West Midlands

Big_Tera

bro wat u mean by tht? sikh ppl over there arent havin kids? i no tht more n more goreh dnt have kids or only 1 child to focus more on their careers but sikhs r also doin this i personaly belive tht havin 3 kids atleast is a healthy number

I mean sikhs are growing in the UK but its a really low rate. I think its due to afghan sikhs coming over and the freshies from india, although a lot are going back now (southall is empty). I think most sikhs care too much about money and careers to be having 3 or 4 kids, most just have 2 I reckon. Its good in a way we arent criminals and arent looking to take over the world. but its bad in the sense that even though people are having 1 or 2, they are bringing them up as closet atheists.

What about Canada?

Most of London is a 3rd world dump birmingham sadly going the same way

I wouldnt entirely agree with that. There are some really expensive areas in London, especially Hindu and Jewish areas ( no crime) lol

Bham isnt the capital so theres no financial district etc, more poverty sad to see, espc with kashmiri gangsters pushing heroin on people :(

I mean sikhs are growing in the UK but its a really low rate. I think its due to afghan sikhs coming over and the freshies from india, although a lot are going back now (southall is empty). I think most sikhs care too much about money and careers to be having 3 or 4 kids, most just have 2 I reckon. Its good in a way we arent criminals and arent looking to take over the world. but its bad in the sense that even though people are having 1 or 2, they are bringing them up as closet atheists.

What about Canada?

Kinda the same story here. When our parents first immigrated they had usually 3 kids but now a lot of the ppl who I grew up with are getting married and seem to only want one or two kids but the good thing is that a lot of newly arrived ppl from India are havin 3 to 4 kids.

Muslims only act aggressive in their own areas. You wouldn't get muslims acting like this in more diverse non muslim areas.

Many of these people are coward who will attack a lone person not a single person as they know what will happen.

lets not forget its only a few from these communities who give the rest a bad name.So lets not say all Muslims are doing this kind of thing.

As for muslims having more kids to dominate. Having more kids as alot to do with the negative economics of the muslim community who come from less well off backgrounds.

Muslims dont have more kids to dominate, its just their cultural norm to have more kids. I think most people now regardless of religion are having less kids. They dont go with the intention of having more kids to dominate. lol

Its not like back in the day when the first generations of Sikhs/muslims who came to the UK would have like 6 kids. Having kids is a big responsibility. You have got to be able to look after them. That is why alot of people are only having 2 or 3 kids only these days its a big financial responsibility.

Having been to birmingham its seems to be a very depressing and boring place with bad weather. ive been to all the muslim areas ie sparkhill, sparbrook ect. let these people live in these depressing slums. why would any Sikh want to live in these areas anyway? That is full of halal shops ect.

I would rather be in a white middle area then on of these dumps in birmingham.

Muslims only act aggressive in their own areas. You wouldn't get muslims acting like this in more diverse non muslim areas.

Many of these people are coward who will attack a lone person not a single person as they know what will happen.

lets not forget its only a few from these communities who give the rest a bad name.So lets not say all Muslims are doing this kind of thing.

As for muslims having more kids to dominate. Having more kids as alot to do with the negative economics of the muslim community who come from less well off backgrounds.

Muslims dont have more kids to dominate, its just their cultural norm to have more kids. I think most people now regardless of religion are having less kids. They dont go with the intention of having more kids to dominate. lol

Its not like back in the day when the first generations of Sikhs/muslims who came to the UK would have like 6 kids. Having kids is a big responsibility. You have got to be able to look after them. That is why alot of people are only having 2 or 3 kids only these days its a big financial responsibility.

Having been to birmingham its seems to be a very depressing and boring place with bad weather. ive been to all the muslim areas ie sparkhill, sparbrook ect. let these people live in these depressing slums. why would any Sikh want to live in these areas anyway? That is full of halal shops ect.

I would rather be in a white middle area then on of these dumps in birmingham.

your wrong bro their birth rate isnt decreasing due to a change to westeren culture. This may be the case for some families but others are still popping out 4 or 5 kids and claiming benefits.

Sikh migrationary patterns are quite different from the Pakistani migrationary patterns.

Observations from Birmingham/West Midlands is that Sikhs for some reason always live in the outskirts/peripheries of Birmingham, particularly in the Satellite towns whereas Pakistanis have always lived in the more innercity areas.

Give credit to Sikhs where it is due, we are quick to progress to wanting to live a 3 bedroom semi with a driveway (formerly nice green lawned garden which we can quickly concrete over), whereas Pakistanis are stuck in their two up, two down terraced houses. In that perspective is that we are more progressive.

What I find interesting is in Birmingham, the premier Asian Shopping area is Soho Road in Handsworth which is has traditionally established by Sikhs, even though Pakistanis in Birmingham outnumber Sikhs about 5 to 1. You would think that it should be in Alum Rock or Sparkhill but it isn't. I am sure that typically in sterotypically Pakistani migrational patterns, the Sikh established area and businesses probably attract them like flies around horse manure and they are opening Halal shops/restaurants like nobodies business there (could be wrong, if someone can confirm if this the case)

In terms of reproducing kids, most Sikhs value standard of living above everything most things. We prefer to have 2-3 children because we can provide a good standard of living, live in nice houses in the suburbs, send our children to good schools. Sikh women have always worked in the UK since our community arrived and therefore it has a major impact on how many children you will have. It is only recently you are seeing Pakistani muslim women working in larger numbers.

Further question, when the expression "no go" area is used, what does that actually mean? Does it mean that a non-muslim goes into a heavily muslim area and they are driven out because they are threatened and intimidated or is it the sight of muslims concentrated in one area puts people off?

In Birmingham the premier shopping areas are in fact Ladypool Road, Coventry Road, Alum Rock Road, and Soho Road, there are also shopping centres in Lozells Road and other smaller ones. All are dominated by Pakistanis except Soho Road which is about half and half. Also please note that Pakistanis have a long history in Birmingham as long as or longer than Sikhs. There is no friction and 99.999% of people live very happily together. Sikhs and Pakistanis have always lived side by side and worked side by side and visted each others houses and festivals since the first ones came to Birmingham in the late 1940s to date. Look at facts and not fiction, people get on very well. Also most Pakistanis are now moving to Hall Green, Hodge Hill, Great Barr and other areas which are nice areas and can be described as having large Pakistani communities.

Also please remember that sikh areas in west london were created by white flight, if sikhs do move to any other areas lets see how long goras stay there. Hatred against other asians will not benefit sikhs and i mention that point based on the writings of ranjit above who used a analogy that refers to manure and flies, surely this shows a prejudiced mindset, please think before making such comments.

Where Sikhs lead, Pakistanis will follow. Is there a situation where Pakistanis lead and Sikhs follow?

Are there any areas established by the Pakistani community with businesses, mosques etc etc where a Sikh or some non-muslim non-Pakistani community have moved in, open non-halal shops and their own non-muslim places of worship?

Just a question