Changing Destiny Through Paath

Guest Low

Can sangat pleaae post stories of changing ones fortune or destiny through paath. Like achieving what you need through paath. I need inspiration.

Can be sakhis or personal stories.

I'm sure many would benefit.

Thank you

Can sangat pleaae post stories of changing ones fortune or destiny through paath. Like achieving what you need through paath. I need inspiration.

Thank you

One does not achieve what they need through paat themselves, it is Waheguru that graces it. One only needs love for Waheguru, fortune and destiny changes in Guru jis Charn, with their Mehr (grace).

I normally listen to uplifting shabads for inspiration.

Bhai Rama singh Ji is the book you need to read. it has got numerous real life experiences which will leave you with no doubt - that path works and what happens without path. All doubts get solved. Here is the pdf.

http://www.gurukhoj.com/eBooks/Autobiography-Bhai-Rama-Singh-Ji.pdf

The sole purpose of this book has been to motivate youngsters.

There is a further highly informative thread on here to read.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/51057-book-roop-gobind-ka-raj-khalsa-ka-sika-sonne-ka/

Low Jee,

maybe worshipping other divinities(devis, devtas), gods, godesses,by chanting their mantras, one may get boons from them, then also, to enjoy them for a limited time being.

But then, what does one benefit from it, on a long run? The thing is, one is still chained in the mayavee creation.

In Gurmat, we do not do His bhakti, to change our destinies, rather we do His bhakti, to stay in tune within His Hukum or Mauj at all times.

You see, all desires, trishnas and expectations are born in the mind, just as sand arises from the ground during a strong wind blowing...but that is all dust.

Why do we call, all these desires and other waves arisen in the mind as good as dirt? Because thay are a manifestation of maya, which only bind us strongly in the creation, and these bonds mean pain, mean sorrow, mean confusion....

The thing is, only when we do His bhakti, all dust, all dirt, created and formed in the mind is sweeped away.

That is why the Bani says: Prabh ka simran, man kee mael jaae.

In a way, doing His bhakti alone, changes the course of our destinies; in the sense, that we are all condemed here already, do we may, whatever we may, then too we are very much in the cycle of births and deaths.

This is the reality.

So then how to change this our destiny of being enchained here in the mayavee creation up to Trikuti or Causal plane?

Well again, the Bani can not be more clear.

It says: Prabh ka Simran, garb na baseh. Only by His Simran, one shall not come into a mother´s womb again.

So you see, it by His Grace, that we shall be able to change the course of our destiny here, which then comes to an end, not otherwise.

People under misconception and weakness, try to find similarities of Sikhee with other dharmas or religions.

But the fact is, Gurmat is unique, and the only purpose of our Guru Sahibans, Bhagat Jan in the Bani, was to make us consciouss of our true spiritual nature, and our reunification with Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If we see or expect anything else apart from this, it is manmat added by the blind moorakhs.

Gurmat is a simple and direct path to Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 5 years later...
On 6/10/2016 at 6:36 AM, Guest Low said:

Thank you

My personal story:

I was attacked by dark spirits at night all of my life, I used to picture Guru Nanak in white light and it was the only thing that helped me not to be afraid. I had some visions here and there. Growing up, I tried to stay away from people in maya, bad kids, mean girls, smokers, drug users etc. My family was a mess, with domestic abuse the norm.

Finally one day in my pain, I met a kindred spirit, a soul who understood who I was, the pain I had been through and believed in God like I did. It ignited my belief that there was a God and there were people out there who believed in him and loved him/ the Gurus as I did. 

But I fell into maya, out of contact with the spiritual friend and ensuing years were bad, my friends all left and my studies failed. Then left it and started waking up early and doing naam, japji and jap sahib every morning for a week. Which is when my third eye opened and the visions really began. Blue lights, vivid dreams about Guru Nanak, saints etc. I started seeing ghosts and spirits etc during the day walking around.

Then met the spiritual friend again and moved back onto the path, and I had crazy darshans etc, stronger than ever before for a few years. Then fell off the bandwagon again, but sometimes when I messed up, I tried to get back on the path again. I lived overseas, again rose and fell and learned the gyan of Strength, the ability to push through any situation, that there is a solution to every obstacle we're placed in etc.

Fast forward, I started to finally complete my studies after almost a decade, still rose and fell but finally decided id had enough of maya. I had darshans of the Gurus sometimes almost daily giving me guidance and more. My belief in Waheguru now can never be swayed and I'm blessed to walk the bhagti path. I'm not perfect and still have days where maya tries to fool me, but I try and accept that Waheguru is All and noone can touch the shadow of His servants. I try and accept that I'm very blessed and lucky to have the best Friend and Family possible (True family of the Gurus and Waheguru) to be grateful for it.

11 hours ago, Guest Story said:

My personal story:

I was attacked by dark spirits at night all of my life, I used to picture Guru Nanak in white light and it was the only thing that helped me not to be afraid. I had some visions here and there. Growing up, I tried to stay away from people in maya, bad kids, mean girls, smokers, drug users etc. My family was a mess, with domestic abuse the norm.

Finally one day in my pain, I met a kindred spirit, a soul who understood who I was, the pain I had been through and believed in God like I did. It ignited my belief that there was a God and there were people out there who believed in him and loved him/ the Gurus as I did. 

But I fell into maya, out of contact with the spiritual friend and ensuing years were bad, my friends all left and my studies failed. Then left it and started waking up early and doing naam, japji and jap sahib every morning for a week. Which is when my third eye opened and the visions really began. Blue lights, vivid dreams about Guru Nanak, saints etc. I started seeing ghosts and spirits etc during the day walking around.

Then met the spiritual friend again and moved back onto the path, and I had crazy darshans etc, stronger than ever before for a few years. Then fell off the bandwagon again, but sometimes when I messed up, I tried to get back on the path again. I lived overseas, again rose and fell and learned the gyan of Strength, the ability to push through any situation, that there is a solution to every obstacle we're placed in etc.

Fast forward, I started to finally complete my studies after almost a decade, still rose and fell but finally decided id had enough of maya. I had darshans of the Gurus sometimes almost daily giving me guidance and more. My belief in Waheguru now can never be swayed and I'm blessed to walk the bhagti path. I'm not perfect and still have days where maya tries to fool me, but I try and accept that Waheguru is All and noone can touch the shadow of His servants. I try and accept that I'm very blessed and lucky to have the best Friend and Family possible (True family of the Gurus and Waheguru) to be grateful for it.

Awesome Hanji. Make an account and stay a while. It's free and then your posts come immediately. Welcome.