WEARING A KIRPAN IN SCHOOL!

guruji's_student

Wearing any of the Panj Kakkar does not serve as a violation of Gurmat Rehat Maryada. If we look back, we will see that Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, a mahaan Gurmukh of the Panth practised his full rehat for a full five Years before being Blessed with Amrit. This includes the wearing of the Panj Kakkar, Orange Keski (Traditionally), Wooden Kangha, White Kacherra, Sarbloh Ka Kara and a Sarbloh Di Kirpan.

So, it does not really violate Gurmat Maryada in any way by wearing the Panj Kakkar. Infact it is better so as Guru Gobind Singh Sahib says he loves Rehat More Than The Ordinary 'Sikh'. By wearing these Panj Kakkar we serve the True Guru and he showers his blessings on us. Like Guru Gobind Singh say, as long as the Khalsa stays distinct So will I shower my Blessings on them.

However, looking at the disadvantages. It is widely accepted that all wear Kara, whether it be a person with Cut Hair or what not, but for some odd reason Panjabis do not accept it that we can also wear a Kirpan in order to prepare for that Blessed day of become Gursikh. Another disadvantage is that it can bring Ego, this is the main thing we should worry about when travelling on the Path of a Gurmukh. Because one can very easily fall from the lofty heights of spirituallity into Nothing just by getting Ego - such is the power of Maya.

On the whole the Advantages very much outweigh the Disadvantages, just one advantage out weighs all the disadvantages put together, for example we get the blessings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, what other advantage can we wish for? (rhetorical question)

As for telling the

teachers about this, if you think they will barr you from wearing it then it is better not to tell them, however if you feel they should know then perhaps it is sensible to do such. However, please do take into account that if you do get found out having a Kirpan on you by the teachers then they will not tolerate it at all. But, if you truly have solid faith in the Sikhi of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji, if you truly have faith in Guru Sahib then you will never get found out, not even an iota of doubt exists their in my mind, by having faith The eternal Guru will protect you.

By looking at the jeevans of old time, puraatan Gursikhs we can learn alot on how to lead our own jeevan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been reading this post and I was thinking the sangat on the forum is fantastic!!!!

Guruji's_student you should use this forum to ask any questions because the sangat is amazing they will help you. We are all here to support you. Remember Guru Jee will always be their for you, no matter where you are.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest Lohgarh Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

where a small kirpan about 3-4inches, dont tell the teachers shhh.gif because their ignorance will give you trouble. have the gatra about just above your waist so it is nicely concealed in your shirt. have your kirpan blunt so if used (hopefully you wont get into that kind of trouble) no marks will be made :e:. hope ive helped

I

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I knwo someone who wears a Full 9" Siri SAhib, under his shirt without anyoen noticing :wub:

Don't worry yeah, Mahraj will do Kirpa - just make sure, as soon as you got intentions to Give ur head, begin rpactising Rehit - it's the most important thing, - disicpline, whilst ur still not Amritdhari to practise practise and practise, but as RSignh veer ji said, try to not remove any of the Kakkars - as ur next thing in your dicipline :wub:

we should always seek to develop ourselves in all points :9

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I have been following up to this post, and i think rather then telling your teacher, just wear it, and dont even bring it up to your mind that the teacher will catch you, Guru Ji is always there and he will help you along, with you not getting into trouble. And penji it will be great if you get Amritdhari, it is good that you have chosen this path.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhainji,

I have a 9 inch kirpan myself and i know my friend, she has a 10 inch kirpan and no one saw it unless she purposely put her sweaatshirt under the kirpan...or the kirpan over her sweatshirt :nihungsmile:

.....or wearing a small gatra always helps the ones that kids wear... it works for me when im at work or playing sports :TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Fateh Singh Ji, I just want to let you know that the teachers really can't say anything to you because your not doing anything to violate the counciling law, so you have nothing to worri about, just make sure your careful with it when your playing P.E or anthing related. If you do need some help nd the teachers are still giving u trouble, just give me a shout nd i'll print out da papers showing that u are entitled to wear you kirpan since ur following ur religion!!

:wub: grin.gif :wub: )))) :e: :TH: :nihungsmile: