MODERN-DAY SLAVERY: Sikhs exploited in Italy

harkirat23

9 hours ago, harkirat23 said:

initially it is economics that make them leave Punjab as very little scope for prosperity , once in foreign control they are exploited as they are hard workers  doesn't matter if it's in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Europe . They are willing to do the work initially and because of naivety/desperation put trust into employers' words . So many apne are stranded in arabic countries without their passports , without wages  being charged rents that never get paid off ...It is tragic . Guess Italians are just cottoning on to this , if I am correct early pioneers in America and Canada were also treated badly also but the Sikhs organised and started fighting back against it. This is now starting to happen in Italy with a worker's union on the table and court cases and demonstrations happening .

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Today's servants are tomorrow's masters , if only the servants know how to make it happen ! 

but sikhs as usual are very cow people . and easily give into false assurances , which is why sikhs have suffered historically 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:30 AM, lostconfussedsingh said:

Bro thats really sad i heard of all this stuff as well. In ilford lane its the same as well with apni girls doing the same thing as well.

Southall is supposed to be the heavist drug place for our punjabis

This video is sad and true

Yeah in the town I live in there was a house which was used as a brothel with females from punjab working/living in it. The police raided it and it was shut down. There are many eastern European girls who work as prostitutes where I live.

It's really bad 

This issue was raised before on this forum a year ago but Sikhs didn't care to do anything about it. Instead of helping those Sikhs in italy escape their enslavement and inhuman treatment we have idiots in our community washing their hands of them and saying its only their own fault for going there in the first place.

The least we all can do is raise awareness about their plight either by creating videos/ posts on social media or contacting refugee/human rights orgs in Italy to help them out of their hardship.