Should Sikhs Celebrate Christ-Mas

Christmas isn't really about superstitions. Or Jesus for that matter, nor paganism, at least not anymore. What it is is a riotous celebration of capitalism, family and fun. One may object to the former themselves but I don't see that there's anything wrong with the latter two. My family and I enjoy Christmas. We don't worship graven images of Christ, we don't pay homage to the dryads and pixies living in our Christmas tree and we do not sacrifice turkeys on a blood spattered altar to the Christmas "deity" Santa Claus... That last suggestion alone is enough to render the whole of this ludicrous leaflet quite moribund.

Guest Jacfsing2

I actually think there's something wrong with Sikhs that produce leaflets like those and go on about "not celebrating Christmas". I say 'wrong' because, especially in countries like England, 99% of the population celebrate xmas because of Santa and kids presents and parties. Only about 1% even bother with any 'Jesus' element to it. And then you have some of our Sikhs, who seem to think 99.9% of the country are remembering Jesus. :surrender:

Its all really a bit silly. Sikh groups producing leaflets about Christmas and Christianity when the fact is 99% of the population couldn't care less about xmas's association with religion and Jesus. For the 99%, its all about Santa and fun for the kids and fun for them.

Frankly then, I can't help feeling that the leaflet producers and their supporters are stuck in a time warp from the 1940's and haven't grasped what century we're leaving in and the state of Christianity in the western world (apart from America of course....which is the saudi arabia of the western world)

America is the place where people celebrate x-mas as Christ-mas, but in different parts of the country people just celebrate is as Santa Claus and St. Nicholas.

Oh for f... a bit early for this kind of topic isn't it? ?

It was Vaheguru's hukam that this topic started months before to prepare them to boycott it.

Guest Jacfsing2

You think God is conspiring against Christmas?

I like The Grinch too Jacfsing, but calling him Waheguru is a bit extravagant.

No, but everything that does happen is Hukam