Why We Only Hear Stories Not Spiritual Talks In Gurdwara?

SadSingh

The parcharks only tell us stories at gurdwara. we have heard these stories over and over again but in Gurbani it only talks of the spiritual path and about Naam Simran. why dont these parcharks and sant talk of the spiritual path, how to do Simran and the obstacles we will encounter in our bhagti, since that is only what Gurbani talks about. dont these parcharks, sants, granthis have to do alot of Simran and reach a certain spiritual stage before they can do parcher.

The parcharks only tell us stories at gurdwara. we have heard these stories over and over again but in Gurbani it only talks of the spiritual path and about Naam Simran. why dont these parcharks and sant talk of the spiritual path, how to do Simran and the obstacles we will encounter in our bhagti, since that is only what Gurbani talks about. dont these parcharks, sants, granthis have to do alot of Simran and reach a certain spiritual stage before they can do parcher.

Because each soul has its own spiritual journey and one cannot tell anybody a set way to do simran apart from the basics of with love and Sharda. If they start doing courses on bhagti, another may not agree with their ways then there would be arguments and misunderstandings and conflicts, and there's enough of that going on in Gurdwara.

But they do guide the way to do connect to God. And in a way they do say how to do it through sakhis and Gurbani.

It's our souls that finds its own way to achieve that gyan of bhagti through only Gods grace.

It's not as simple as saying do this, this and this.

One would only be able to talk about experiences but even that I feel are personal to ones self as not all will go through the same experience.

Everybody has not heard the same sakhis, new generation come as time goes by so it's important for them to hear too and the knowledge is in these sakhis of those from past that have experienced God. Stories of Sants, and Gurmukhs who have realised God and the truth.

The knowledge is in the Kirtan, in Gurbani, and sangat, Guruji has already set it out for us, if one wants to go deeper then then one needs to be in sangat with a mahapursh, which blessed souls do get the chance to do. There is literature but the gyan will not apply to every single soul as all are at different spiritual stages, and different obstacles. so it would be unwise to teach one that if you do it this way this will happen.

It would be like a doctor saying if you take this medicine this will definitely happen to you and what if it doesn't? As a patient has different side effects or not any at all.

I think I haven't been able to express what I'm trying to say aswell, but hope it's understandable.

There are gurdwaras that do Naam Abhiyaas, so it's best to get the lahaa from that.

I forgot to add the most important, Hukam. Without Hukam nothing is achievable, grace of Waheguru.

i think it also has to do with kavi santokh singhs nanak prakash and suraj prakash granth, before these granths there werent alot of granths on complete jiven of Guru sahibans. kavi ji made a one stop shop to read entire life of the Gurus with his granths. gians and granthies didnt have to study many granths anymore. thete was a shift from Gurbani katha to completely story katha and doing Simran was not important anymore, they just stuck to telling stories.

Guest Jacfsing2

I don't consider it the Pracharks fault because there are 2 main things we don't know. One, their own spiritual level. Second, if they are afraid of speaking out especially if the Sangat doesn't have true love for Vaheguru. However, I don't agree with the Sant part, because many sants have done Gurbani Kathas.

Well these stories are true, and have more impact as they tell you about certain things they Guru Sahibs encountered and we shall too.

The Spiritual path you ask about, well that comes personally to each individually, one feels it when reading Path day and night.

It's watching somebody eating a delicious dish, then you ask them to describe it, but he/she can't, so unless you take a bite, you'd now know.

I don't consider it the Pracharks fault because there are 2 main things we don't know. One, their own spiritual level.

Second, if they are afraid of speaking out especially if the Sangat doesn't have true love for Vaheguru. However, I don't agree with the Sant part, because many sants have done Gurbani Kathas.

1 what im saying is when a parchark is receiving his Gurmat education, he is taught from Gurbani how to jap the Gurmanter and the different stages of Naam Simran. The parchark doesnt have to tell his own avasta but he probably knows the stages from Gurbani or his teacher where he got his Gurmat education from.

he should tell the beginning stage so everyone is at least aware of what to do.

2 im not saying sants have not done Gurbani katha but the main focus is on story telling with couple of Shabads thrown in that we all know. it seems the story dictates what the shabad says, when it should be the opposite.

Agree with jacfsing2 Sants, mahapursh do/did Gurbani katha, eg: Sant Maskeen Singh ji, Bhai Guriqbal Singh ji, etc.

They explain the importance of it below.

Im not saying Sants never have done Gurbani katha. im saying why is it not the main focus all the time during a katha. instead we have story telling as main focus. we have the 100% authentic word of Guru Sahibans but we put it aside and focus mainly on stories. we should use stories but they should be secondary not primary.

this is the reason i believe why most Sikhs dont do Simran. if we focused mainly on Gurbani we would easily pick up that we have to jap nam to get to Waheguru.