Disgusting Video Of Singh Getting Jumped In Toronto

ghettosikh

This is why we shouldn't be too quick to judge and assume on these things. There's always two sides to a story!

I had a feeling this Singh wasn't exactly some innocent kid who run into bunch thug wannabes, but obviously this doesn't mean it was right to rob the kid and kick his turban though.

Still no one has any right to assault anyone like that and then insult the turban.

Let us stop believing in hearsay and let the law take its own course.

The good news is that the culprits have been arrested and should face the music if proven guilty.

Wjkk wjkf,

The video is quite disturbing. At the end of the day Sikhs need to be able to defend themselves. If anyone us in the Birmingham area, check out the self defence classes starting on the 8th March 2015, Chatterton Hall, 93b School Road, Hall Green. 3-4pm

Topics covered

How to handle verbal aggression

Pre-fight fear control

De-escalation techniques

Simple techniques that work under duress

Knife defence

Multiple attackers

Escape from grabs, ideal for women

And much much more..

Roop can be contacted on fastcombatives@hotmail.co.uk for more details.

First lesson is FREE!

Suitable for men and women 18+

So I got some information on this case from my cousing who are in that high school and know a little bit about the person involved.

This happened outside Lincoln M Alexander Secondary School.

The people involved are punjabis and the guy boxing is Mohammed.

Apparently , that singh is an <banned word filter activated> and talks <banned word filter activated>. He came from some another area, thus some territorial thing involved too. He also blazes, he smokes weed. They didnt steal his phone and threw it in river.

Apparently after a beating this guy is still talking <banned word filter activated>.

Thats all the info I got from my cousins.

Excuse my ignorance because I'm not as 'down wid da yoots dem' as I used to be, but what does "blazes" mean ? You said he smokes weed and he also blazes.

Although I'm not altogether too surprised because when I lived in the Vancouver area the drug problem there shocked me to the core not least the laissez faire attitude the bajurgs (including women) had towards weed.

One more question, do any decent normal people exist among the Canadian Sikh community or is it a total lost cause as far as the diaspora is concerned ?

Excuse my ignorance because I'm not as 'down wid da yoots dem' as I used to be, but what does "blazes" mean ? You said he smokes weed and he also blazes.

Although I'm not altogether too surprised because when I lived in the Vancouver area the drug problem there shocked me to the core not least the laissez faire attitude the bajurgs (including women) had towards weed.

One more question, do any decent normal people exist among the Canadian Sikh community or is it a total lost cause as far as the diaspora is concerned ?

Yea, blaze is the same thing as smoking weed, it took me a while to realize until my high school cousins clarified it. For them this whole fight was a joke.

I cannot say about the whole community, but I can only say from my limited experience. I went to the same high school, I was never involved in any such drama or fights. Somehow cruised through high school safely, except two instances with kaale in 2 years, mild ones too. I think this is only a high school thing, which has been over glorified too much. Once kids go to unis, their lives change no such drama happens.

So the sikh community is decent here, hard working people, getting their kids higher education. This is my view.

Does this somehow edit the video evidence? In fact it enhances it against the perpetrators with suggestion that the names are in fact punjabi and they would know the significance of stomping on the dastar in addition to the risk of death or serious injury. This is far from "only a high school thing".

It remains that the video shows there is a serious criminal attack involving punjabi bullies in numbers stomping on someone’s dastar and then robbing that person.

The reliable cousin is the video.

There needs to be a proper and thorough investigation. How is the above information to be reconciled with this poster earlier from an identifiable facebook account:

The young man being assaulted is someone known to my person. Not only has this young man been heavily involved in so many of our community initiatives, he’s done it with such integrity. He is frankly a great kid and when I read comments that he stood his ground and wouldn’t let the other group of young men obviously berate and bully him I wasn’t surprised. I know if he were walking by another young man being similarly assaulted, he would have intervened to help

Someone apart from police is hopefully in contact with the young man to find out what happened and even challenge him on the facts as necessary.

Yea, blaze is the same thing as smoking weed, it took me a while to realize until my high school cousins clarified it. For them this whole fight was a joke.

I cannot say about the whole community, but I can only say from my limited experience. I went to the same high school, I was never involved in any such drama or fights. Somehow cruised through high school safely, except two instances with kaale in 2 years, mild ones too. I think this is only a high school thing, which has been over glorified too much. Once kids go to unis, their lives change no such drama happens.

So the sikh community is decent here, hard working people, getting their kids higher education. This is my view.

Yeah I feel ya bruvs. :poke:

Your "kaale" analogy is quite apt though because I think sometimes Sikhs in other places don't realise that Toronto is up there with London, New York and Miami as the 4 main cities of the Jamaican diaspora, so the whole Jamaican influence is very strong there amongst our youth (or should I say yoots dem) there just as it is in London or Birmingham. In fact, probably more so in Toronto because we Sikhs share the same neighbourhoods such as Rexdale and Mississauga. Blacks are thin on the ground in Vancouver, of course, and perhaps thats why our young boys and girls there have taken the position of the blacks there in terms of a reputation for drugs, crime and general nasty attitude ?

