Nitnem & Namaaz

singhbj singh

Of course it has relevance to the topic, the subject of which should really be obvious. The link leads to a sentimental picture capturing an uncommon moment of interfaith harmony. All that bathroom business is a appendage to this.

This photo is only held to be so remarkable because it is the exception that proves the rule - that Sikh-Muslim relations are actually quite bad. If I were still a gambler I'd bet all the money in my wallet that the response of most Muslims to this picture would involve a lot of vomit.

The reality bears very little resemblance to the rose-tinted depiction some would dearly love to impose on the majority. Clinging to irrelevant commonalities stretching back thousands of years is not only disingenuous but also dangerous.

Two faiths fundamentally incongruous on the most basic levels of spirituality (yes, they ARE, if you look properly) and religious practice that, admittedly, have similarities in the semantism of linguistics is not a good enough reason to climb into bed together and pretend as if it's only those "terribly intolerant extremists" on both sides that are spreading discord and encouraging disharmony. Blind hate is unappealing and irreligious. But clinging to foolishness and gullibility in the face of unmistakable facts and reality is equally bad news.

I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that these Persian words scattered throughout the Punjabi vocabulary are the leftovers of successive Muslim campaigns of atrocity against the inhabitants of Northern India. And this blood-spattered legacy of interfaith conflict is here touted as a point in favor of interfaith harmony? It's nonsense.

No point trying to convince this forum's delusional faction of Islamic apologists of the truth behind Islam MisterrSingh. Try as you may, no amount of irrefutable evidence will ever be enough to make them leave their fantasy world where Islam is a religion of peace and all Muslims sh1t rainbows.

That is a valid point that is made. Since India has been invaded and conquered by various muslim hordes. These muslim hordes whether all came from areas where Persian was lingua franca.

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that these Persian words scattered throughout the Punjabi vocabulary are the leftovers of successive Muslim campaigns of atrocity against the inhabitants of Northern India. And this blood-spattered legacy of interfaith conflict is here touted as a point in favor of interfaith harmony? It's nonsense. No point trying to convince this forum's delusional faction of Islamic apologists of the truth behind Islam MisterrSingh. Try as you may, no amount of irrefutable evidence will ever be enough to make them leave their fantasy world where Islam is a religion of peace and all Muslims sh1t rainbows.

If that's true then Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji would make Gurmukhi the exact same as Shahmukhi, (but it's not). Punjab has been conquered by various groups; (starting with Alexander the Great), but only a few had any influence in the language.

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm not sure how you concluded that. Guru Angad Dev formulated the Gurmukhi script in order to make it clearer to Hindus and Muslims that the Sikh faith was niyaara.

Sikhi is unique! Which is why Punjabi had a totally new script.

I think it's better to compare the naamaz to nitnem and see if there is any similarities and what are the differences. Naamaz enforces the ideology of Mohammad. Gurbani doesn't support Mohammad's ideology. Would these two people sit together after the Sikh explains the nitnem line by line to the Muslim? In this case ignorance is bliss. Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji explained Gurbani to the Muslims and some choose to listen and follow and others left very angry toward the Guru. Interfaith dialogue is not known to western world. Being a Ram Rai or shying away from shabads that directly criticize islam/Mohammaf/muslims is not interfaith according to Guru Sahib's teachings.