When doing simran

buddasingh

Sat Sri Akal:

Alright, the Panthic Rehat Maryada states that all men who are Sikhs must keep their heads covered with a turban and all women must keep thwir heads covered (turban or otherwise).

No Panthic Jatha or organization disagrees with this Maryada...so the entire Panth agrees with it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sorry sadhsangat ji,

I'm again confused and you gus have gone off topic first of all I don't know what panthic means or is? or um what is rehit maryda, i was simply asking when doing naam simran do we have to keep our head covered, I've read some of the posts here and some do make sense but I dunno why for some reason I can't concentrate when I do naam simran with my jora only when my hair is out...how can I improve this and do simran with my turban on i hear you can get an intense electryfying feeling... :wub:

Sat Sri Akal:

Sorry, us old people have very bad attention spans. When we are not busy cursing the youth with terms like "whippersnappers" and "nincompoops", we are busy getting each other confused. Reminds me of the time I was in Wahington D.C.... :wub: @ :wub: @ :@ @

Anyways, Panthic Rehat Maryada is the Rehat Maryada that was drafted after Sikh scholars got together, evaluated the existing Rehatnamae (codes of conduct drafteb by various Sikhs), tested them against Gurbani, and compiled them into one code of conduct that serves as a Sikh Code of Conduct. It can be found here:

http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/sikh-dharma-manual.asp

"how can I improve this and do simran with my turban on i hear you can get an intense electryfying feeling... "

Well, listen to some electrifying Kirtan and Simran, that's how! And lucky for you, there was just a post on this topic. So comb your hair, tie your Kesh into a Joora, tie a Dastaar, and listen away to the tracks available:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...f=13&t=7854&hl=

• 19 years later...

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji, core of Sikhi has prem(love) as a very important virtue. Before we put Rehat onto anyone via any medium, it is important for that person to have love within themselves. True/Pure love emerges from Naam and I think we all agree to that. So as a beginner(non-Sikh or coming into Sikhi from another religion), it is okay if you are not covering your head, Naam is for everyone, let the love develop, and then the miracles will follow. If you are a Sikh, it is a better choice to have a keski on or a patka when at home to do Naam Simran as it is a very bare minimum for us. Looking at the Dal Panth, Singhs always have a Dumalla or Keski on. My go to for living practically comes from Dal Panth a lot. But again, it is what i feel comfortable in and have developed over time with love as its base. As a Sikh, if it doesn't go a different way compared to the Maryada we have that were blessed to us by Maharaj, it seems fine. As a non-Sikh, do what feels right to understand Sikhi first, everyone makes mistakes, but it is important to learn and grow. I hope this helps you. May Maharaj bless you with more & more Naam Simran.