Life visits the Sikhs of India 1946

puzzled

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

I don't really listen to Punjabi music anymore tbh 

Not sure how old you are but back when i was a teenager everyone used to listen to British Punjabi music lol   Punjabi hit squad, jynx, juggy d, pbn,  haha  do you remember all that?     

I am not much older than you lol. Yeah, I remember all them including the lights of Hardkuar, miss scandalous. that period was a boom for the UK British Punjabi music.I remember being a regular viewer of Brit Asia tv and the lights of Juggy D, Punjabi by nature northern lights were regularly shown on there. ohh and how can I forget the Scottish Singh Ryan Singh lol. 

8b870d3989164222a5aee9dc1880a8da.png

46 minutes ago, Punjabiwolves said:

I am not much older than you lol. Yeah, I remember all them including the lights of Hardkuar, miss scandalous. that period was a boom for the UK British Punjabi music.I remember being a regular viewer of Brit Asia tv and the lights of Juggy D, Punjabi by nature northern lights were regularly shown on there. ohh and how can I forget the Scottish Singh Ryan Singh lol. 

8b870d3989164222a5aee9dc1880a8da.png

haha yeah ryan singh!  yeah hard kaur that silly tart and her ek glassy, and Yeah i remember ms scandalous lol, she just randomly disappeared, there used be allisiya and veronica too. There were so many, i wonder what happened to them. there was that guy think he was called raxtar, he used rap and wear a cap all the time.    do you remember the sona family and their ride the rickshaw  haha!    jay sean and his early music, i remember everyone used to say that juggy d started doing drugs lol     they always used to have the odd malkit singh song playing as well.  i dont think they had brit asia back then?  it was zee music and they used have all these British Punjabi songs? maybe i can't remember correctly    it is a while back now lol 

now this is bringing back a lot of memories haha   those were the good times ...

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

haha yeah ryan singh!  yeah hard kaur that silly tart and her ek glassy, and Yeah i remember ms scandalous lol, she just randomly disappeared, there used be allisiya and veronica too. There were so many, i wonder what happened to them. there was that guy think he was called raxtar, he used rap and wear a cap all the time.    do you remember the sona family and their ride the rickshaw  haha!    jay sean and his early music, i remember everyone used to say that juggy d started doing drugs lol     they always used to have the odd malkit singh song playing as well.  i dont think they had brit asia back then?  it was zee music and they used have all these British Punjabi songs? maybe i can't remember correctly    it is a while back now lol 

now this is bringing back a lot of memories haha   those were the good times ...

yeap those were the days. time back then seemed simple . (guess as age life can get complicated) . all those artists were indeed shown on Zee music with their doggy music videos some of them were cringeworthy. jus reigns puts in all nicely in this vid

1 hour ago, Punjabiwolves said:

yeap those were the days. time back then seemed simple . (guess as age life can get complicated) . all those artists were indeed shown on Zee music with their doggy music videos some of them were cringeworthy. jus reigns puts in all nicely in this vid

haha yeah i remember that jusreighn video. yeah some of the earlier videos were a bit racy! the kurian didn't wear much and acted ghetto, guys with trousers hanging down to their knees and the hired cars  LMAO         

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

haha yeah i remember that jusreighn video. yeah some of the earlier videos were a bit racy! the kurian didn't wear much and acted ghetto, guys with trousers hanging down to their knees and the hired cars  LMAO         

the girls were half naked and it was just not apne in the video but white and black girls. it was awkward to watch the videos in front of parents  lol. The songs were also kind of racists as they were always about women having light fair skin lol. I am glad they dress more appropriate these days  

24 minutes ago, Punjabiwolves said:

the girls were half naked and it was just not apne in the video but white and black girls. it was awkward to watch the videos in front of parents  lol. The songs were also kind of racists as they were always about women having light fair skin lol. I am glad they dress more appropriate these days  

haha was gnna say the exact same thing. was really awkward when i used to watch them music videos on tv after school and then mum used to walk in with a cup of cha   lol           yeah and the random ratchet white and black girls lol       but everyone used to listen to that back then even the pakis in my school listened to it.         but it started changing when people like pbn and manny sandhu etc started getting popular 

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

haha was gnna say the exact same thing. was really awkward when i used to watch them music videos on tv after school and then mum used to walk in with a cup of cha   lol           yeah and the random ratchet white and black girls lol       but everyone used to listen to that back then even the pakis in my school listened to it.         but it started changing when people like pbn and manny sandhu etc started getting popular 

Manny Sandhu is a good singer I liked his door Door Ni Kulne song. I believe back then was the golden generation/time of UK Punjabi music in terms of popularity. RDB, Punjabi MC, were my favourites at the time.   as for UK Pakistani Punjabi songs it was not as popular but they did have this very cringe-worthy song called gangster.