Inappropriate Language

Singhberkshire

See, I notice you don't have any problem with offensive language.

Watch and learn certain overly sensitive people.

<My reaction> Yawn.

See, you don't have to get your knickers in a twist over every little thing!

Paji Dally I don't agree with the word you used, I use the word budhu to describe what you are describing, but I do understand where you are coming from and what context you are using it in, that me being a female. But I would also say, since there are women children and it is a Sikhi forum that you don't use that particular word, it does have different interpretations and the elder generation will not understand what you mean by using it or even those that are not familiar with the slang of it. It does actually mean what SinghBerkshire Ji has said.

I was only defending your positives as a person, but I guess anybody that will say anything good about you doesn't matter as you have used that word, so I get shot down too for trying to advice on how to deal with it.

And you know what since we are on the subject of insults, I'll name the person too who does insult in her clever way, through her false and pretence by indirectly insulting our faith and then twists everything around bad never writes anything from herself by thinking but I feel she does it on purpose. That's why I've not been responding much since the last 3days much and if anybody's noticed I didn't put no posts on until today. And it's not just me, somebody else has left this site too for a bit and I'm going to do the same too, because when people like Preet twist everything around and play mind games and try to bring pro Hindu views to twist Sikhi and then make out they don't and people on here can't be bothered to samjhaa her, then you are just letting her walk all over your faith.

Anybody can say what they want but I know she won't stop and pasaad di jahr a.

So take a good look at who hasn't put any posts on recently when you all aren't too busy fighting.

Can't be doing with the insults and mind games on here either so going to join my brother whose already left. And that's only because Preet made it impossible for us to write on here.

Carry on pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.

Take a look at this video too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=975367405843006&id=318363321543421

Good bye Ji.

Paji Dally I don't agree with the word you used, I use the word budhu to describe what you are describing, but I do understand where you are coming from and what context you are using it in, that me being a female. But I would also say, since there are women children and it is a Sikhi forum that you don't use that particular word, it does have different interpretations and the elder generation will not understand what you mean by using it or even those that are not familiar with the slang of it. It does actually mean what SinghBerkshire Ji has said.

I was only defending your positives as a person, but I guess anybody that will say anything good about you doesn't matter as you have used that word, so I get shot down too for trying to advice on how to deal with it.

I get it, I still maintain that people are being overly sensitive though. But I'll moderate my use of THAT word for the greater good. I'm just wondering what next word/phrase people are going to start crying about?

So take a good look at who hasn't put any posts on recently when you all aren't too busy fighting.

Can't be doing with the insults and mind games on here either so going to join my brother whose already left. And that's only because Preet made it impossible for us to write on here.

Carry on pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.

I strongly believe we have to also understand the nature of this new medium we are on. The whole strength of the Interweb is that it allows unprecedented levels of communication. This comes with positives and negatives. The negative being people say say things online that would probably rarely get said otherwise.

I watch a few people on Youtube (training guys and some comedians) - when you see some of the personally offensive statements in the comments section - you go "what the hell!' I'm pretty sure you'll see this even on Basic of Sikhi video comments.

But then it should dawn on you - that is the nature of the beast. Look at any article on terrorism and Islam in even respected papers - the comment sections have all manner of off key comments in them.

This is the nature of the medium we are using - it has its strengths and weaknesses. Overall though, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

Theoretically, if I was to open a Youtube channel - I'm sure I'd get really b1tchy, negative comments on the regular like even the most successful Youtubers do. That's how it goes. That doesn't stop them doing their thang though.

Preeti and anyone else similar is of this ilk - we can't let people like that stop our flow.

I get it, I still maintain that people are being overly sensitive though. But I'll moderate my use of THAT word for the greater good. I'm just wondering what next word/phrase people are going to start crying about?

I strongly believe we have to also understand the nature of this new medium we are on. The whole strength of the Interweb is that it allows unprecedented levels of communication. This comes with positives and negatives. The negative being people say say things online that would probably rarely get said otherwise.

I watch a few people on Youtube (training guys and some comedians) - when you see some of the personally offensive statements in the comments section - you go "what the hell!' I'm pretty sure you'll see this even on Basic of Sikhi video comments.

But then it should dawn on you - that is the nature of the beast. Look at any article on terrorism and Islam in even respected papers - the comment sections have all manner of off key comments in them.

This is the nature of the medium we are using - it has its strengths and weaknesses. Overall though, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

Theoretically, if I was to open a Youtube channel - I'm sure I'd get really b1tchy, negative comments on the regular like even the most successful Youtubers do. That's how it goes. That doesn't stop them doing their thang though.

Preeti and anyone else similar is of this ilk - we can't let people like that stop our flow.

You are right Paji, I'm just having bit of a rest from the wonderful (Not so) technology, media. Not been able to follow a few topics as bit busy, but I know it's the kalyug we live in, plus people aren't face to face, so I guess it's easier for negativity to get through.

Oh well, never mind, I thought why be upset over people, when I have my Waheguru to please, and they should be the only ones being upset for.

Waheguru.

You are right Paji, I'm just having bit of a rest from the wonderful (Not so) technology, media. Not been able to follow a few topics as bit busy, but I know it's the kalyug we live in, plus people aren't face to face, so I guess it's easier for negativity to get through.

Oh well, never mind, I thought why be upset over people, when I have my Waheguru to please, and they should be the only ones being upset for.

Waheguru.

Talking about making positives from negatives, I actually think all this type of stuff is actually useful in helping us to develop thick skins!

Living where I am, I'm more concerned about witnessing and being on the receiving end of violence than any silly words on the internet.

Let's keep things in perspective. I guess if I was in some closeted section of darkest deepest Berkshire (or anywhere similar), I'd have my perspective skewed as to what real issues are and what minor ones are.

You live and you learn. But I guess if I lived in some idyllic, corner of the world where very little goes on, I'd possibly be making a big deal out of nothing. People used to tell me when I was younger "All these tough times you are experiencing is God's way of making you stronger Singh." I didn't get it then - but I think I do now.

: )

Dear All,

A polite notice lets try to keep this site clean without finding the need to use vile language in sometimes the same sentences concerning our Guruji.

Many thanks.

Good initiative, I am glad someone has taken it. There are so many different expressions that can be used instead of 'vile' expressions. I can't imagine us not using them.