What Do Punjab Sikhs Think Of White Converts

Guest Steven Joe

Guest Jacfsing2

You will come across one trillion JATHEYBANDIYAAN, Sikh temples based on every single caste you can think of, then, you will come across the amritdari and non amritdari Sikhs, the meat eaters and the non-meat eaters, the alcohol drinkers and the non alcohol drinkers! You will meet those that support/don't support anandkaraj of interfaith marriages, there are those that also think they are very modern and westernized to follow Sikhi! Some, you will find, don't see the necessity to accept the amrit, some believe you don't have to do five banies after the amrit and some say only 3 banies will suffice.

You forgot the seemingly popular group now at days for Sikhs-In-Name-Only and that's believing all religions lead to the same place.

You forgot the seemingly popular group now at days for Sikhs-In-Name-Only and that's believing all religions lead to the same place.

I knew, I had missed something out. Thank you for mentioning it. One more thing, I also forgot to mention is, that our brother Joe,the wanna be Sikh, will also encounter many lookalikes Sikhs with turbaned heads minus their beards, appearing more like little lost goats or sheep instead of courageous lions!

I knew, I had missed something out. Thank you for mentioning it. One more thing, I also forgot to mention is, that our brother Joe,the wanna be Sikh, will also encounter many lookalikes Sikhs with turbaned heads minus their beards, appearing more like little lost goats or sheep instead of courageous lions!

And the other flipside: full kesh flowing dhari Singhs who are proper cowards too. Donkeys hidden under a tiger skin.

I honestly don't think most of them are being racist, rather they are mostly just interested in what inspired him or her to follow Sikhi, (you seem a bit too quick to judge a fellow human being for seeing something which isn't usual for what he or she have always seen at the Gurdwara).

Some people are just curious. It's not a bad thing.

Thing I love about Sikhi is that you have to fight for it. You have to go through all the negative bullsh1t muscleman highlighted to get at it, but if you persevere and manage to, what you find is inexpressible.

But if you're looking for club to belong to, to make your life comfortable and get some tribal sense of belonging and a sense of superiority - better look elsewhere!

• 3 weeks later...

I have personally seen and heard racist sikh losers including my own grandmother talk about white people like they are scum- there are indeed many racist punjabi sikhs, that's a given.

I have personally seen and heard racist sikh losers including my own grandmother talk about white people like they are scum- there are indeed many racist punjabi sikhs, that's a given.

Before you go judging your grandma, you might consider her experiences of whites may have been a world apart from yours. In some countries open,violent racism is no longer socially acceptable - most young <banned word filter activated> people who've grown up in recent times can't even get their heads around how things were REALLY different in the recent past. These things shape perceptions.