Going To India Or Spain

Big_Tera

Do visit himachal pradesh in India.There are many historical Gurudwaras there and the beauty of nature will surely add memories to your trip.Paonta Sahib Gurudwara is situated on the banks of river Yamuna, this is the place whereGURU GOBIND SINGH SPEND a lot of time.This place is connected to all other major hill stations.the only problem you can face is the extreme cold here.If you are planning to stay at Amritsar it s hard to get accommodation inside Gurudwara premises.Go for online booking of a nearby hotel and try to see the Amritvela at Darbar Sahib.Manali is another hotspot in the hilly area.

Do visit himachal pradesh in India.There are many historical Gurudwaras there and the beauty of nature will surely add memories to your trip.Paonta Sahib Gurudwara is situated on the banks of river Yamuna, this is the place whereGURU GOBIND SINGH SPEND a lot of time.This place is connected to all other major hill stations.the only problem you can face is the extreme cold here.If you are planning to stay at Amritsar it s hard to get accommodation inside Gurudwara premises.Go for online booking of a nearby hotel and try to see the Amritvela at Darbar Sahib.Manali is another hotspot in the hilly area.

Yes I have heard about Himachal pradesh has amazing views of valleys ect. I did actually go to this area when I first went to India, I went to Vaishno Devi. we had to walk like 8 miles up a mountain and saw some beautiful scenery along the way. Ive also been to many of the Historical Gudrwaras there. But when I went I was quite young so could not really appreciate it fully. The only thing is it takes 7 hours to get to Hamachal from Dehli on train so I dont think I will have time unless I dedicate 2 days in this region and say there for a while. I could just switch bases to Amritsar instead of Dehli which would make travelling to these remote regions up North easier. Thanks for the advice the amritsar accommodation. I will probably just book a hotel like you said.

I was planing on going mid april . What would be the best way to get the Manali? and how would I plan that trip?

they say its heaven on earth. I would suggest get a driver as roads can be dangerous or get a 4x4 drive yourself. Also, contrary to a lot of people I would say visit the historical places in Pakistan and also see other areas and judge for yourself how you get treated.

It is indeed. Not sure about the driver. would it be safe? especially as I am a tourist although Indian. I remember when I went to these parts on previous trips wnd we did hire a mini coach to take us to the historical Gurdwaras. But there were like 15 of us. This time I will just be two of us.

It would help if you mentioned what the goal of your vacation is? Do you want to go to Gurdwaras in India or Beaches and whatnot in Spain? (I believe Spain has some Gurdwaras).

I am not going specifically to visit far out Gurdwaras as I have been to them before. I will of course visit the local ones such as Bangla Sahib in Dehli and Golden Temple. But If they came across my journey to Himachal pradesh then I will definitely visit them.

Guest Jacfsing2

I am not going specifically to visit far out Gurdwaras as I have been to them before. I will of course visit the local ones such as Bangla Sahib in Dehli and Golden Temple. But If they came across my journey to Himachal pradesh then I will definitely visit them.

If you have to go to India, (which I expect you most likely will), I'd recommend visiting all the busy areas, (Goa/Kashmir/*Delhi) as well as Harnandir Sahib.

Yes I will probably go to India as I will also hopefully have the advantage of speaking the language but saying that alot of people in India speak english well.

In major cities like Ludhiana and Chandigarh they speak English pretty good.

I'd give Spain a miss. You won't really see anything there that the French or the Italians can't do five times better. If you want a good beach maybe you'd also want to consider one of the islands in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives or Mauritius - best tropical coastlines in the world, except perhaps for the Caribbean.

10 days is way too short for india. I say go to spain. 2 days are gonna be wasted just traveling to and from india. But u havent been for 10 years so i would say save up ur holidays so u can go for at least a month. If thats not possible, and u have no longer holidays coming up, then go to india. But dont waste ur time travelling in india. Just visit delhi and amritsar. In delhi there are many historical gurudware plus the widows colony. In amritsar there are also many gurudware ( 5 in or near harminder sahib that u must visit to have a complete yatra: Kaulsar, Ramsar, Santokhsar, Ramsar, and i forget the rest. There is also baba atal rai tower) if after visiting delhi and amritsar u have time and arent tired out then think of going to kashmir or himachal pardesh.