Sign in to follow this  
kaurp

Depression

How to fight depression on your own.I mean if your near and dear ones are not ready to accept that you are psychologically ill.Any video links or self help books helpfull for this ailment.?

sorry I've deleted this, as I'm not sure if it's the right thing to advise.

Try to get professional help.

Why won't your loved ones accept it? What have you told them ?

I think it 's the mentality that people here have.People don't have the time to listen and help .Relations don't carry the same value.People instead of helping start ignoring you.I have asked my husband many times to sit and discuss ,something is wrong and it 's effecting me badly.Instead of helping me out he complains my parents that I am giving him unnecessary stress and he just don't want any stress.

Kaurp Pen jee,

It is better to be surrounded by positive people, which care for you at any cost.

Then it is also useful to be self confident and believe in oneself.

The world is negative by nature will try to put you down in one way or the other, but if you believe in yourself, then lesser the chances to be attaked and wounded. Sometimes, to defend oneself, though one is peace lover, give some punches(not necessarily physical punches) in return to the ill wishers, to show them, nobody can behave badly or come out with their nonsense and get away without getting something in return.

You see the world is like that, they do not like being decent or fair, they are just mad dogs, they just know how to bark ..... so just give them a good kick, to bring them back to senses.

i am not promoting violence, but just saying, enough, of putting the other cheek when getting slapped by the wicked for nothing, just because they think abusing others, is being like a fanatic stupid manipulator hero. So go for 2 eyes, for an eye .... or whatever you get hold first, break it on them, so they know and feel by themselves, their very own evilness.

You see, a thorn is removed by another thorn ...

So be strong and get justice to yourself, do not expect anything from others.

And then, never ever let frustrations enter yourself and get accumulated, because, once inside, they give birth to depression. Sometimes, due to circumstances, one can not do all this, in that case, do pranayam, and some yoga, to fill yourself with positive energy, and nullify and evil remanant within, thus regain confidence in oneself and start facing the world with redoubled strength.

And along with all this, pray Wahiguru to help and guide you with His Light, His wisdom ....

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 3

Penji Kaurp, I don't know if I will be of any help to you, but if you want to share any concerns or talk about anything, you are welcome to message me. I can listen to whatever is worrying you, sometimes it helps to write out our dukhs anonymously, which maybe less of a burden to keep stressing over it. Plus, I will not judge you on anything, I'm here if you need somebody to listen to you.

• Like 2

Guest XYZ

This is what I try to do if I feel so depressed even though I am on Medicine. I take off my glass put them aside and say to myself Goodbye depression. Depression hurts only those that have it know others with depression feel.

Guest Singh - Chardi Kala

Hi, I am no expert, but I believe things like diet / exercise and Gurbani can assist with negativity / stress / depression. As The Gurus advised eat little (meaning eat right), to eat 'good' food such as Hazel nuts, Almonds in the morning with fruit such as berries/banana/apples.

Changing diet may help immensely, in the modern world which promotes very sugary/chemical based food, unhealthy eating and living can increase negativity in the mind which can influence more depressive state of mind. To be fit (in mind and body) and read/hear Gurbani - Shabads (spiritually) can lead to a Chardi Kalaa way of life : )

• Like 2

This is what I try to do if I feel so depressed even though I am on Medicine. I take off my glass put them aside and say to myself Goodbye depression. Depression hurts only those that have it know others with depression feel.

Have you tried any other method apart from medicine?

Hi, I am no expert, but I believe things like diet / exercise and Gurbani can assist with negativity / stress / depression. As The Gurus advised eat little (meaning eat right), to eat 'good' food such as Hazel nuts, Almonds in the morning with fruit such as berries/banana/apples.

Changing diet may help immensely, in the modern world which promotes very sugary/chemical based food, unhealthy eating and living can increase negativity in the mind which can influence more depressive state of mind. To be fit (in mind and body) and read/hear Gurbani - Shabads (spiritually) can lead to a Chardi Kalaa way of life : )

✔️ Like
  • Like 1

Guest AssatasApprentis

Depression is a very real illness that has everything to do with chemicals in the brain. That is how depression differs from general sadness.

Sadness can be treated with many of the things listed above. These same things often have very little to no effect on depression. It's like trying to treat cancer with a good diet. Sure it'll help, but it won't solve the problem.

I have some experience with this as I was in treatment for about 4 months and on medication a little while after that before getting it under control enough to do without. :0)

I'm not a professional, which is who I'd recommend getting advice from. I can certainly point you in the right direction and offer any other resources and support I have to give. These days resources and therapy (even if it's just chatting with a medicL professional) can even be initiated online and via apps, which often helps with the stigma surrounding mental health.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like. AssatasApprentis[at]gmail

:0)