Using a big kara to defend yourself in a fight.

khalsa mero roop

so wat shud i say 2 ma m8s who say dat a kara is sposed 2 remind u not 2 fight.. coz i hav received a lot of hatred 2 me 4 uzin it..

87462[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

With this issue, theres a few things that need to be considered. (BTW i am all for using in a kara, the sight of my 2 usually shock people as the heavy weightd also so u know, most people back off in advance unless they stupid)

1. NEVER by all circumstances hit someone in the face with it! - U WILL BE CHARGED and pay the risk of banning Kara.

2. Only use it if you know how to. Not just smack some one loadsa times, learn how to use it to your advantage, sometimes you can defeat the opponent without even taking it off.

3. Respect it like you would respect a Kirpan. Its shastar at the end of the day, treat it that way.

If you HAVE to use it, then use it only for defense, dont remove to provoke a fight. Just use as last means. Even then use it to control the person, go for areas which will temporarily disable the person such as the legs, shoulda blades, areas like these will prevent the person from striking you. You dnt even need to put too much power into shoulder blade strikes jst place kara on and push. Hurts enough!!

Sorry for the martial arts lecture!!

I agree with using it to defend oneself, not to attack someone! Only use if know how, and dont use to show off!!!! The size of the kara is not yet illegal but if misused can be made! Especially as the larger ones are so widely recognised know amongst the youth.

Apologies for any offences caused.

WJKK WJKF

All-Info

http://www.all-info.us

If you HAVE to use it, then use it only for defense, dont remove to provoke a fight. Just use as last means. Even then use it to control the person, go for areas which will temporarily disable the person such as the legs, shoulda blades, areas like these will prevent the person from striking you. You dnt even need to put too much power into shoulder blade strikes jst place kara on and push. Hurts enough!!

Sorry for the martial arts lecture!!

You shouldn't be, because in many cases I'd be willing to bet that people would have gone much easier on singhs in the courtroom if they hadn't pulled out a kirpan, and instead had defended themselves with a kara. Any other useful info about kara self-defence?

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

you could use the kara when a person throws a punch, try to parry the punch with kara n if anyone asks say you were trying to cover your face.

I don't see anything wrong with using a Kara for self-defense because I was taught that that's oneof the purposes of the Kara.

However when i used to go to highs school and saw kids who thought they were "cool Sikhs" because they had big huge Karas on their wrists and used them as weapons in their rivalry fights against other schools, I thought that was very wrong. :umm: