Hindus Wearing The Kara

Guest Sanatani

I beg to differ, there are many ways to practice various forms of dharmic religions(sects such as advaitya) which have no rituals/rites because they are aware of ParBrahman everywhere. Ohkay thank you ji about the bull information. Our bodies are also a form of maya, but what is blue is blue in maya. Before those saints attained brahmgyani, I am sure they were entangled in maya like everyone else including you and me. We go to die, but we are still male/female! Likewise, our shareer still has some of those qualities still with us that our old self posessed. I don't even think I am going to bother replying anymore because this is getting no where even if caste is mentioned in Gurbani stating certain people recieve certain rewards.

Can you please state this Gurbani? Thanks.

There is no difference because it is Gurbani too. Gurbani means Gur ki Vaani.

This is what I know and perhaps a Sikh scholar may correct me

Gurbani = Guru Da Bani

And our last Guru is SGGSji Maharaj. Therefore if you are going to claim it's Gurbani, it has to be from SGGS Ji, period, end of story.

Once again, please point this out in SGGS Ji.

You cannot deny Guru ki Bani like that because it may not be in SGGSji, you do nitnem right? Why do you do nitnem if some Gurbanis are from Sri Dasam Granth Maharaj? Both are Gurbani.

ANything our Guru ji says/writes is Guru ki Vaani which is Gurbani.

To the best of my knowledge

Sri Dasam Granth Ji was not written by Guruji Maharaj nor did Guruji Maharaj bestow it Guruship. It was only compiled much later. There is a thread on this in this very forum. From what I know it is rejected by Akal Takth and majority of panth.

Strictly speaking, Gurbani is from SGGS Ji, period, no arguments. We may refer to other writings however authority comes from SGGS Ji. There is NO argument on this! That is why Guru Gobind Singh Ji bestowed Guruship to SGGS Ji precisely to avoid the type of arguments you are having now with everybody. If one can look elsewhere for rule/guidance on Sikhism, what was the point of bestowing Guruship to SGGS Ji Maharaj in the first place?

I'm sorry but there is simply no argument on this. IMHO, if you believe you can obtain teachings of Sikhism outside of SGGS Ji Maharaj, you are not a Sikh anymore. Stop fooling yourself.

IMHO I suspect you're a Hindu who is trying very hard to bridge Sikhism with Hinduism using material that is outside of SGGS Ji Maharaj. Why are you doing this? What is your motivation? Seriously. If you want to be a Hindu, go to a Mandir and be a Hindu to your hearts content. Why come to Sikhism and then try to 'Hindunize' Sikhism? You are obviously lost. Nobody is stopping you from practicing Hinduism. You are obviously very proud of your caste. So go to a Mandir and hang out at Hindu forums, they can cater to your spiritual needs.

PS I have never heard a single Sikh who referred to a Gurdwara and Mandir and believes they can wash away by dipping in Ganges river, not a single one, and I'm well travelled. LOL!

I'm not the one fooling myself. It is still Gurbani Gurbani is Guru ki Vaani, do you think Jaap Sahib isn't Gurbani then because it is from Sri Dasam Granth Maharaj???????

So you don't call our temple in Amritsar Sri Hari Mandir?? That is the name.

IMHO

There is no argument on this. SGGS Ji Maharaj is the final authority on Sikhism, period, end of story. Either you accept Guru Gobind Singh Ji bestowing Guruship to SGGS Ji or you don't, it's that simple. One cannot serve 2 masters.

BTW it's 'Harmandir' and not 'Hari Mandir'. Slip of tongue? LOL!!!!!

PS To the best of my knowledge, Jaap Sahib is not 'from' Dasam Granth. It was written much earlier then incorporated into Sri Dasam Granth Ji.

So you don't think Sri, Jaap Sahib is authority or countless other phaats located ooutside of SGGSji? 2 masters? What a lie, everything is ONE, it is ONE Gurbani. & yes it is Hari Mandir :) I believe it is from Sri Dasam Granth Maharaj, you can prove it wrong otherwise.

Do you accept that Guru Gobind Singh Ji bestowed Guruship to SGGS Ji or not? It's that simple. By looking outside of SGGS Ji on Sikhism, are we not undermining SGGS Ji's authority? Why even bestow Guruship to SGGS Ji then?

Sri Dasam Granth Ji was compiled much later.

You are confused. You want to be a Hindu but yet remain within the Sikh panth. So you try to justify your Hindu beliefs by quoting material outside of SGGS Ji Maharaj. I suggest you go to a Mandir and satisfy your spiritual hunger from a Hindu perspective.

So what if that has happened?? That means to you Sri Dasam Granth Maharaj isn't made from Gurbani? Gurbani is Guru ki Vani. Yes, it is still Gurbani and whoever doesn't believe that is nastik. Does that mean other Vanis of our Sri Guru ji's aren't Gurbani anymore? What does the word Hindu mean in your definition? Just curious to how I meet that definition in your eyes.

On Sri Dasam Granth, there is a lot of material in the Dasam Granth sub forum. Please go educate yourself as you sound very lost.

So now you're asking what does Hindu mean. Next you'll be telling us Sikhs are Hindus. I already see it coming. LOL!

Seriously, what is your motivation here? Is it in the hopes that Sikhs will somehow come back to Hinduism? If thats your plan you can just 'forgetaboutit'. LOL! Hindus far smarter then you have tried and failed.