Guest Jagsaw_Singh

The Christian menace to Sikhi in Canada

20 hours ago, Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Yeah it's that Harpreet Singh Deol fella who had his posters all over Jalandhar district. The really scary thing is how so many of the new Christian converts in Punjab still have their kes, pagh and dhari.  My guess is that the missionaries are using the Nazerite gospels as a way of tricking Sikhs into believing the keeping of hair is part of the Christian tradition too. Very scary stuff. 

Yh   they still keep kes and pagh     I think its tactical!  They tell them u can keep kes and pagh and still become Christian.    The Christian's in my dads pind have sikh names and their family name is sahota and they go to the pind gurdwara. 

22 hours ago, Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

You're talking about Toronto. The UK Sikhs have blood relations with their fellow Doabis in BC who are now in their 4th and 5th generation.  In the 1950's and 60;s one sibling would immigrate to Vancouver and the other to London or Birmingham. They are family. The Somalian / Jamaican realities of Toronto and the life of the new 1st generation sikh community there, mainly from Malwa, have nothing to do with the 3rd and 4th generation UK Sikh's experience with their 4th and 5th generation family members in BC, 

True.  The Vancouver/Surrey area is completely different.

On 1/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, Harditsingh said:

Where I live in Canada punjabis r just street dealers and are considered bottom of the criminal hierarchy the blacks and somalis moved in and are quickly taking over the blacks and Africans have much less to lose.

I think u guys r over exaggerating the wrong in the community here we are now into the second generation and we have already started using English at gurdwaras so the young ones can understand better the drug dealing gang problem is way over exaggerated by elders in the community sure it used to bad in the 90s but now it's only a handful of individuals other groups have immigrated and are taking their place now some apney however try to reinforce that label to look hard sikhs r considered a prosperous and hard-working community here with a backbone who won't let others walk all over us

That probably applies to Alberta or Ontario, but BC is completely different. The way apnay are, varies depending on generations. The  older generations faced a lot of ish with ku klux klan which many people aren't aware of.

We have to counter these missionaries activities with retaliation. We should shoo them away because if we don't Sikhi will dwindle in numbers.

5 hours ago, KSVIRK said:

We have to counter these missionaries activities with retaliation. We should shoo them away because if we don't Sikhi will dwindle in numbers.

The best counter is to have strong, heart felt parchaar and a loving, caring brother/sisterhood amongst us. It was a lack of this that lent itself to conversions (mainly by kurian and to another religion) in the past in the UK I believe.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, Harditsingh said:

I think u guys r over exaggerating the wrong in the community here we are now into the second generation

Okay, so we are acutely aware of the wrongs now. What do you feel are the rights, or what the Canadian brothers and sisters have done very well there? 

Plus I'm pretty sure it's well over 2 generations out there. 

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yh  the royal women are ugly    kate middleton looks like a shrivelled up old lady. 

That's a bit strong! 

But, we all know how female attractiveness plays a big part in society (especially western ones), I really do wonder how having a beautiful, obviously independent minded, self-made, mixed-race women suddenly thrown in the mix must rattle the conservatives in the upper echelons of English society including the royal family itself?

And I'm REALLY shocked at the over reaction to the matter of Meghan and Harry wanting to do their own thing outside of the (I imagine) very stuffy and restrictive confines of the aristocracy? When I'd heard Harry was into Buddhism and meditation I thought he might do this one day. You know, say sod it to all the drama and try and strike out on his own.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's 1st and 2nd generation for the Toronto Sikhs. It's 4th and 5th generation for the Vancouver - Abbotsford BC west coast Sikhs. There is no "out there". They're totally different cities in totally different provinces in totally different time-zones with totally different people with different histories in places with totally different vibes. There is no generic "out there"

In america and UK People are trying to convert Sikhs. However few people do Sikhi parchar in the USA. Even in Punjab Mazhabi Sikhs are getting converted because they are treated like scat. No kidding we must do loving parchar but if these Christians are taking the Sangat away,we have to take action. Because actions speak louder than Words.

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's a bit strong! 

But, we all know how female attractiveness plays a big part in society (especially western ones), I really do wonder how having a beautiful, obviously independent minded, self-made, mixed-race women suddenly thrown in the mix must rattle the conservatives in the upper echelons of English society including the royal family itself?

And I'm REALLY shocked at the over reaction to the matter of Meghan and Harry wanting to do their own thing outside of the (I imagine) very stuffy and restrictive confines of the aristocracy? When I'd heard Harry was into Buddhism and meditation I thought he might do this one day. You know, say sod it to all the drama and try and strike out on his own.

I don't find white women that attractive I find that most western women to be shallow I am more attarcted to women who help there mom's and like to cook and want a provider rather then girls who r all materialistic. Ethnicity wise I'd have to say the most beautiful women I've known have Been middle eastern Ethiopian and Punjabi I've just never been attracted to white women

9 hours ago, luckysingh99 said:

That probably applies to Alberta or Ontario, but BC is completely different. The way apnay are, varies depending on generations. The  older generations faced a lot of ish with ku klux klan which many people aren't aware of.

Yes BC is very different from the rest of Canada there are so many punjabis everywhere it's like the other cities but instead of Muslims/blacks everywhere it's our ppl. But the thing is unlike the other cities the apneh don't live in rough areas but instead million dollar neighborhoods and they still resort to crime. I don't know much about Alberta but I've heard there's decent sikh population but the praries are dominated by Muslims mostly and Chinese . In Ontario it's the second largest sikh population 

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Okay, so we are acutely aware of the wrongs now. What do you feel are the rights, or what the Canadian brothers and sisters have done very well there? 

The sikh community as a whole has been here for many generations but the population hasn't really been significant enough untill I'd say the mid 2000s when the children of punjabis who came in the 90s started coming of age. We are the most significant generation population wise as the ones before us didn't really have much of a community and easily became gorafied or white washed. Sikhs r active in politics law enforcement health sectors business owners and few are in show biz. Also many youth have stopped getting into drinking culture before it starts becoming a problem.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
12 minutes ago, Harditsingh said:

I don't know much about Alberta but I've heard there's decent sikh population but the praries are dominated by Muslims mostly and Chinese . 

Edmonton's Sikh population is growing rapidly and is a good cross-selection of all areas of Punjab.   From what I observed, seems to have more of a Filipino flavour rather than Chinese. Massive Somali population though, especially Edmonton but I'd imagine it's the same story in Calgary.  Established white population is also a bit different to other Canadian province in that they mostly seem to be descended from German / Ukranian settlers.  Also, the praries are where Somali drug dealers from Toronto come to - to get rich and get shot dead - selling to the lone male oil workers away from their families in places like Fort McMurray.

I should disclose at this point that although my family's connections are in BC we do have business interests in Edmonton. It's a city at the whims of oil and could go bust as easily as it booms but, all things considered, right now, it feels like the last great North American frontier city growing at a rapid pace and ripe for riches to be made. As Vancouver is saturated with desi construction workers a hellava lot of them are relocating to the praries. There's good honest money to be made there.

It's funny because although I've been to Edmonton more than a dozen times and Calgary is only a couple of hours drive away I've never actually been to Calgary. From what people tell me the only difference is in the design of the houses in that all the homes in Calgary will have really decent sun decks because, for an hour every late evening, even in the dead of winter when it's normally -20 degrees, a strange phenonema occurs in that the hot burning sun comes up for an hour - thanks to the chinook winds. Anyone that's lived in Edmonton in the winter must dream of that as heavenly.