Going To India Or Spain

Big_Tera

I am planning on going on holiday soon. I am not one really for holidays, but I get time off so I thought I may a swell use them.

I was all set and ready to head off to a typical holiday in spain on a nice sunny beach ect for a few days. But then I thought about India. I have not been to India a very long time. ie 10 years. I thought I could also visit some historical places ie around Dehli. I could also make the excursion to Punjab and visit the Amritsar.

But is India ie Dehli worth the visit or would Spain be a better option. its either a sunny beach or the of the hustle and bustle of India. Im not sure whhcih one to chose. Anyone been to both and would recommend me anyone? I have not really been to a beach holiday before only city breaks. So thats why I am not sure which on to choose. Last time I was india I was quite young so could not really experience what it was like and I heard it has now changed alot.

Guest Jacfsing2

I am planning on going on holiday soon. I am not one really for holidays, but I get time off so I thought I may a swell use them.

I was all set and ready to head off to a typical holiday in spain on a nice sunny beach ect for a few days. But then I thought about India. I have not been to India a very long time. ie 10 years. I thought I could also visit some historical places ie around Dehli. I could also make the excursion to Punjab and visit the Amritsar.

But is India ie Dehli worth the visit or would Spain be a better option. its either a sunny beach or the of the hustle and bustle of India. Im not sure whhcih one to chose. Anyone been to both and would recommend me anyone? I have not really been to a beach holiday before only city breaks. So thats why I am not sure which on to choose. Last time I was india I was quite young so could not really experience what it was like and I heard it has now changed alot.

I've never been to Spain; however, from what I've heard you could get a good trip for a cheap and affordable price. If you're looking for ONLY historical gurdwaras then India could be the better option, (there's a lot of nothingness from Non-Sikh places there). I don't know much on how Sikhs are treated in Spain, but I know a lot live in the secessionist state of Catalonia.

I've never been to Spain; however, from what I've heard you could get a good trip for a cheap and affordable price. If you're looking for ONLY historical gurdwaras then India could be the better option, (there's a lot of nothingness from Non-Sikh places there). I don't know much on how Sikhs are treated in Spain, but I know a lot live in the secessionist state of Catalonia.

Prices are quite cheap at the moment due to the strength of the pound in. yeh I was thinking India has more history compared to spain.

I haven't been to Spain either so don't know much but India is pretty amazing. If you go to India are you just going to stay in Punjab or are you going to check out other states aswell?

Yes I have heard that India is now a big tourist hot spot due to the improvements in infrastructure. Many westerners are starting to go.Well my plans for India would be a 5 to 7 day visit. As its a big country I will need time to visit all the attractions. I was thinking of getting a hotel in Delhi as this is best as a base because it has the best railway/road connections to the rest of India. So its its easy to get to places such as Punjab through the the railway. I was thinking of doing the usual tour of the golden triangle which takes in Dehli attractions, plus agra and taj mahal, jaipur ect.

It takes nearly 7 hours to get to Amritsar/Punjab from Dehli on train so I may need to get another hotel for the day when I am in Amritsar or preferably sleep in the Golden temple accommodation quarters If I can get space there.

Most of my family live in Dehli hence I will feel more comfortable there and know the area reasonably well. I dont know which states to travel to to be honest apart from near dehli areas.

go to himachal pradesh and maybe kashmir if its safe, wont regret it.

i may check them out.

Ive actually been in these areas ie near Jammu and Kashmir before and it the views were amazing of the mountins and lakes not sure if I will have time to go there though as its quite far from dehli and indias trains are not particularly quick .

i may check them out.

Ive actually been in these areas ie near Jammu and Kashmir before and it the views were amazing of the mountins and lakes not sure if I will have time to go there though as its quite far from dehli and indias trains are not particularly quick .

they say its heaven on earth. I would suggest get a driver as roads can be dangerous or get a 4x4 drive yourself. Also, contrary to a lot of people I would say visit the historical places in Pakistan and also see other areas and judge for yourself how you get treated.

Guest Jacfsing2

Prices are quite cheap at the moment due to the strength of the pound in. yeh I was thinking India has more history compared to spain.

It would help if you mentioned what the goal of your vacation is? Do you want to go to Gurdwaras in India or Beaches and whatnot in Spain? (I believe Spain has some Gurdwaras).