My mom is Sikh-Hindu.

Gagan1995

1 hour ago, singhunit said:

For the families with these shrines they will know/have experienced these shrines are very much real (note I am not saying they are gurnat). My q is why do these spirits roam on earth and demand these shrines?

yes they are very real, like i previously commented, the baba from my nanke side who the shrine is made for has even appeared before my nani and is a Singh, but i don't understand why he is on earth! i thought people leave this earth when they die. maybe they visit the earth. You hear loads of stories about these "jaggahs" and how they start interacting with family members.  

I just remembered, there used to be this pakistani lady who used to live opposite our house, she was from near Nankana sahib. and she once told us how, there is a ghost of a singh and he does path under the tree in pakistan in her village. men and boys without knowing used to stand by that tree and urinate but then they used to faint! then the singh started appearing before some of the village boys and said to them not to urinate under the tree as he sits there and does path, and she said since then people only sit under the tree. 

she told us that the sikhs who died during 1947 are still roaming around in the villages in pakistan ...

2 hours ago, singhunit said:

For the families with these shrines they will know/have experienced these shrines are very much real (note I am not saying they are gurnat). My q is why do these spirits roam on earth and demand these shrines?

As far as my elders told me is they stand guard over gursikhs as they have chosen to take that duty , as they gave their all for panth . If we fail to serve gur panth khalsa during our moments of happiness our fortune becomes poison and misfortune will follow as we have become aghiratghana

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

A lot of jatts have ancestral shrines in their fields by the khoo , some have them built in the corner outside their house but mostly in the fields. So at night that why you might see divas in the fields.   My cousins go there everyday and light a diva    but at special occasions they get sikhs and other locals to sit there and prepare langar for them. They even keep akand paths there. But yeah ...

Ooooh. Would it be normal for people to get posessed at shrines? On my nanke's side, I think it was an aunty, but whenever shed pass by any ancestor shrines (even unrelated ones) shed lose control of her body and she would regain consciousness after a while but would say her body felt like it got hurt. Just wondering why this would happen.

57 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Ooooh. Would it be normal for people to get posessed at shrines? On my nanke's side, I think it was an aunty, but whenever shed pass by any ancestor shrines (even unrelated ones) shed lose control of her body and she would regain consciousness after a while but would say her body felt like it got hurt. Just wondering why this would happen.

Iv never heard that before!  But these shrines do demand things. For example every visakhi my nanke keep path and do langar at the family shrine, the langar has to be served to 5 amritdhari sikhs (or more) but other people can join too as long as there are singhs present too. but last year my nana forgot to organize path and langar at our shrine and he started seeing small snakes everywhere in his house! He would ring my mum up, we Iive in the UK, and tell her how there are snakes everywhere in the house, baby ones . He even got a man to come in and put snake killing tablets in the house it didn't work    my nana then hired a snake catcher, but after he caught them and went more snakes appeared . My mum and her brothers who all live abroad got really worried but then my mum remembered that maybe on visakhi my nana forgot to keep path and langar at the jaggah and it turned out he did forget! Once he organized the path and langar the baby snakes disappeared!    

I know this sounds crazy but it's true lol 

It really confuses me though ...

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Iv never heard that before!  But these shrines do demand things. For example every visakhi my nanke keep path and do langar at the family shrine, but last year my nana forgot to organize path and langar at our shrine and he started seeing small snakes everywhere in his house! He would ring my mum up, we Iive in the UK, and tell her how there are snakes everywhere in the house, baby ones . He even got a man to come in and put snake killing tablets in the house it didn't work    my nana then hired a snake catcher, but after he caught them and went more snakes appeared . My mum and her brothers who all live abroad got really worried but then my mum remembered that maybe on visakhi my nana forgot to keep path and langar at the jaggah and it turned out he did forget! Once he organized the path and langar the baby snakes disappeared!    

I know this sounds crazy but it's true lol 

It really confuses me though ...

Wow! Is your nana amritdhari? Im glad alls well. Im too scared to share stories that Ive witnessed. :hairan:

15 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Wow! Is your nana amritdhari? Im glad alls well. Im too scared to share stories that Ive witnessed. :hairan:

No, but my nani was amritdhari and she even used to see baba with her own eyes. My mama back in the 70s used to see him too. When my mama used to do the farming and used to get tierd, baba actually used to lend his strength!  My mama said there was so much strength and energy. But then soon after my mama got married he started drinking and then he never saw baba again...

Stupid of my mama to start drinking