Feeki chaa or meethi chaa ? .. The point to which we abuse langar system

8 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

that is a fib , the documentary i watched they were cooking using onions , also I had langar on many occasions and there was definitely onions in there . In numerous itihaasic gurdwarey it is the same 

well i agree onions are sometimes used in langar in some gurdware however im not sure they are at harmandir sahib but i am happy to be corrected that they may be... without getting into the specifics my point was about certain ingredients not being included one i know for sure is garlic and the reason behind it is that it is considered a stimulant

16 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's like this. Wherever there is gyan, it is meant to be used. My Sri Satguru Sahib ji has taught me to live life through pure, satch sattvic ways since that is what leads us to shanti. Sattvic diet is really the healthiest for us. I hate eating junk food, the next day I always feel really gross. This is just a personal choice of mine, and I thought if I shared it it may benefit someone who is looking to live life through Sattvic ways, since the 4th guna is the one only God has. Everyone is free to live their life as they wish, I actually 1st learned this gyan regarding masar di daal from a  Sri Gurdwara Sahib ji, not a mandir. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

That's all very well. You can do what you wish, it's your life, nobody can tell you what to and not to do. 

But you do try to link Hinduism with Sikhi, and it comes across as if you are trying to preach Hinduism, but hardly comment on Sikhi being its own faith. Like you're always making out Hinduism came first, so Sikhs should practice their ways. So I'm reminding you that Sikhi did not originate from Hinduism, as it comes across from your posts, as you specifically mention it. But that's nothing new, you somehow tend to slip it in. 

Its probably because you are used to Hindu methods, before becoming a Sikh, and it must be hard to let go, but don't mix the two together. 

I remembered my late grandmother told me that it's a superstitious thing or something and some Gurdwaras do serve it but some don't. Can't remember fully what the reasons were though.

28 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Mhmm.. but hinduism was who discovered it first. It's been in their tradition for yugs. Even before praying to their gods through sattvic ways it is not allowed to be consumed. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

im not sure i would describe it as saying it was 'hinduism' was who discovered it

13 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

well i agree onions are sometimes used in langar in some gurdware however im not sure they are at harmandir sahib but i am happy to be corrected that they may be... without getting into the specifics my point was about certain ingredients not being included one i know for sure is garlic and the reason behind it is that it is considered a stimulant

Garlic I've never seen it being used, as you said could be due to being considered a stimulant. But I'm curious about this masara di dal dilemma. Never get a proper answer to it. 

18 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It all comes down to perception. We all have our own different tastes. & if someone is Sikh, it does not mean that stories like Kamadhenu ji's did not happen.. Or even saying stuff like the mahabharat/ramayan never happened. These things did happen, and they are meant to be learned from. It is not called superstition when we see the consequences of what happens when we consume too much tamas guni foods. If we consume too many sattvic foods, the consequence is shanti, rather than vyakulta which is a result of too much tamas guni diets or thinking Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Here we go, might aswell call this forum Hindu Sangat, the way you're going on. Do you know anything about Sikhi, or just about Hinduism ? Or are you even interested in Sikhi at all? Because from most of your posts the only thing you go on about it Hindus and Hinduism. You never mention any other religion or faith or even as much Gurbani as you do as Hinduism. I'm only saying what I'm reading of your posts? 

And then this is another trait of yours, if anybody mentions it, you go off on a rant about how Sikhs shouldn't insult Hindus, bla bla bla. So what are we going to learn from Sikhi?? That's the main question. And stop making out some Sikhs hate Hindus, because that's exactly what you do. You do it on purpose to create a reaction, so deal with it. If you write something and somebody questions it, don't go all defensive against one religion but not defend the one you are following. That's very immature and very unwise to do. I'm done with you Preet, but you just don't stop. These games of yours have to stop one day, so stop all your bla bla blah backing up with explanations when it's obvious what's going on. 

Koi hadh v hundi a!

And whoever is liking her posts on these issues of game playing, you're just as bad to encourage it. So grow up and stop insulting Sikhi. 

PS: ek duje de post like kari jao, teh fer message karlo ek duje nu next plan le ? lol. As if nobody don't know what's going on. ? Lage reho penji te paji. 

41 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It all comes down to perception. We all have our own different tastes. & if someone is Sikh, it does not mean that stories like Kamadhenu ji's did not happen.. Or even saying stuff like the mahabharat/ramayan never happened. These things did happen, and they are meant to be learned from. It is not called superstition when we see the consequences of what happens when we consume too much tamas guni foods. If we consume too many sattvic foods, the consequence is shanti, rather than vyakulta which is a result of too much tamas guni diets or thinking Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Your wishful cow goddess story says more about you than anything else.  You say certain edible food came from sin.  Lets see what else came from sin.  Lets start with the person who is promoting this manmat here.  Do you know how you were formed?  Do you know what your father did to your mother so you took birth.  The sin was Kaam (lust) and you were the result of this sin.  This makes you an untouchable.  You are cursed and not sattvic. Eating any amount of sattvic food will not make you pure.  Also your fake Guru Krishna was brought into the world in the same way as you.  This makes him a sin and untouchable.  :rofl Enjoy special league.

6 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Your wishful cow goddess story says more about you than anything else.  You say certain edible food came from sin.  Lets see what else came from sin.  Lets start with the person who is promoting this manmat here.  Do you know how you were formed?  Do you know what your father did to your mother so you took birth.  The sin was Kaam (lust) and you were the result of this sin.  This makes you an untouchable.  You are cursed and not sattvic. Eating any amount of sattvic food will not make you pure.  Also your fake Guru Krishna was brought into the world in the same way as you.  This makes him a sin and untouchable.  :rofl Enjoy special league.

wow

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 01/05/2017 at 9:16 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

There currently aren't that many alternatives. If you don't have langar it's just a therath and not a Gurdwara. If you don't allow Non-Sikhs, it's a Sikh house, not a Gurdwara. Maybe some people have medical issues which they need to know the ingredients of something, allergies or reactions. Each case is case-by-case, if there comes at time when I have some problem, I would want to know what the ingredients are as well.

The issue is not that we want to stop langar, and also there's no health issue concern when the question raised by "aunties" is that "Why this tea has less sugar ? I want more sugared tea". Admit it, its for the taste buds 

and for those who see langar as a free food service

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 01/05/2017 at 9:26 PM, genie said:

langar system needs reform as does alot of aspects of sikh society for too long non-sikh forces and ideologies have made Sikhi out to be a welfare system for all communities when it should only cater for believers in the sikh faith, those who desperately need help and those who want to convert to sikhi.

Allowing any tom, dom and harry to treat Sikh places of worship like a restaurant or guesthouse/hotel is showing how far we have fallen as a proud community for others to abuse our hospitality either through minor contemptible remarks or robberies by non-sikhs who scouted out the premises and seen Sikhs are weak and coward cucks now so they wont stop them robbing and disrespecting guru's house.

Sikhs need to return to their martial roots that is where confidence to deal firmly with these issues will come from.

But yet the most abusers of langar system are sikhs themselves !