Shaheedi Degh Is The Best Medicine In The World!

they may even try and beat you up with their spinning in the air coordinated bhangra stick dance aka gatka

Saying gatka is false is utterly stupid. I know Singhs here in Central California who do martial arts and do gatka with fari soti and could kick any of nidar nang's student's butts in a physical brawl or fight with weapons. They're all out of shape, fat or skinny and 90% of his bs is plagiarized from a south Indian kathak dance and stolen from various MMA fighting. Funny thing is MMA isn't even a war art - it's a fighting art that is in a controlled non-lethal atmosphere.

They're all pretty cool headed, but if you're going to say they're hot headed and just "spin their sticks" with blunt kirpanan I have to say you're further from the truth lol.

There is an extreme in gatka where people spin around too much and it becomes impractical, but the basics of gatka were used by Sikhs of old times to prepare for battle. In previous threads I've exposed how Nidar claimed to be only sole student of the old Nihang Singh (I forgot name, but could find it if anyone wants it), but it turned out he had many MANY students and he never differentiated shastar vidiya from gatka. Instead of discounting gatka, you have to look at why there is a shift for people showing it like some sort of play.

Now, like in previous threads, I know you're going to say you don't support niddar nang nor did you mention him, but given what you said you're implying that his art is somehow the true art. There is no true art - what's true is who walks onto the battlefield and comes out alive. No difference between niddar nang and other kung fu "masters" who promote their art

Saying gatka is false is utterly stupid. I know Singhs here in Central California who do martial arts and do gatka with fari soti and could kick any of nidar nang's student's butts in a physical brawl or fight with weapons. They're all out of shape, fat or skinny and 90% of his bs is plagiarized from a south Indian kathak dance and stolen from various MMA fighting. Funny thing is MMA isn't even a war art - it's a fighting art that is in a controlled non-lethal atmosphere.

They're all pretty cool headed, but if you're going to say they're hot headed and just "spin their sticks" with blunt kirpanan I have to say you're further from the truth lol.

There is an extreme in gatka where people spin around too much and it becomes impractical, but the basics of gatka were used by Sikhs of old times to prepare for battle. In previous threads I've exposed how Nidar claimed to be only sole student of the old Nihang Singh (I forgot name, but could find it if anyone wants it), but it turned out he had many MANY students and he never differentiated shastar vidiya from gatka. Instead of discounting gatka, you have to look at why there is a shift for people showing it like some sort of play.

Now, like in previous threads, I know you're going to say you don't support niddar nang nor did you mention him, but given what you said you're implying that his art is somehow the true art. There is no true art - what's true is who walks onto the battlefield and comes out alive. No difference between niddar nang and other kung fu "masters" who promote their art

It seems you have a fascination with Nidar, since you keep mentioning him. From the clown gatka demos I have seen with silly stunts on tv performance shows like bir Khalsa or whatever they were called and all the gatka demos I've ever seen on not convinced at all, there just ritualistic co ordinate bhangra dancers.

Hence my view is that learning it is a waste of time . Your better if learning silat, Kali, eskrima which all cover edged bladed weapons in a much more effective manner.

What's the unarmed system in gatka called ? What do they do if they get disarmed ,?? Exactly they have no unarmed system of combat therefore it's an incomplete art cannot be used on the battlefield..

That's nice. But simply by writing funny ridiculing comments will not aid in the justification of manmat which began post Guru period by Amlis. Your point about Anglo Sikh war period also does not hold ground. Not everything during M Ranjit Singh period was justified according to Gurmat. Sikhs by then had began drinking alcohol heavily as we read in the contemporary accounts besides watching mujra of Kanjris. So it is not surprising that manmat like Bhang consumption was also very popular at that time period. And what does Gatka i.e. martial arts of the Indian Nihangs have anything to do with this discussion?

Many people don't know the true reason why Maharaja Ranjit Singh died, but there are many strong hypotheses that are very sad to think about. There was ghor kalyug in the Sikh empire and the Akalis couldn't do enough to stop many of the things going on in the Raaj.

British and Hindu dogras had a massive part in the systematic destruction of our Raaj.

It seems you have a fascination with Nidar, since you keep mentioning him. From the clown gatka demos I have seen with silly stunts on tv performance shows like bir Khalsa or whatever they were called and all the gatka demos I've ever seen on not convinced at all, there just ritualistic co ordinate bhangra dancers.

Hence my view is that learning it is a waste of time . Your better if learning silat, Kali, eskrima which all cover edged bladed weapons in a much more effective manner.

What's the unarmed system in gatka called ? What do they do if they get disarmed ,?? Exactly they have no unarmed system of combat therefore it's an incomplete art cannot be used on the battlefield..

Kali and eskrima are great for blades, but they aren't the end all is all. I have a ginunting and fox knives karambit and know the utter basics and at the GW we had two guys called who are very well versed in knife/eskrima fighting years ago. The way you're painting all gatka practitioners is highly unfair - mainly because it has now become a show art. Why do you discount that the old school Nihang Singhs practiced gatka/shastar vidiya?:

bhai_sher_singh_nihung.jpg

Akali Gian Singh above pictured taught to a student who is still alive today as well Baba Pritam Singh. Just because it's constantly being watered down doesn't mean gatka/shastar vidiya is automatically associated with a bunch of spinny loonies without basic reasoning skills. Nidar claims to have been the sole student of Akali Baba Gian Singh, but after looking into the story it turned out to be a complete lie and there are many authentic shastar vidiya/gatka teachers. Even then a true practitioner of war and fighting arts never becomes bogged down by not accepting stuff like bjj, boxing, proper gun technique and more..

As for your question related to what to do when you don't have access to weapons - you do whatever you can to stay alive because you will be infinitely at a disadvantage if someone has a weapon. That means putting distance between yourself and the assailant and appropriately moving as he attacks and looking for an opening to disarm or control his attacking arm. If both are unarmed then you don't rule out attacks to the nuts or your palm to the person's nose and then you wrestle or if you have practiced BJJ then you do what ever you can...

I know many people are narrow minded who practice Gatka, but that doesn't mean everyone is. Nidar's selling point is to convince the masses that gatka practitioners are a bunch of unreasonable nutters.

The reason I keep mentioning him is because he's the opposite extreme to those who are complacent in spinning a stick in gatka even though I acknowledge you have no association with him.

Interesting that now since Niddar has been exposed as an rss affiliate you no longer are trying to promote his self invented SV. But still stubbornly bad mouth Gatka not realising Gatka is a broad term with many shades. Gatka can be hardcore like what the authentic Nihangs in Buddha Dal in India practice who can without a doubt decapitate any of their western Gatka critics while this broad term is also sadly used by show men types like Bir Khalsa.

As for the unarmed martial arts. Khalsa of old were never Shastar-heen. Shastars were always adorned by the Khalsa. But if by chance a Singh was unarmed that is why Guru Sahib wanted his Sikhs to learn a grappling martial art like Indian kushti. And to learn this amazing grappling art puratan Singhs did the exercises of Pehlvaans which made a single Singh so physically strong that he could take on multiple opponents. Baba Deep Singh jee was also a wrestler which is why he was so physically strong. I can imagine him practicing and swinging around on his heavy wooden moonglis which would explain how a man in his 80s was able to swing his heavy khanda and kill a whole lot of Pathans. Sorry, none of those kung fu moves of Niddar worked back then.

Interesting that now since Niddar has been exposed as an rss affiliate you no longer are trying to promote his self invented SV. But still stubbornly bad mouth Gatka not realising Gatka is a broad term with many shades. Gatka can be hardcore like what the authentic Nihangs in Buddha Dal in India practice who can without a doubt decapitate any of their western Gatka critics while this broad term is also sadly used by show men types like Bir Khalsa.

As for the unarmed martial arts. Khalsa of old were never Shastar-heen. Shastars were always adorned by the Khalsa. But if by chance a Singh was unarmed that is why Guru Sahib wanted his Sikhs to learn a grappling martial art like Indian kushti. And to learn this amazing grappling art puratan Singhs did the exercises of Pehlvaans which made a single Singh so physically strong that he could take on multiple opponents. Baba Deep Singh jee was also a wrestler which is why he was so physically strong. I can imagine him practicing and swinging around on his heavy wooden moonglis which would explain how a man in his 80s was able to swing his heavy khanda and kill a whole lot of Pathans. Sorry, none of those kung fu moves of Niddar worked back then.

If you look at documentary about Pehalwans they had huge salotars that they used to swing around because it would increase their core strength and in effect also increase joint strength which is very important in grappling and in our case it would be to hold a massive Khanda.

If you look at documentary about Pehalwans they had huge salotars that they used to swing around because it would increase their core strength and in effect also increase joint strength which is very important in grappling and in our case it would be to hold a massive Khanda.

Exactly, those heavy salotars are called moonglis in Punjabi. This along with the gurj/gada was used by warriors across India and Iran to make their arms and shoulders powerful while also strengthenING the core. My grand father who was a wrestler also used to practice on moonglis. Sadly the wrestlers in Punjab no longer use these but the wrestlers in Haryana and UP still do. Old is gold. Old exercises like traditional Dands Baithaks, swinging of moonglis and gurj is what we need today. These exercises were the reason why our ancestors were strong. We should revive these exercises.

I hope not. If one has to utilise stimulants to connect with God, there's no hope for the rest of us. I can appreciate its medicinal advantages, but the spiritual aspect of it seems like a stretch.

Its not about stimulation. After having shaheedi degh, our mind gets a bit cool and one feels like sitting alone(instead of talking or interacting with people).This feeling of coolness in the head and sitting alone helps in japping Naam.

Shaheedi Degh prepared with 5 patte has just the right amount of cannabis to aid in simran without having any nasha or intoxication.

Guest Jacfsing2

Its not about stimulation. After having shaheedi degh, our mind gets a bit cool and one feels like sitting alone(instead of talking or interacting with people).This feeling of coolness in the head and sitting alone helps in japping Naam.

Shaheedi Degh prepared with 5 patte has just the right amount of cannabis to aid in simran without having any nasha or intoxication.

Do you have any personal experience with taking Shaheedi Degh?

Do you have any personal experience with taking Shaheedi Degh?

I had Shaheedi Degh 2 times.

Second time it was made with lots of cannabis leaves and I had a bad experience.

First time, it was made by a rehitvaan zabardast Nihang Singh with right amount of leaves and it was one of the best experience. For the next 2-3 days, I did almost non stop simran.

There is no doubt in my mind that Shaheedi Degh was started by Guru Sahibaan.