Can someone explain this concept?

Guest Anonymous Kaur

Guest Anonymous Kaur

So, I know that we always say in Sikhi that Waheguru Ji is within each and every human being, each soul. God is within us. But then why do we sin? If God is within us, why do we do things that are bad and against Sikhi? How can we connect with Waheuguru Ji who is residing within us? Just having some difficulty wrapping my head around this concept. 

VJKK VJKF

On 21 September 2018 at 5:33 PM, Guest Anonymous Kaur said:

So, I know that we always say in Sikhi that Waheguru Ji is within each and every human being, each soul. God is within us. But then why do we sin? If God is within us, why do we do things that are bad and against Sikhi? How can we connect with Waheuguru Ji who is residing within us? Just having some difficulty wrapping my head around this concept. 

Vaheguru is within us, Vaheguru is our very aatma. However, the panj chor allow us to sin, to take us away from naam japping and seva. That's why we sin even when Vaheguru is within us. We can connect with Vaheguru because imagine that Vaheguru is the ocean, we are just cups of that ocean water. So, our souls are just small segments of Vaheguru. We can connect with Vaheguru because if you imagine getting that cup of ocean water and if you spill it back into the sea, can you tell the difference? No. So just like that we merge and then as our conscieness drifts we become the cups of water again. I hope you understand this concept now. :) 

VJKK VJKF

Guest Logical Sikh

Yo lets not make it difficult for some people

See the eternal entity is not a LIMB or a BONE that is within us...... it is the very limited knowledge of WAHEGURU which is in our MIND ..... The eternal entity is not in us in a way that it controls us...... We do deeds with our own THINKING PROCESS..... Waheguru aint got nothing to do with it...... You do good you have good reactions/consequences, you do bad, then you have bad reactions/consequences.... Thats it.... 

On 9/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, Guest Anonymous Kaur said:

Ego is the wall that seperates us from waheguru. 

Like if a king had a dream that he was a begger. In the dream he suffers because he believes he is a begger. He steals food because he is hungry and has no money. 

So ego is us thinking we r seperate from God. But in actuality we are one. 

That is the whole point of a human life. We have forgotten we are a part of God. And our job is to connect back to God. But there are many things stopping us. First is believing we are alone and helpless. If we knew, we are a part of God, we would never be lonely or sad or scared. And we would never do anything bad. Because we dont need to. If God is on our side. We can have anything. 

Second is our desires. We want things and lust, anger, greed, attachment, and pride use that to control us. 

So we must remember God and connect back with him. We must realize, we are not the body. We are the soul. Which is a part of God. One day the body will die, and we will only be the soul. And we will weep, because for our temporary bodys sake we did so many bad things. To other souls. We stole,lied, hurt, cheated people. 

So we sin because we have forgotten we are not this body. We will not be in this world forever. We forget our soul, God and the afterlife. 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:33 PM, Guest Anonymous Kaur said:

This may help with the concept of Churning your mind with naam. 

12 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Ego is the wall that seperates us from waheguru. 

Like if a king had a dream that he was a begger. In the dream he suffers because he believes he is a begger. He steals food because he is hungry and has no money. 

So ego is us thinking we r seperate from God. But in actuality we are one. 

That is the whole point of a human life. We have forgotten we are a part of God. And our job is to connect back to God. But there are many things stopping us. First is believing we are alone and helpless. If we knew, we are a part of God, we would never be lonely or sad or scared. And we would never do anything bad. Because we dont need to. If God is on our side. We can have anything. 

Second is our desires. We want things and lust, anger, greed, attachment, and pride use that to control us. 

So we must remember God and connect back with him. We must realize, we are not the body. We are the soul. Which is a part of God. One day the body will die, and we will only be the soul. And we will weep, because for our temporary bodys sake we did so many bad things. To other souls. We stole,lied, hurt, cheated people. 

So we sin because we have forgotten we are not this body. We will not be in this world forever. We forget our soul, God and the afterlife. 

Very very nice.  That is beautifully put. 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:33 PM, Guest Anonymous Kaur said:

youre looking at sin, like its a bad thing, and not a part of life. to guru, there is not sin as you know it. TELL A BABY ABOUT SIN, he might laugh or cry, TELL AN OLD MAN, he would do the same, and either way, who cares...

waheguru is in all of us, and not in us at the same time. because we arent real, and yet we are real, whatever magical plain you live on, there is nothing and everything to be said, at all times and never at all, AND IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION