राम रिस भरियो सागड़दी गहि असत्र ससत्र सभ ॥
The force of monkeys ran helter-skelter when Lakshman fell down and catching hold of his weapons and arms in his hand Ram was highly infuriated;
ਧਾਗੜਦੀ ਧਉਲ ਧੜ ਹੜਿਯੋ ਕਾਗੜਦੀ ਕੋੜੰਭ ਕੜਕਿਯੋ ॥ ਭਾਗੜਦੀ ਭੂੰਮਿ ਭੜਹੜੀ ਪਾਗੜਦੀ ਜਨ ਪਲੈ ਪਲਟਿਯੋ ॥੫੬੪॥
धागड़दी धउल धड़ हड़ियो कागड़दी कोड़्मभ कड़कियो ॥ भागड़दी भूमि भड़हड़ी पागड़दी जन पलै पलटियो ॥५६४॥
With the clattering sound of the weapons of Ram, the Bull, the support of the earth trembled and the earth shook as if the doomsday had arrived.564.

A point to note is that Earthquakes can be triggered very easily, by men alone.
Maybe you should take a look up at the night Sky, open up an astronomy book. I know you have a massive allergy to learning but it might do you good to know that it's not some bull holding the world in place but Gravity. A part of GOD'S power. Oh look, I see science has said the same as Gurbani. Wonder how that happened.
Since when did maya's castes in the human and other species have anything to do with bhagti? I am trying to say that we are all just atmas, and our shareers are fake anyways as is almost everything else on this world, so they are relating it with that our atma has no class.
You just admitted Castes as a form of Maya, aka their false. Are you now saying that all the Saints who wwalked the Earth were bound by MAYA? ok then
I'm not changing anything, this is where you are flawed with what you perceive about these issues.

Yes you are. You're purposely adding whatever Hindu ideology you want into the mix. In every Amrit Sanchar people go to die. They kill their old self and their caste,self etc all become nothing. Anyone who starts referring to their caste after taking Amrit is breaking the very oath they took.

The fact that you keep running from my question is only proving to everyone that you're Hinducentric views are nonsense but you don't want to admit you're wrong. You'd rather just suggest Gurbani is or start tampering around till it fits you. Like it or not but you're the one who's vain. You're kind of thinking is keeping the Caste system going despite the fact Guru Sahib completely discarded it.

SO YES OR NO DID THE GURU SAHIB'S BODIES HAVE A CASTE OR NOT.

I beg to differ, there are many ways to practice various forms of dharmic religions(sects such as advaitya) which have no rituals/rites because they are aware of ParBrahman everywhere. Ohkay thank you ji about the bull information. Our bodies are also a form of maya, but what is blue is blue in maya. Before those saints attained brahmgyani, I am sure they were entangled in maya like everyone else including you and me. We go to die, but we are still male/female! Likewise, our shareer still has some of those qualities still with us that our old self posessed. I don't even think I am going to bother replying anymore because this is getting no where even if caste is mentioned in Gurbani stating certain people recieve certain rewards.

Do you think you can ever stop your bull.

You are too brainwashed to do that.