Tackling caste issues

Guest London

59 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Most Sikhs have got nothing against Hindus! us Sikhs and Hindus have had a beautiful brotherly relationship throughout the centuries. Yes there have been a few Hindus in history who have betrayed us, but that was mostly out of greed, like the hill rajas who sided with the mughals or gangu etc these Hindus did what they did for extra £££  and a pat on the back from their Mughal masters. The mass common Hindus have remained kind to us. In fact Sikhs and Hindus have been more close than any other two religions ever have. If there is one religion which has never threatened Hindus then that is Sikhs. Mughal muslims and the Christian British Empire tried to completely destroy Hindus and Hindu culture, the Sikh empire on the other hand embraced Hindus and gave them high ranking positions but then obviously power and greed got to their heads and they betrayed Sikhs for a bit of cash and land.  

Lets not confuse corrupt politicians and extremist Hindu parties with you're common Hindu. Remember Jagdish tytler is actually a christian not a hindu. 

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, ji

Even some self proclaimed 'Sikh' politicians have betrayed us for money, its really odd. Im from doab, and nobody is hinduphobic there. Almost every Sikh home I visited in doab had a picture of Sri Krishna ji or Sri Sherawali ji, so that says a lot about the relations. Likewise, Ive never met or heard of ANY Punjabi hindu in my life who doesnt admire our Sri Guru Sahib jis  vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

37 minutes ago, Preeet said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, ji

Even some self proclaimed 'Sikh' politicians have betrayed us for money, its really odd. Im from doab, and nobody is hinduphobic there. Almost every Sikh home I visited in doab had a picture of Sri Krishna ji or Sri Sherawali ji, so that says a lot about the relations. Likewise, Ive never met or heard of ANY Punjabi hindu in my life who doesnt admire our Sri Guru Sahib jis  vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

Im from Doaba too, Nawanshahr. Doaba is overwhelmingly Hindu so that's probably the reason behind the Hindu influence on the Sikhs in Doaba. But at the same time i have come across many Hindus in Doaba who do paath and go gurdwara. My nanke in India are family friends with this Arora family and they always keep paath at their house before any big event, also the lady who works for my nanke is also a hindu from a arora family and she told me she does japji sahib in the morning, her son recently went to Hazur Sahib too. so many People in Punjab are close to Sikhi but we have corrupt leaders who are just not letting it blossom ?   

37 minutes ago, puzzled said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

Im from Doaba too, Nawanshahr. Doaba is overwhelmingly Hindu so that's probably the reason behind the Hindu influence on the Sikhs in Doaba. But at the same time i have come across many Hindus in Doaba who do paath and go gurdwara. My nanke in India are family friends with this Arora family and they always keep paath at their house before any big event, also the lady who works for my nanke is also a hindu from a arora family and she told me she does japji sahib in the morning, her son recently went to Hazur Sahib too. so many People in Punjab are close to Sikhi but we have corrupt leaders who are just not letting it blossom ?   

Same here. My pind is near Banga city lol. I was surprised because most Punjabi city areas are hindu, but the rural population there in doaba is also majority hindu. & yeah, its not surprising that hindus follow Sri guru sahib ji in punjab! When I went to malwa region, I probably only saw like 3 mandirs there, while in doaba a lot of pinds have mandirs & have god images on the pind gates. Someone said that theres probably more hindus in the world that visit gurdwara jis (which kinda makes sense cuz hindu population is big). I mean if the average hindus who adore our sri guru sahib jis hear some of these hinduphobes, it wouldnt feel really good hanna! 

Guest Caste facts

80% of Jatts are Muslims like the Prime Ministers of Pakistan (Liaquat Ali Khan) and Hindu's like Sajjan Kumar

Most Brahmins of Punjabi and Kashmiri background are actually Muslim like the Brahmin Muslim Nawaz Sharif the Prime Minster of Pakistan and Shabbaz Sharif his brother who is the Brahmin Muslim chief minister of Punjab.

So assuming certain castes belong to one religion or another is a special folly of people from east Punjab it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3sIT0x280I

I think casts issue is more of an older generation thing. 

The new generation of Sikhs are starting to see that caste ect is wrong. This is in the uk. 

But back in India. Caste issues are still deeply entrenched. india and Punjab is a whole different ball game.

That is why people often feel more comfotable marrying a non sikh. As they dont have to deal with the whole caste issue which complicates things in the sikh comnunity. We are a casteist bunch. Lets face it. Our Gurus did their best for us to not follow caste. But we could not leave it. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:24 PM, Preeet said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, ji

having pictures of hindu idols is a worrying trend not something to be proud of , we are sikhs first and foremost and our one focus and loyalty is to Guru ji /Akal Purakh. I'm friends with Christians buddhists, hindus and muslims but I haven't got crosses, icons, murtis, buddha statues or a picture of Kaa'ba in my home does that make me less of a friend?

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

having pictures of hindu idols is a worrying trend not something to be proud of , we are sikhs first and foremost and our one focus and loyalty is to Guru ji /Akal Purakh. I'm friends with Christians buddhists, hindus and muslims but I haven't got crosses, icons, murtis, buddha statues or a picture of Kaa'ba in my home does that make me less of a friend?

I think theyre just attached to their aboriginal Gods. They dont have abrahamic videshi symbols in their homes, but the ones of their ancestors.. If that makes sense? Even ancestor worship is extremely popular there. You should see the ketth areas, some have massive ancestor temples and some just have small ones. Its not that theyve accepted hindu dharam, its that theyve never let it go fully.

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

I think theyre just attached to their aboriginal Gods. They dont have abrahamic videshi symbols in their homes, but the ones of their ancestors.. If that makes sense? Even ancestor worship is extremely popular there. You should see the ketth areas, some have massive ancestor temples and some just have small ones. Its not that theyve accepted hindu dharam, its that theyve never let it go fully.

until they do they are never going to fully commit to sikhi and trust Guru ji , it's sad

On 6/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, Guest justajatt said:

There's nothing wrong with tribal and clan surnames. These exist in ALL CIVILAIZATIONS around the world. 

Problem is deeply misunderstood. It's the DISCRIMINATION and PREJUDICE towards other castes that is the problem. 

I repeat it is the DISCRIMINATION and PREJUDICE towards other castes that is the problem

This will not be resolved by abolishing CASTE.

CASTE is identity. Identity of ancestor lineage and sometimes culture, clan linage, clan trades,...family heritage.

CASTE SYSTEM which is about mixing KARMA and outcome of future caste in future birth is the DISCRIMINATING problem. This System, which SIKHS DO NOT FOLLOW is the problem.  

SIkhs and gurbani follow system  of Chaurasi lakh joon cycle if ONE does not earn the wealth(dhann) of NAAM. 

The place where one has birth to live out their play of previous KARMA, or the family, the status, the wealth and all the other situations that place the person where they are and who they interact with, as well as the circumstances..>>are  ALL ABOUT KARMA.

BTW. if anyone wants to lay into me for using my jatt identity; then be my guest. 

1)  I married someone whose family lineage was the Chamaar trade.  

2) She was groomed and raped by <banned word filter activated>.  I dealt with the group of <banned word filter activated> and did my time. Then against everyone's wishes,  I married her to preserve her honor and dignity. This was the least that I could sacrifice as a sikh. It was also the beginning of the path that led both of us to find our selves and the bhagtee marg of sikhi. We are both dedicated abyasee's and couldn't have made better choices.

Brother man. Get a free user name. Would love to hear more from you.