do looks matter when looking for a marriage partner

Guest getting married soon

Guest MrRabbit

The short and truthful answer? yes, if you don't have a level of attraction to your partner - at one point or another you will have issues. It's just the way your brain works, you can't pray it away I'm afraid and there is no magic wand to make someone attractive.

9 hours ago, Guest MrRabbit said:

The short and truthful answer? yes, if you don't have a level of attraction to your partner - at one point or another you will have issues. It's just the way your brain works, you can't pray it away I'm afraid and there is no magic wand to make someone attractive.

+1. I'd add that it becomes less important as the couple grow into the relationship as the years go by. But for the initial attraction phase, even when potential partners are introduced to each other by a third party, you won't get far if the spark of an attraction isn't there. Only transcendental beings immune to the lures of the flesh will argue otherwise. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

+1. I'd add that it becomes less important as the couple grow into the relationship as the years go by. But for the initial attraction phase, even when potential partners are introduced to each other by a third party, you won't get far if the spark of an attraction isn't there. Only transcendental beings immune to the lures of the flesh will argue otherwise. 

i don't want to drag my story here , sorry , but by this logic my marriage is doomed to failure then ?

58 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

i don't want to drag my story here , sorry , but by this logic my marriage is doomed to failure then ?

Your circumstances are unique, shall we say. I'm referring to instances where the union isn't taking place under duplicitous circumstances, no offence, I.e. both parties are actively looking for a partner with whom they want to be willingly joined.

Guest kaur

As long the partner is not gay, queer, lesbian, transgender or bisexual then everything else is irrelevant. But.........

Whoever you are meant to get to married to is who you will get married to. Only manmukhs think these thoughts of attraction/what will happen? who? if? etc. Those that live in Hukam accept everything Waheguru does without such thoughts.

3 hours ago, Guest kaur said:

As long the partner is not gay, queer, lesbian, transgender or bisexual then everything else is irrelevant. But.........

Whoever you are meant to get to married to is who you will get married to. Only manmukhs think these thoughts of attraction/what will happen? who? if? etc. Those that live in Hukam accept everything Waheguru does without such thoughts.

???

Congrats Kaur Jee, best possible answer from sikhee point of view, which in the end is for our real benefit as human beings.