‘My Children Don’T Want To Add Singh To Names’

singhbj singh

If anyone bothered to read the article, you'd see why her children feel that way

if she had an ounce of self-respects she would teach her kids about their ancestors and the amazing kirpa the Guru Sahiban have done on us ...they will stand straight spined and smack the offender straight in the teeth ...you've got to stop pampering to their bullies and actually give them knowledge of their roots ...

It is impact of jokes and stereotypes against Sikhs and general mocking, bullying that Sikhs face.

There is not a single Sikh who has not faced such prejudice. Especially outside Punjab. Sometimes teachers, coaches, bosses are also nasty. That makes Sikh kids and youth self conscious.

One can notice it online also how people react differently when they say a Sikh ID. Either try to call that person stupid or call him/her Khalistani.

Elders need to make kids and youth more aware and secure in their identity and counsel them not to take such things to their heart.

There's no need to be conscious of one's identity no matter what.

then you get apnay who attack those who have rehit and faith and sabat surat...that's when you have a tough time explaining to your kids ...I told them that those mone feel their own lack as Sikhs when they see you , they realise they don't love Guru ji enough and it makes them upset on themselves but they don't have the guts to punish themselves so they try to tear you down to make themselves feel worth something ...you should feel sorry for them that they are cowards who have lost Guru ji's blessings.

Guest Jacfsing2

then you get apnay who attack those who have rehit and faith and sabat surat...that's when you have a tough time explaining to your kids ...I told them that those mone feel their own lack as Sikhs when they see you , they realise they don't love Guru ji enough and it makes them upset on themselves but they don't have the guts to punish themselves so they try to tear you down to make themselves feel worth something ...you should feel sorry for them that they are cowards who have lost Guru ji's blessings.

It's more than just mone who seem to be against people being true GurSikhs, I'm not any AKJ, nor do I understand Bibek to much; however, some Amritdharis were against Bhai Jeevan Singh keeping his Bibek: http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2010/08/story-about-bhai-jeevan-singh-jee.html?m=1

Yes these mone and sehajdharis also attack, mock and bully saabat soorat Sikh kids a lot. Dailypost newspaper also brought out a survey on this.

These guys are insecure and feel inferior themselves for not having enough discipline to follow Sikh maryada properly so start taking out that complex by trying to bully and put saabat soorat Sikhs down.

Amusing they pretend to be "modern" but cannot practise basic respect towards someone else who wants to follow his religion properly.

I dont know where some of you guys come up with this stuff from.

100% right about everything you say, I've even seen some people on this forum trying to question monay shaheed from 80s/90s. Pathetic.

If you follow Sikhi properly (without punjabi attitude) then there is no axe to grind ...what do you claim to be haughty ? staying away from sharabi, kebabi parties, not eating food made by people who don't pray or keep any form of rehit, don't eat out ...that is following basic bibek given by panj piarey . However if you mean bad-mouthing people just for being at a different point on their spiritual journey then sure they are not correct in attitude . Where I get it is from living it all my youth and seeing my three year old beaten up by kids four times his age and his life getting threatened . I chose to see an internal struggle as the reason not just bl00dyminded violence , but forgive me for giving kids the benefit of the doubt and not trying to create hate in my young child's mind against himself or others. Guess I am a bad Mum

Guest Jacfsing2

100% right about everything you say, I've even seen some people on this forum trying to question monay shaheed from 80s/90s. Pathetic.

If you're talking about Jinda and Sukha they eventually kept their Kesh, also ever since the movement began many organizations required people to be Amritdhari to even join them.