But like I said I really do feel you because honestly, hand on my heart, it was in Canada that I for the very first time in my life (except visits to Punjab) experienced langar sitting down on the floor. When we moved to Canada there was no Gurdwara here in the UK that had langar on the floor. It was all tables and chairs. Then, when we moved to Canada and had to sit on the floor I remember arguing with the bajurgs. I said how can this be equality when most people can't sit on the floor because its too hard o do so. To be honest it was hard for me because I'd never done it before. But thinking back now I smile when I think how stupid I was. The first time was hard. The second time was hard but not as hard as the first time and before I knew it...it was no issue at all. Of course I knew that in this day and age having a chair was not the thing that differentiated a rich man from a poor man but it was more than that. There was something spiritual about all of us, together, on the floor enjoying his blessings. For that experience I have to thank Canada and in the political sense I think we all have to thank Canada for it because Canada led the way. I think then for many of us in the diaspora it is sad and dissapointing to see the current young generation in Canada display so much apathy for Sikhi when their counterparts in the UK and Italy for example are taking it to a whole new level. But I think we've got to take into account some socio-political realities. The reality is that Sikh Canadians are extremely proud to be Canadian. Thats why, for example, you see the Maple Leaf everywhere you go in Punjab. But when's the last time any of us saw the Union Jack being displayed by UK Sikhs ? The answer is never because we just don't do it. We don't do it because our loyalty to a large extent is with Punjab even though we are 3rd and 4th generation British born. This is possiby a European phenonemon as surveys have shown that even ethnic minorities who are 5th, 6th and even 7th generation French born feel no affinity towards France but instead class themselves as natives of the land their great-grandfathers came from. Canada doesn't have that. It doesn't have that because 8 times out of ten even the white man there is from relatively recent immigrant stock from Portugal, Poland etc. Thus you all feel you're in this together, thus you all feel affinity together as Canadians, thus the strong Sikh nationhood and cultural identity that UK and Italian Sikhs feel for example, does not exist at the same scale. This is a shame. Its a shame because we in the diaspora have great hopes and dreams about what Canadian Sikhs could achieve in the future for the Sikhs of Punjab. We're fast approaching a time when the oil in the Arabian gulf is finished and the only nation left on earth still producing oil is Canada. We all know that Canada will be rich beyond understanding. Knowing the power that will bring we're all hoping the young Sikh Canadians wake up and use that power for the benefit of Sikhi.

As for the Singh in the video ? Having read his messages and gained knowledge of his character I'm increasingly of the opinion that it's about time someone gave him a beating.

Yeah I feel ya bruvs. :poke:

Your "kaale" analogy is quite apt though because I think sometimes Sikhs in other places don't realise that Toronto is up there with London, New York and Miami as the 4 main cities of the Jamaican diaspora, so the whole Jamaican influence is very strong there amongst our youth (or should I say yoots dem) there just as it is in London or Birmingham. In fact, probably more so in Toronto because we Sikhs share the same neighbourhoods such as Rexdale and Mississauga. Blacks are thin on the ground in Vancouver, of course, and perhaps thats why our young boys and girls there have taken the position of the blacks there in terms of a reputation for drugs, crime and general nasty attitude ?

But like I said I really do feel you because honestly, hand on my heart, it was in Canada that I for the very first time in my life (except visits to Punjab) experienced langar sitting down on the floor. When we moved to Canada there was no Gurdwara here in the UK that had langar on the floor. It was all tables and chairs. Then, when we moved to Canada and had to sit on the floor I remember arguing with the bajurgs. I said how can this be equality when most people can't sit on the floor because its too hard o do so. To be honest it was hard for me because I'd never done it before. But thinking back now I smile when I think how stupid I was. The first time was hard. The second time was hard but not as hard as the first time and before I knew it...it was no issue at all. Of course I knew that in this day and age having a chair was not the thing that differentiated a rich man from a poor man but it was more than that. There was something spiritual about all of us, together, on the floor enjoying his blessings. For that experience I have to thank Canada and in the political sense I think we all have to thank Canada for it because Canada led the way. I think then for many of us in the diaspora it is sad and dissapointing to see the current young generation in Canada display so much apathy for Sikhi when their counterparts in the UK and Italy for example are taking it to a whole new level. But I think we've got to take into account some socio-political realities. The reality is that Sikh Canadians are extremely proud to be Canadian. Thats why, for example, you see the Maple Leaf everywhere you go in Punjab. But when's the last time any of us saw the Union Jack being displayed by UK Sikhs ? The answer is never because we just don't do it. We don't do it because our loyalty to a large extent is with Punjab even though we are 3rd and 4th generation British born. This is possiby a European phenonemon as surveys have shown that even ethnic minorities who are 5th, 6th and even 7th generation French born feel no affinity towards France but instead class themselves as natives of the land their great-grandfathers came from. Canada doesn't have that. It doesn't have that because 8 times out of ten even the white man there is from relatively recent immigrant stock from Portugal, Poland etc. Thus you all feel you're in this together, thus you all feel affinity together as Canadians, thus the strong Sikh nationhood and cultural identity that UK and Italian Sikhs feel for example, does not exist at the same scale. This is a shame. Its a shame because we in the diaspora have great hopes and dreams about what Canadian Sikhs could achieve in the future for the Sikhs of Punjab. We're fast approaching a time when the oil in the Arabian gulf is finished and the only nation left on earth still producing oil is Canada. We all know that Canada will be rich beyond understanding. Knowing the power that will bring we're all hoping the young Sikh Canadians wake up and use that power for the benefit of Sikhi.

As for the Singh in the video ? Having read his messages and gained knowledge of his character I'm increasingly of the opinion that it's about time someone gave him a beating

Now you have started believing in hearsay which has helped you "gained knowledge of his character" so that insult to our crown by monah hooligans is justified.

This is what I term, "shame."

Now you have started believing in hearsay which has helped you "gained knowledge of his character" so that insult to our crown by monah hooligans is justified.

This is what I term, "shame."

exactly it doesnt matter what the singh did previously the fact of the matter is that his dastar was kicked when he was on the ground by a bunch of apney and a muzzy!