Attention California Walio!!!

JSingh

Attention California sangat! (I know some sangat comes from other states as well, even from Canada)

The 25th Annual Yuba City Nagarkirtan is coming up this weekend on Sunday November 7! For the full details see this webpage.

Click here for directions and details of program in English. Scroll down and open the attached document.

There will be a open house seminar on Saturday November 6.

And then the parade on Sunday November 7. :wub:

Sikh Students Association of CSUS will be there all three days, we will be building our float on Friday and Saturday....if anyone wanna do some seva and help us out, please join us!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------

Some notes about how to improve our image in the community....

Last year I heard that people had stuffed dirty baby diapers into people's mailboxes, this year lets not let that happen. If you see someone stuffing garbage into someone's mailbox or property....please stop them! Thats juz gross no.gif

And also, our people trash the place too much. Please throw your trash in trash cans, after the whole event is over it takes forever too clean up the parade route and the gurdwara.

And even worse, too many people leave their left over langar on the tables. First of all, only take what you can eat. Secondly, don't leave your jhoota plate and food on the table, someone else needs that space after you. I'm only saying this stuff, cuz last year I was disgusted by this.

The important thing is to keep the gurdwara, the parade route, and other grounds associated to this event clean. blush.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they do.. And don't be suprised if you see ppls in langar hall with shoes on and without head covering.. (that's what i saw at last nagar keertan)

Also, i wonder what's soo good in this? not trying to be party pooper here tongue.gif but i been to nagar keertan for like 2 or 3 times and i found nothing important as Religious way.. except the keertan which take place a night before the parade.. But it's good get together time for sangata..

I might not be able to be there this time as i have loads of study to catch up :wub:

Also, i wonder what's soo good in this? not trying to be party pooper here tongue.gif but i been to nagar keertan for like 2 or 3 times and i found nothing important as Religious way.. except the keertan which take place a night before the parade.. But it's good get together time for sangata..

ummm.......then maybe you shouldn't waste your time with the parade. Juz stay in the gurdwara and listen to keertan. I think on one of the flyers it says that the hazoori raagi jatha from Harmandir Sahib will be there, plus loads of others as well.

so if u actually wanna get some laaha out of it then stay in the gurdwara. If you wanna be there juz for the heck of it then the parade is your thing.

And this is good chance to do some seva. Langar hall is big issue with pplz shoes inside and uncovered heads. Get as many of your friends together and juz do patrolling of the langar area: keep the tables clean if a dimwit leaves their jhoota plate on the table, keep the shoes outside of langar hall, someone asks you for a spoon or water-->juz be nice and do the seva, etc, etc.

There's so many things to do there besides the parade. The parade is mostly for the non sikh community. ITs juz for sikh awareness so

non sikhs can learn bout sikhism and what its all about. IF the parade isn't interesting for you, listen to keertan, or even better do seva. Give yourself a dirty job like making sure theres toilet paper in the bathroom :wub:

ITs the young folks who gotta come up and take charge of things....cuz we all know where a lot of the elder folks are occupied. :D

I hope lots of young folks come and do gurughar di seva and langar di seva. Year after year, I see bunch of young guys and gals in groups with the parade, but none of em want to DO anything, they're juz there to check out ppl mostly. <_<

ummm.......then maybe you shouldn't waste your time with the parade. Juz stay in the gurdwara and listen to keertan. I think on one of the flyers it says that the hazoori raagi jatha from Harmandir Sahib will be there, plus loads of others as well.

so if u actually wanna get some laaha out of it then stay in the gurdwara. If you wanna be there juz for the heck of it then the parade is your thing.

hmm, I think all the ragi Singhs will be out in the parade aswell doing kirtan.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

i ve been going to it ever since i can remember but i dont think im going to it this yr

The parade is mostly for the non sikh community. ITs juz for sikh awareness so non sikhs can learn bout sikhism and what its all about.
i dont think it should be in y.c who is looking at sikhs there? there is only peach trees there. and people who are watching are the people who have "parking $5 " signs in front of their grage door. we should have it in sanfrancisco like was done one yr. i remember that when i looked down the street there was large numbers of non sikhs who were stopping other sikhs as they walked and asking them about sikhi and who we were. and shop keepers who stopped working and watched the nagar kirtan go by. that actually shed some light on who we are.

but peach trees and tractors? its true that there are a lot of punjabi ppl in y.c and maybe thats why the choose to have it there.. but thats the only "good" reason to have it there.

otherwise its just some greedy money grabbers who are thinking only of how many ppl will come and matha tek in their Gurdwara.

keep an eye out for FREE posters

also keep an eye out for "the sikh bulletin" an anitpanthic/antigurmat news letter that supports kala afghana.. last yr they had if on a whole bunch of cars. if you see it take it and dispose of it properly. those pakhandis always try to use Gurbani to prove their point

Last year I heard that people had stuffed dirty baby diapers into people's mailboxes

HAHAHAHA how convenient! LOL.gifrolleyes.gifnonono.gif