Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

Sikhs are doing much better in the West than they are in Punjab, where 75% of kids are addicted to hard drugs.

Although exposure to Western culture exerts a malign influence upon certain very ignorant or unstable individuals, the sort I mentioned in my first post, Western liberal values fit Sikhi much better than Punjabi ones. If you actually know your Sikhi, and are committed to them, the West is a great place to live.

I think we should let Kira answer this as Its a bit difficult to debate with 6 people at one time. It just goes to show that it needs six people to debate with one. i personaly dont have vast amounts of time to debate with 6 people. so I will just stick to one for now and that is kira.

Do you not think there is a problem of over westernized Sikhs in the UK and around the world? Answer me this question.Or are Sikhs doing perfectly well in your opinion?. .

Sikhs are doing better spiritualy and economicaly than most other groups in the west. If you look back at our practices in the west over the lst 60 years or so you'll see that this here, right now, is our golden age.

lets just look at the facts. Most Sikhs are not practicing their religion

Do you think most 'christians' are ?

Do you think most 'Jews' are ? because I can tell you right now that the vast majority of them are secular hedonists.

Do you think most Hindus in the west are ? because I can tell you right now that they are by far the most "whitified"

Do you think most Muslims are ? because I can tell you right now that, more often than not the garb (i.e the hijab) is just an illusion and the fact that Iran officially has the highest percentage of females who are Meths, Heroin and weed smokers on the entire planet is testament to that.

The lesson here is to stop being so pessemistic. That kind of attitude is nt in our nature and is not part of our psyche. See things properly and you'll see how this is the best we've ever had it. Ever.

Guest Jacfsing2

JagSawsingh read my post above. I dont have time to debate with 7 people. Let Kira see if he can win this debate with me.

one on one. not 7 people diverting the topic to different things and confusing the whole thread.

Your not even speaking like a true Sikh would. You're just being rude to everyone because you can't post actual statistics.

lets just get back to the main topic instead of diverting from the issue.

Do you not think there is a problem of over westernized Sikhs in the UK and around the world? Answer me this question.Or are Sikhs doing perfectly well in your opinion?. lets just look at the facts. Most Sikhs are not practicing their religion.

Many are marrying non Sikhs. They know more about Christian festivals then their own. The call themselves English names instead of Singh and Kaur.

What is causing all this to happen. Do you have the answer and the solution. Or are you just randomly interfering in topics on here? :biggrin2:

My questions are about the topic. If you feel you're inadequate to respond to them then thats fine with me.

My questions are about the topic. If you feel you're inadequate to respond to them then thats fine with me.

LOL

You lost the debate as you failed to answer my simple question. just goes to show you should not interfere in topics you know little about.

Here's the deal. Answer my questions first as I proposed them before you and I'll happily respond to yours. The fact that you need to turn to snide comments and racist remarks to back your points only further asserts as most people here are saying, you're nothing more than a half-dead racist that's a bit pissed because no one's being punjabi anymore. The sikhi part is merely a guise.

As I though you cant answer the questions because you have no answers.

Okay I will answer your questions just put them here again so I am clear in what you are asking. then you have to answer mine. sounds like a deal.

As I though you cant answer the questions because you have no answers.

Okay I will answer your questions just put them here again so I am clear in what you are asking. then you have to answer mine. sounds like a deal.

Then why not use Westernized? :)

No but you're happy to paint them in a totally negative light lmao.

but here you said

Assimilation isn't necessary becoming, its absorbing and becoming a part of. Not becoming just like the culture. There are aspects of Western Culture that correlate fine with Sikhism, there are others which don't. Such as when the Irish first migrated here during the potato famine of the 1840-1850s they still took part in many of their traditional roots but at the same time tried their best to play the part of being good neighbors with the natives.

Cool story. So what about those White Sikhs, are they not sikhs then lmao.

In the UK? the problem nearly isn't as big as you're painting it. The current generation is far more aware of Sikh traditions than their grandfathers. And to answer your OP, most of the problems you mentioned occurred when the older generation migrated here. There's a nice growing trend of people actually EMBRACING Sikhism more in our present state.

From here you made it pretty apparent this is a rant is more about Punjabi culture lmao. You seem more concerned with Asceticism than actual Sikhism. You're more than happy to criticize others and brand them foolish when you're own narrow shortsightedness is preventing you from actually seeing all the good that is at-least trying to flourish here.

You claim you don't use it in a racist context but words like "white" or even "brown" can easily be avoided by terminology like "western" or even "asian". But it's clear you DON'T want to do any of that. From anyone perspective this is clearly just a rant about race rather than anything else. You're not pissed that Sikhism is as you claim "dying" you're pissed that Punjabism is dying.