Drunken paathi's...

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

I went to a Gurdwara this morning nearing the end of the akhand paath... n to my shock and disbelief, the GUY who was reading the paath at the end was someone who i know is an alcoholic, eats meat and hasnt even taken amrit?!!!!

he didnt look like he'd had a drink today but the fact he drinks excessively outside of Gurdwara is totally wrong. but forget that... he hasnt even taken amrit yet hes performing akhand paath?! how does that work out?! so i later learnt from the stage secretary who announced they were short of paathi's! but still.. thats disgusting. this guy had been kicked out from a "rival" Gurdwara because they found out what his social life was like!

my hearts still racing with outrage wacko.gif

Gurdwaray have been corrupted by politics these days...

They need paati's otherwise they will never get the akhand paath complete..and the family wanting the akhand paath pay for this so they would lose out there if they could not complete the paath..

That is why my father says it is better to do a sehaj paath yourself because that way you will get the full 'phal' of the bani..

Bhul Cuk Maaf!

Gurdwaray have been corrupted by politics these days...

They need paati's otherwise they will never get the akhand paath complete..and the family wanting the akhand paath pay for this so they would lose out there if they could not complete the paath..

That is why my father says it is better to do a sehaj paath yourself because that way you will get the full 'phal' of the bani..

Bhul Cuk Maaf!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I second that. Akhand Paaths/sehaj paaths/kirtan etc done by PAID profesional bharreh de tatoo paathis are of no use at all to anybody.

The bhareh de tataoo are just in it for the money... they come LATE for the Raol, keep an eye on the clock and begin to get "hopping mad" when the next paathi is even a few seconds late..some even exchange raols and do two or three at one go so that they cna go back early or go to another programme, they DEMAND things like badams, milk, cream, butter new soap oil etc and take these home, they will secretly call Home on your phone FREE ( wait till you see the phone bill after the akhand paath is over )...

GURU JI has strictly enjoined us to do Path ourselves, or at least spend some time hearing it...BUT unfortunately what happens

is the family sponsoring the akhand paath is so busy looking after guests ( so called sewa) that they have no time for any gurbani...at night raols there is NO ONE except the Paathi and Guru Ji...sometimes I have had to do two or more raols continuously because the enxt paathi never turned up or over slept and no one was there to see what is happening...

When I was younger I came across a granthi who was an alcoholic....he couldnt do paath raol unless he was <Edited> drunk....many times the next paathi after him found the cushion "wet".....adn yet due to the :shortage" of pathis he was regularly called to do paaths

This same situation exists today.....mainly because the Akhand Paath ahs become a mere RITUAL...each trying to out do the next man....when there are not enough paathis for even one paath.... we have FIVE Paaths simultaneously.... no one is bothered by teh GHOR BEADBI of GURBANI where FIVE or even MORE - like 50, 101, 200 Simultaneous Akhand Paaths are held at one place..

Such ritualsitic behaviour has made all this just a money earning exercise for paathis..FAST SPEED is a main asset...if no one undertsands a word of gurbani...its ok...who cares as long as the paath finishes in 48 hours...Full Speed ahead is the norm...especially at Bhog time when the Paath is DELAYED...

The solution to all this ghor beadbi is Commitment: 1. DONT arrange a paath unless one can do it himslef... at least soem of the Five paathis must be family members ( if not all five)... 2. Make a commitment to hear the Gurbani ( at least half if not most of it)...Invite only family and close friends...dont make it a social ocassion to have one up on the neighbours .. Pay more attention to gurbani than langgar sewa... and serving guests only....and NEVER arrange to have SIMULTANEOUS akhand Paaths under any circumstances...and NEVER NEVER NEVER PAY and ORDER ready made Akahand Paaths or sehaj paaths from SGPC/Hazoor Sahib/Patna sahib etc.... this is another Ghor Beadbi where the MONEY is PAID through Internet/Post and t

he ready made paath is dispatched like a Order in PIZZA..Home Delivery !!! Serously what Phall do you expect to get from such a home delivered paath ?? You have Never seen the Paathis, never seen / heard the paath ??? You Never participated in the arhambak ardass or bhog or final ardass ?? Who are you trying to Kidd here ?? IS Gurbani that cheap ?? grin.gif

Jarnail SinghWaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Its happened in New York as well, but the caste system was involved with it too sadly nonono.gif .

In 1998, an election forced out the "Lubana Party" from the Sikh Cultural Society Gurdwara Sahib New York (the one which sadly no.gif burnt down in 2001) and a new "Jatt Party" came in.

In the weeks coming the both parties had hired "goonday" to fight with each other and take off each others pugs infront of the entire sangat (there are actual videos of this in progress).

One which included the President of the old "regime" and someone knocking off his pug.

In the weeks following, the old regime bought an old factory and on Vasakhi 1999 (300 years) a new gurdwara was made. 5 blocks away from the old one.

So now the sangat in Richmond Hill is soo sick of being separated into these two Gurdwaray, that some people just spend sundays at home, forcing themselves not to attend and encourage this separation of the community.

Oh yeah, the new gurdwaras name is,

Baba Makkah Shah LUBANA, Sikh Society

nonono.gif

Having a non-Amritdhari Akhand Paathee is contrary to the Gurmat way. If someone wanted to be an Akhand Paathee in the old time Jatha, they had to take Amrit. This is apparent in Chapter 2 of Rangley Sajjan, when Col. Piara Singh wanted Mahant Sunder Singh to do an Akhand Paath, even though he was an excellent Akhand Paathee, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh did not let Mahant Sunder Singh read the Paath on account of he was not Amritdhari.

AmritSanchaars were always held after Akhand Paaths in the old Jatha. Each abhilaakee had to sit through the Akhand Paath first and then they would be jugjed by the Panj Piaare on their selection.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!