We Are Not Muslims, Pakistanis, Europeans Or Asians

Guest Jacfsing2

I love Great Britain.

No need to be a blind patriot. I don't know whether Brexit is a good thing or a bad thing for Sikhs in Britain, (I'm not British), but you got to realize that the Atheists living in Britain probably don't care about Sikhs, (I would call them Christians, but I noticed most British folks aren't religious and God-loving and God-fearing).

u could be right to a extent but some us of won't let our UK community dragged In to troubles which are nothing to do with us.

I hear that. But you are assuming we would be able to control events - which we might not be able to do.

No need to be a blind patriot. I don't know whether Brexit is a good thing or a bad thing for Sikhs in Britain, (I'm not British), but you got to realize that the Atheists living in Britain probably don't care about Sikhs, (I would call them Christians, but I noticed most British folks aren't religious and God-loving and God-fearing).

Brits in general are very anti-religious. I heard a lot of the religious ones left here centuries ago and ended up where you are. That would explain the difference between US whites and UK whites.

Guest Jacfsing2

Brits in general are very anti-religious. I heard a lot of the religious ones left here centuries ago and ended up where you are. That would explain the difference between US whites and UK whites.

I guess both of the societies have their own benefits. I don't know whether your politicians pretend to be religious to win votes. I personally think if a society has morals in people, the people would make better decisions. (If you say your an Atheist in America, then you get some negative views towards you, more than if you said you were a Muslim).

I hear that. But you are assuming we would be able to control events - which we might not be able to do.

The only ppl who go to church in england, are the recent arrival africans frm ghana/nigerian, possibly the polish and the indian/pak christians. Even the jamaicans/west indians who came here in 50/60s, cannot b bothered at church. Irish catholics r 50/50 religious, n then u have the indiginous goreh saxons, who couldnt give a damn about their dharam whatsoever. Its got to the point, where, if i meet a gorah n he identifies him/herself as a chtistian im shocked.

Wats it like in ur ends dally? The same?

Great Britain is the island name ...

looks like scotland is going its own way so maybe we will be like cyprus if they get independence now

any scottish sikhs able to fill us in on what Nicola's plans are and what the local sangat feel?

Have a Scottish friend, he's really annoyed by it all honestly. Nicola's Support has skyrocketed and the chances of independence has doubled. From the people he knew who voted didn't even bother listening to both sides, in terms of leave they left due to their hatred of immigrants.

Nicola's pretty much the only Political party leader with her act together currently, In all honesty things will play out win-win for scotland, either they leave the union and join the EU or join the EU while in the union. England just looks like its a mess at the moment.

I guess both of the societies have their own benefits. I don't know whether your politicians pretend to be religious to win votes. I personally think if a society has morals in people, the people would make better decisions. (If you say your an Atheist in America, then you get some negative views towards you, more than if you said you were a Muslim).

Nah, come election time in the UK, religious credentials are barely mentioned aside from the vague sentiment from a prospective Prime Minister about his Christian values in order to placate the old Church-going biddies down South in the leafy suburbs. Your American politicians really go hell for leather with all that apocalyptic, second-coming stuff.

The only ppl who go to church in england, are the recent arrival africans frm ghana/nigerian, possibly the polish and the indian/pak christians. Even the jamaicans/west indians who came here in 50/60s, cannot b bothered at church. Irish catholics r 50/50 religious, n then u have the indiginous goreh saxons, who couldnt give a damn about their dharam whatsoever. Its got to the point, where, if i meet a gorah n he identifies him/herself as a chtistian im shocked.

Wats it like in ur ends dally? The same?

Yeah. Africans packed out the previously empty churches and are opening new ones. They look really colorful when they meet up in their African garms. Haven't seen any Polish or 'Asian' Christians ones, although an African friend of mine who went to a local church told me the pastor was a ex-Sikh female convert. Irish Catholics don't seem religious but they are very conscious of being RC. I think it might be some political thing we don't understand?? I think the pub is the real church for them (not saying that disrespectfully, but they seem to base their social and work life around it).

I think Anglos, deep inside, think that religion is a load of old bollox, and at best quietly tolerate it, probably slagging it off in between themselves. When it comes to Sikhi, I don't think the religion appeals to them at all but rather the mellow and lax nature of our people. I must of heard this one a hundred times over the years:

"Yeah, Sikhs are alwite they are. They come out an 'ave a beer wiv you and everyfing!"

Where are you?

I don't know whether your politicians pretend to be religious to win votes.

If they did, they'd lose. There is an antipathy towards religion here.

Nah, come election time in the UK, religious credentials are barely mentioned aside from the vague sentiment from a prospective Prime Minister about his Christian values in order to placate the old Church-going biddies down South in the leafy suburbs. Your American politicians really go hell for leather with all that apocalyptic, second-coming stuff.

Look at how they made Milliband (who is of Jewish descent) eat a bacon sandwich (which he did terribly....)

Look at how they made Milliband (who is of Jewish descent) eat a bacon sandwich (which he did terribly....)

Lol, that was probably a huge contributor to him not being taken seriously as a potential PM. He could've said no (the Kosher thing), but that just shows you how far politicians will go to get elected. Can you imagine - God forbid - a potential Muslim PM candidate getting co-erced into munching on a bacon sarnie? He'd tell them to eff off.

Guest Jacfsing2

I know American politicians try very hard to be religious, just look at the Republican Party or the Democratic Party, (to a lesser extent), and you'll just see the need to win religious people. I personally blame Jimmy Carter, (who claims to be the most religious president), he even made a charity and a few Churches and taught Sunday schools to possibly assist his party's chance to win elections.

I know American politicians try very hard to be religious, just look at the Republican Party or the Democratic Party, (to a lesser extent), and you'll just see the need to win religious people. I personally blame Jimmy Carter, (who claims to be the most religious president), he even made a charity and a few Churches and taught Sunday schools to possibly assist his party's chance to win elections.

I was watching a documentary on TV a few years ago about the close ties between Israel and the U.S. (so it wasn't a nutty YouTube video), and it was quite disturbing to see how many American senators believe in the old Biblical prophecies about Israel ushering in the End Days, the destruction of the Middle East, etc. I don't doubt most of the support for Israel from Capitol Hill stems from a cynically strategic and geo-political angle, but underneath the surface a sizeable number of your lawmakers are really joshing for it all to kick off. That's disturbing.