Using a big kara to defend yourself in a fight.

khalsa mero roop

I think I'm going too far by saying this but I’m going ahead anyways.

Let’s think back now shall we? We’re in the 1600s….. We’re in India…. Steel/gold/silver is obviously in abundance. No, I’m just kidding. Steel is basically iron with the impurities taken out and with a greater abundance of carbon. Iron…. Easy for poor people to get. I mean, can anyone honestly find a line in SGGS that says that karas have to be made of Sarab Loh? Because I’ve been searching since yesterday and I still haven’t found it. Who makes these rehats? I mean….. these things are symbols. You will not become a manmukh just because you don’t have an iron kara. It was just very easy to get iron karas back then in India. Same deal with kacharas, why did people wear kacharas when they took a bath? Was it because if you took off the kachara you lost some type of special power? People, let’s wake up! It was because back then, they took showers in the same area, it is just common decency to wear a kachara back then.

My opinion is that you definitely DON’T have to wear a sarabh loh kara. Though a sarabh loh kara has many ADVANTAGES over steel, gold, silver, etc (reactivity and strength not being any of them).

Just my 2 cents.

-Bhajneet

PS – please, if you did find a line in SGGS, or if I said something extremely wrong, please tell me.

common decency? i go to the gym, and ppl dont have decency there...if you go to india ppl go excrete ANYWHERE loll...im sure ppl didnt mind being 100% natural n take a bath...

as for who makes this rehat.....Guru Gobind Singh Ji.....if its not in guru granth sahib doesnt mean u can question Guru Gobind Singhs Rehat. Why you ask?

Guru Granth Sahib = 10 Guru's

if i were to consider your logic i would say sumthin dumb like

"Guru Har Krishan Ji never had anything written in SGGS hence i dont have to look at his example of self sacrifise...or consider him a guru.

as far as Sarbloh Kareh go it says in the kabul hukamnama that it has to be sarbloh....this hukamnama was written by Guru Gobind Singh JI

tie it around your leg? Hmm.... I just wear it like if i'd go to take a shower with pants on... Or was it that time I took a shower in my pants? tongue.gif Only rules for kachera are that they must be worn at all times, and you have to do the one leg in one leg out thing. And Also, Bhajneet's right in the symbolization, but it should be sarbloh. The symbolization of Kachera is Chastitiy, and that's why you draw them up with the string, not the silly elastic those other people wear (read: everyone) tongue.gif And could we get the Kabul Hukamnama? Maybe we should put it up on a website here on SS so that people would stop losing the thread :TH:

Same deal with kacharas, why did people wear kacharas when they took a bath? Was it because if you took off the kachara you lost some type of special power? People, let’s wake up! It was because back then, they took showers in the same area, it is just common decency to wear a kachara back then.

Bhajneet.. next time do keep in mind that lots of members on this board will get offended by the silly statement of yours about kacchera and power. If you don't follow it then zip it let other do what their panj told them to do. Simple ?!? Don't take this reply as a rude message. Last i look at the heading .. it's about the "KARA" topic, so stay in line !

Peace

I think this is from a forum on akj.org

Kabul Hukamnama

"Sarbat sangat Kabul Guru rakhe ga

Tusa ute asaadee bahut khusi hai

Tusi Khande da Amrit Panja to lena

Kes rakhne...ih asadee mohur hair;

Kachh, Kirpan da visah nahee karna

SARB LOH da kara hath rakhna

Dono vakat kesa dee palna karna

Sarbat sangat abhakhia da kutha

Khave naheen, Tamakoo na vartana

Bhadni tatha kanya-maran-vale so mel na rakhe

Meene, Massandei, Ramraiye ki sangat na baiso

Gurbani parhni...Waheguru, Waheguru japna

Guru kee rahat rakhnee

Sarbat sangat oopar meri khushi hai.

Patshahi Dasvi

Jeth 26, Samat 1756

*******************TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH*******************

(To the entire sangat at Kabul.

The Guru will protect the Sangat,

I am pleased with you all.

You should take baptism by the sword, from the Five Beloveds.

Keep your hair uncut for this is a seal of the Guru,

Accept the use of shorts and a sword.

Always wear IRON KARA on your wrist,

Keep your hair clean and comb it twice a day.

Do not eat Halal (Kosher) meat,

Do not use tobacco in any form,

Have no connection with those who kill their daughters

Or permit the cutting of their children's hair.

Do not associate with Meenas, Massands and Ram-raiyas (anti-Sikh cults)

Recite the Guru's hymns

Meditate on "The Name of our Wonderful Lord",

Follow the Sikh code of discipline

I give the entire sangat my blessing)

Signature of 10th Guru

Jeth 26, 1756 Bikrami (23rd May 1699 A.D)