Jump to content
singhbj singh

How many parents ask their daughters who earn money to contribute to house expenses ?

Recommended Posts

Personally as a young woman i always contribute to the household. It is a core value for me to contribute to the place youre living in... i dont think there is anything wrong with it my parents provided for me with much care and love so the fact that i pay towards the house is the least i could do for being born! :-)

 

Wjkk wjkf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ 

One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥ 

- O Nanak, he knows the Path. ||1||

 

Read Full Shabad at

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=4480&q=GKkh&type=0&source=all

 

 

Thumbs up Wingz ji

image.jpeg

Edited by singhbj singh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ 

One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥ 

- O Nanak, he knows the Path. ||1||

 

Read Full Shabad at

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=4480&q=GKkh&type=0&source=all

 

 

Thumbs up Wingz ji

image.jpeg

Thanks Bro! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest loonharami

"45. Putaree da dhan bikh jananaa "

Guru Gobind Singh Ji 52 hukumnama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2016 at 10:25 AM, singhbj singh said:

Bhein ji life is all about choices !

Bibi can either be homely or career oriented.

Problem starts when you mix both lifestyles.

Alpha females usually end up with sissy husbands or toy boys.

They are also called home breakers by in-law's coz they are not wired to live in joint families.

I don't think this is fair.. The response seems to suggest some women in healthy marital relationships are incapable of also being successful in their respective jobs.. When I think of women of my mothers generation they often went to work, looked after the kids and cooking and cleaning etc. These days women are just more educated and don't hold down as menial jobs. Plus men are much more involved and supportive of their wives.. Couples are also very pragmatic if a woman happens to have the bigger earnings potential and ability why shouldn't she have equal rights to her husband to pursue 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest loonharami said:

"45. Putaree da dhan bikh jananaa "

Guru Gobind Singh Ji 52 hukumnama

If that was implemented then girl's would be married off at 16 or 18, legal marrying age !

Can you post present day examples of the above from your jatha & biradri so that Sangat actually gets inspired.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I don't think this is fair.. The response seems to suggest some women in healthy marital relationships are incapable of also being successful in their respective jobs.. When I think of women of my mothers generation they often went to work, looked after the kids and cooking and cleaning etc. These days women are just more educated and don't hold down as menial jobs. Plus men are much more involved and supportive of their wives.. Couples are also very pragmatic if a woman happens to have the bigger earnings potential and ability why shouldn't she have equal rights to her husband to pursue 

 

Fair or foul is a matter of perception.

Whatever Almighty wishes that occurs.

Life is how you take it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

If that was implemented then girl's would be married off at 16 or 18, legal marrying age !

Can you post present day examples of the above from your jatha & biradri so that Sangat actually gets inspired.

 

 

Also the girls (and boys) would have less ex partners before marriage, yeuch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Your right about the 2 lines i don't agree with skipping the 2 lines from Chaupai Sahib too.  Even though i follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada and respect it i choose to do all of Kabyo Baach Benti. Thats my choice Sikh Rehat Maryada is the minimum required. If you wanna do more Bani thats Great. Chardi kala. Thats your choice.  If you want to avoid halal. Your choice  If you want to avoid meat altogether. Thats fine too  Lets not attach dietary guidelines with sikhism.  Even Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj says in a very long pankti that Fools argue over this. Saag has life too. So does the micro organisms we breath. But we don't cover our mouths like jains. And we are not hindus who avoid eggs. Even though unfertilized eggs are vegetarian. Thats a different topic.  This is Not SGPC maryada This is Akal Takht maryada Watch this link Bhai Jagraj Singh  Lets not divide the panth with different maraydas. Your dietary options will not bring you closer to Waheguru. Jap Naam.   
    • Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru.  You been debating a Rhadasoami, however that's spelled, or something?
    • people will ask kurdiwale koi hor  munda nahin labba eh lafunga kiton mileya si ? plus if  there are younger sisters in the house it could create wrong impression in people's mind about how much bad behaviour they as a family will put up with from mundevale just to get their daughters married i.e. put them on the back foot. This is the first time this 'son' is visiting his new parents didn't Guru ji say to respect them as much as possible in fact more than one's own since they are giving you their most treasured child? There is formality of manners which is actually showing compassion and consideration to others' feelings, we are not meant to spoil another's chances or life through our words and actions that is antigurmat. the guy/girl who tries show up their inlaws is NOT following sikhiya of Guru ji but doing their own manmat to feed their egoes. What is wrong with him standing and negotiating or do as my kid bro did and say 'hold on Mum Dad; I'm coming , look Guys her folks are calling me '... and just shove the few notes he had in his pocket into their hands ...and go in the front door? would you honestly have been happy if that had happened to your sis , Mum and Dad? If the guy can't show respect to his bride's mother and father in front of their whole family when is he ever going to?
    • Paranoia could be sign of mental illness so do see a therapist, doctor or counselor Keep doing paath as well
    • i think its hilarious    everyone was laughing at it at work she's dressed like a slag   if a woman in my family dressed like that    god help her ....  
×

Important Information

Terms of Use