Want To Cut Kesh After 10 Years As An Amritdari/keshdari - Please Advise

Guest anon

On 08/01/2015 at 7:57 PM, Guest anongram101 said:

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

ms514 ji, I have some more points I want to put to you.

I do believe in Gurbani, and in all honesty believe in amrit, and in Khalsa Panth- but I wanted/ part of me still wants to opt out. I can assure you I have delved quite deeply in the meaning of Naam, and the spiritual stages a bhagat goes through. I have tested the saying/vajan of modern day Mahapurak Brahmgiani Sikhs. A modern day respected Mahapurak said that if a Sikh does 20 Japji Sahib, he will get what he desires. I tested this by attempting to do 20 Japji Sahibs a day, though at that time the most I managed was 14 in a day, my hearts desire was granted to me (despite the extreme unlikelyhood of the occurence under normal circumstances). The reason I took amrit was I read 'bandgi nama by raghbir singh bir'.

But over the last 10 years, what has influenced my thinking or approach to make the comparison between bhagati, and secular intellectual pursuits, particularly in the sciences, though not restricted to science are the following:

K. Anders Ericsson's work on 'expertise'
Mike csikszentmihalyi's work on 'flow states'
Carol Dweck's work on 'mindset'

Other Authors/Researchers work on 'Mastery'

& in general empiricism and deductive reasoning.

Due to this influence, I had started to imagine myself as a Sikh with cut hair. I suppose it was/still is a case of having my cake and eating it to. I'm not hurting anyone.

I would greatly appreciate any comments,

Kind Regards,

Anon

PS

Historically and right up until WW1, if troops tried to leave the battlefield, or refuse to follow orders, they were usually killed (troops shot for cowardice by british in WW1), even tortured to death (i.e. romans). Even in modern times there is usually prison time to serve (i.e. soliders awol in USA). So when Guru ji, let the 40 sikhs go, with only having to write a bedwaa, that was the most compassionate, lenient act in the history of warfare.

Today whereas, a Sikh who wants to leave amrit, is given the most severe penalty by modern day sikhs, short of violence i.e. being Patit outcaste. Thats severe. It's the absolute maximum penalty one can be given,

VJKK VJKF 

What if you do the paath fast? Does it still count? 

Vaheguru Ji.