Going To India Or Spain

Big_Tera

10 days is way too short for india. I say go to spain. 2 days are gonna be wasted just traveling to and from india. But u havent been for 10 years so i would say save up ur holidays so u can go for at least a month. If thats not possible, and u have no longer holidays coming up, then go to india. But dont waste ur time travelling in india. Just visit delhi and amritsar. In delhi there are many historical gurudware plus the widows colony. In amritsar there are also many gurudware ( 5 in or near harminder sahib that u must visit to have a complete yatra: Kaulsar, Ramsar, Santokhsar, Ramsar, and i forget the rest. There is also baba atal rai tower) if after visiting delhi and amritsar u have time and arent tired out then think of going to kashmir or himachal pardesh.

Thanks for the advice.

Thats what I was also thinking. to much time will be wasted on travelling. But it may be quicker if a got a flight from dehli to utter pradesh direct if they have such a service.

then travel the rest of the journey by road. saying that travelling is also good. as you get to see alot of amazing views along the journey ie on the road and train.

I was planning on going to dehli for 7 days as a package holiday I could go for a month but property in india we have is under refurbishment so wont be able to stay there any time soon plus we are selling the property. So wont have a base in India to stay for long periods as I have done in the past.

Having done some further research I have come to the conclusion that I might just go to Spain. It might be a bit more relaxing and stress free then going on a long distance holiday to india and enduring the 12 hour Coach/car journeys up and down the country. aswell as extreme heat lack of facilities and infrastructure and pollution.Having said that while looking into the India option and if I decided to do the usual Dehli - monuments/agra and Himachal pradesh Manali tours.

I would need to go for 10 days minimum and book everything separately not as a package. the schedule would work out like this.I will need to cram this all in 10 days so there will be no day to have a rest. unless i sleep on the coach journeys to Manali. ideally you would do this visit in 11/12 days to have 1 or 2 days rest in between.But If I decided to go with the 10 day option which is reasonable enough and allows for some rest time in between.it would work out something like this.

1) spend 4 nights in Dehli staying in local hotel, visiting local attractions such as red fort/qutab minar this will also include a trip to agra to visit the taj mahal . The taj will be a one day job as its far from dehli.

2) then I will leave the dehli hotel after spending 4 nights there and head to manali on a luxuary coach that is a sleeper and has A/C. The journey will take 12 hours, Hopefully it will be more comfortable then hiring a driver and safer as you will be with a big group of people. I will then get to Himachal pradesh (manali) at 8pm at night and check into another hotel that I have pre-booked. this will be my base for 2 days . I will visit all the local attractions in Manali/ ie hop on bus tours ect. the famous Himalayan like mountain views. I will also visit the Manikaran Sikh temple there.

3) return from manali on the coach which will take another 12 hours and straight to dehli airport were I will catch my return flight back to London.

As can be seen the indian option is alot more exhausting even though it may be more interesting and varied.

just for anyone else interested to know the price of the indian trip. This will come to £650 -700 in total after getting all the quotes of flights/hotels/travel costs online from booking.com. If I just went for 7 days and just concentrated on dehli/jaipur and the so called golden triangle.and left out himachal pradesh altogether it would cost £600

The spain holiday will cost £300

Go to spain bro. Plus I hear Taj Mahal is overrated.

Thats what I heard. alot of people are into the whole love story thats why they make it more then it is,

I think I will leave India for when I have more time anyway. best not to rush it. I would like to go to the historical Gurdwaras which will take time to travel to.

Taj mahal is complete tatti, so overrated its pathetic! U r not allowed to take pics of the mahal frm ur own cameras. Also the surrounding areas of the taj mahal is disgusting to put it lightly, its typical of smelly freshys! Behind the mahal,is a massive long sewage infested river, with dirty swamps and river is black too! I went back in 2000, so it may have changed.....but i highly doubt it!

Taj mahal is complete tatti, so overrated its pathetic! U r not allowed to take pics of the mahal frm ur own cameras. Also the surrounding areas of the taj mahal is disgusting to put it lightly, its typical of smelly freshys! Behind the mahal,is a massive long sewage infested river, with dirty swamps and river is black too! I went back in 2000, so it may have changed.....but i highly doubt it!

Taj was also made by slave workers who were forced to build it during the mughal rule of India. It should be demolished as it is a symbol of cruel barbaric Islamic rulers of India.

Instead of it it should be built a peace monument for all the people who lost their life building and forced to work on this structure that cost near a billion pounds to make in modern money.

Incidentally the qutab minar in india was built with stone after demolishing local Hindu mandirs and used as materials for construction of the minaret.

go to himachal pradesh and maybe kashmir if its safe, wont regret it.

Himachal pradesh is great but there is much animosity towards Tibetans and foreigners from hindus there ... you could go to gurdwara Mani karan where they cook langar using the Hotsprings That Guru Nanak Dev ji started , then there gurdwara Paonta Sahib where Guru Gobind Singh ji did uccharan of Jaap Sahib . you can go to DHaramshala, Bir for hanggliding

jkvlondob is it safe though? those roads that go through the mountins don't look safe.

you could hop onto a flight from delhi it's what I did to Dharamshala then taxi it on day rates to the Gurdwarey ....roads were a helluva lot better than most Indian ones but from chandigarh to dharamshala is 12 hours , 45 minutes flight easy maths...