Amritdhari women don't get jobs here?

Simran9

btw, I forgot to mention another thing they said. They said that "babey" (baba jis, as in bhai jis who are granthi jis, or other bhai jis who do katha/keertan/kavisher/any sikhi parchaar as their full time job sorta) are "veley." They mean to say that these guys have nothing else to do except sikhi da parchaar. For them its easy to be amritdhari and maintain rehit maryada. But the rest of us folk gotta work somewhere...so we can't maintian that properly... :wub: @

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well, I'm guessing that those people who are saying that are not amritdharis, and have no intention of reaching guru...

don't let those morons get to you, those fools will never realize how to be happy, they will never live in gurbani, and they will never taste the nectar of amrit. We all know better, and we are infact living it right now... especially these days, a Sikh will never have trouble because of who they are and how they follow mariada.

vwihgur

U jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in reality there is discrimination against both amritdhari men and women in getting jobs in United States. Getting job without any inside help is hard for everyone specially for young graduates (no wonder why everyone choose to study further for masters and so on). For Sikhs there's little bit of extra hard for them to find the jobs. In my view if one is graduate from any respectable univ. in states then he or she won't have any problem in getting jobs here in states, But if we are talking about of our brothers and sisters who did their degrees outside of states then it perfectly make sense that they might not get job because of their education background and so on and that also it we can't put the lable of discrimination.

I have relatives and friends and i have aunties who are amritdhari but they cover their head by scarf or chunni and they are working good jobs. I also know that their are turbaned bibian who are also working respectable job. Some of my close friends who wear turban are studying and mark my word.. they will get the top job when they graduate. Outlook does matter to many companies but more important is how confidence you are in yourself and in your work. Most companies do not care how one look, all they care is how good work you can do and your work history. In punjabi community it's our habit of trying to find something so that they can put whole blame on it. And they found it... which is if your keshadhari, turban sikh in united sikhs then you can't find a job !!! I hear this like couple of times in a month from my friends and other punjabi ppls.

Shapping eyebrows, getting laser treatment for facial hairs and so on doesn't

go along with sikhi teachings. but at end it's in your hand and how you want it to be done.. If you go for sikhi, go with it throughly.. Be proud of it and no one can hold you back.. Act like you are the leader and ambassador of sikh community and set cool examples for next genx kids :wub:

Very good reply Singh.

Also , in my opinion parents feel that if their daughter becomes Amritdhari then they will not be able to find a suitable match for her. So thats one of the worries that parent have , instead of talking about it they try to go about this the round about way.

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||[/color]

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||[/color]

Few hundred years ago, mughals were saying, Give up ur turban and sikhi and we will give u many riches, now we have few people saying , Give up your sikhi and we will give u a job. Nothing has changed, and as sikhs nothing from our side should change.

We gave up our head then and we shud do it now instead of sacrificing sikhi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

span>

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Great reply Singh and Balait :TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guroo Ji himself will get u a job if u take amrit, dont u think he'll look after his sons and daughters, Guroo Ji will give his children the world if they follow rehat.If u dont go on the path of the Guroo u'll end up with nothing,what use is a good job if u dont serve Guroo Ji.Whats a godd job compared to Guroo Ji's pyaar.

Dear bhenji,

Not being able to get a job is a load of BS to be honest. I wear a dastar and i just moved to US from UK and I got a job with a law firm in San Francisco. In england I worked for one of the top 20 law firms in the country..I also trained as a pilot and used to fly business people on chartered flights..so just try and have faith. Trust me, if guru sahib can give a paapi like me this much he can do a lot more for u..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i know a chardikala singhnee working in bank in california & wears dastar with pride

these times are just your exams

pray to Maharaj ji pray.gif

everything will be alright :TH:

like khalsa4ever said "don't listen to manmukhs and non-amritdhari niguraas"

their words are more poisonous than a cobra's bite. listen to them with one ear & pass out those words through the other ear. but do not argue.

and beg amrit from Maharaj ji then you will get naam

sO chhoottaiy mahajaal tey

jiss gurshabad nirantar

only Maharaj ji can save from this maayaa roopi mahajaal & bless you with maha-anand

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!