Grooming at universitys

Big_Tera

29 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Our newer generations have succumbed to the "All paths lead to the One / GGS Ji featured Bani of Hindu and Muslim (for argument's sake) bhagats / A Muslim laid the foundation stone of Harmandir Sahib.. etc" faction of certain types of Sikhs who are trying their utmost to turn the Sikh faith, particularly in the West, into some sort of flimsy, rule-less, Southeast Asian spiritual, pick n' choose past-time, as opposed to a religion with certain requirements for its followers.

The above three examples I've given are all true without a doubt, but they're being taken and emphasised to extremes at the expense of other equally valid  Sikh facts, because those aforementioned three aspects of Sikhi promote a free, less rigid way of following Sikhi, which is apparently ideal for our shallow and increasingly irreligious people.

Why would any sane person even mention such a thing? Are you having a dig for some unfathomable reason?

Do you really think most of these girls have this reason behind their actions? I always thought any girls (or guys) that date around like this just aren't sensible. 

Guest Jacfsing2
19 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Why would any sane person even mention such a thing? Are you having a dig for some unfathomable reason?

Many people don't believe that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Vaheguru, and even if you don't believe in that may you still get many blessings on this great day. (Do you even know some of the things people have complained about for Daas's topic on a personal Gurmat blog?) We got people preaching on big stages that all religions are equal, and that Vaheguru isn't Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Spread the love! (Not one of the hippie zealots type of love, but rather Gurmat Prem). Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru.

9 hours ago, Berserk said:

Do you really think most of these girls have this reason behind their actions? I always thought any girls (or guys) that date around like this just aren't sensible. 

These beliefs and attitudes feed into the kind of behaviour we're seeing on some level at least. Whilst it isn't something that's at the forefront of most people's minds when making decisions, it does affect so many Sikh minds when they're led to believe that anything goes. I agree, a rotten apple is going to show its true colours no matter what, but for those on the fence, hearing such things is the difference between doing the right thing, according to Sikhi, and doing what this incredibly liberalised, selective interpretation is espousing.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:59 PM, Big_Tera said:

Which universitys does grooming happen the most?  I think we should target these places with leaflets about the problem. 

If you are planning to give out leaflets or other help, Sikh helpline should have a better answer. People who work directly with the victims would be another good source. The general public would just hear cases depending on their social group. We will not hear about all the cases. I suppose statistics change as well according to areas which have been targeted. 

The main problem is our girls are ignorant. They are ignorant of their own religion and also about the tactics which are employed by muslims to ruin their lives. By the time they get caught in the net, it is a bit too late to do anything. 

Educating our children before they go into the universities - or rather secondary school kids - should be made aware of the dangers they can face and the help available if they feel any approaching threats. Overall parents should be educated too and encouraged to share the basics of their own religion with their children from a younger age. Open communication should be encouraged. Sikh history will make them aware of our religious struggles in the past and they way we have been oppressed. This way they will learn about the oppressors and how and why are still doing it to-date.  

• 2 weeks later...