Does Guruji believe in equality?

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This may sound silly and make no sense at all blush.gif so um sorry

here it goes: Ok Sadhsangat ji, my question is does Guruji believe and treat people equally, I heard that if your amritdari Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji gives you everything that is only if you take amrit, so does guruji only like people who are amritdarii?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Remember what "amritdhari" means.

Remember back to 1699.

It is a pledge that you swear your life and that you will give your head to gurusahib and follow him to the death. This ultimate sacrifice is what is required.

That's the reason why its required, and why amritdharis are held in high regard by guru sahib. They have unquestionably sworn their lives to him.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This may sound silly and make no sense at all blush.gif   so um sorry

here it goes: Ok Sadhsangat ji, my question is does Guruji believe and treat people equally, I heard that if your amritdari Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji gives you everything that is only if you take amrit, so does guruji only like people who are amritdarii?

It is not that Guru ji likes Amritdharis more than non-Amritdharis, It is all about how much YOU are able to surrender to your Master. Guru will treat everyone EQUALLY. You ability to surrender ie: Take Amrit enables YOU to create this relationship of Deciple and Master. Altho the Relationship is not formed by an ACT, the Real Relationship is formed when LOVE is born. A Non-Amritdhari and an Amritdhari go to meet the Guru, will Guru ji show more love to the ones who have taken Amrit? When one has become the image of the Divine himself, he sees no difference. EQUALITY of LOVE for ALL.

Amrit is for YOU to take. You must Surrender by your choice. You must take Amrit by your Choice. The more you Surrender, you become more sensitive to receive the Love that has always been there. Do not confuse this as

that he who has not taken Amrit has not Surrendered. The Guru will always be there for you regardless if you have taken Amrit or not. The Relationship between a Master and Deciple is born when Love is born... Remember this. You can take Amrit and if no love is there, then the relationship has still not been fully accepted. It is Your Love for the Master that is the Key. Guru's Love is Everpresent.

Good post Pheena.. but lets not forgot that Guru Sahib has told us clearly that: "Rehit Pyare Mujh Ko Sikh Pyara Naahe"

Pyara = Beloved

Veer, As far as i know that quote is not by Guru Gobind Singh ji but by Bhai Desa Singh ji.

I have asked for clarification reagarding this Quote, yet noone has given me some sort of evidence that this was indeed spoken by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. So if they are indeed the words of the 10th Nanak, please give me some sort of refrence.

Quote From Sikhnet: http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/youth.nsf/3...ight=0,Rehit%20

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Khalsa Ji...i have heard that Guru Gobind Singh said "Rehit pyari mujhko Sikh pyara naahi",meaning that "i love the Rehit and not the Sikh"...and at the same time on this forum i have read that Amrit is a choice and not a compulsion...don't these 2 contradict each other?...its also said that one can be dear to Guru Gobind Singh only upon taking Amrit

...well,more dearer i mean to say...please shed some light on this...also i must say u are doing a great job in awakening the Sikh youth of today...keep up the good work ji :-)

SatSriAkaal!

Dear Seeker--

Sat Siri Akaal. [FYI-This forum is moderated by volunteers who have full-time jobs and families. Please be patient!]First of all, this line/shabd was not written by Guru Gobind Singh, it was written by Bhai Desa Singh Ji (sorry, I do not know who he was). I will give you the full english of this shabd (page 1015 of Amrit Kirtan), because it will help answer your question:

"I love the Sikh Rehit; the Sikh himself is not my beloved.

The one who lives the Sikh lifestyle is my Sikh; he is my master and I am his disciple.

Without the Rehit no one can be a Sikh; without the Rehit one will face difficulties at all times.

Without the Rehit he cannot be comfortable at all; that is why a Sikh should be committed to the Rehit."

God bless you to take Amrit when Guruji says "it's time!"

--DKK

Sat Sri Akal:

Well, here is a verse from the Dasam Granth Sahib, just for the sake of it:

< sRI vwihgurU jI kI Pqih ]

sRi muKvwk pwiqswhI 1oooooo0 ]

inswin isKI eIN pMj hriP Asq kwP ]

hrigj nw bwsd eIN pMj muAwP ] 1]

kVw kwrdo k`C kMGy ibdW ]

iblw kys hyc Asq jumly insW ] 2]

hrP hkwieq Asq AjI pMj kwP]

ibdw nMd bwvr n goXm iKlwP ] 3]

hu`kw hjwmq hlwlo hrwm ]

bwrIsy ihnw krd rU isXw Pwm ] 4] 1]

(AsPokt sÍYXy, sRI dsm gRMQ)

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth)

(http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_basicsfivek.htm)

It is a well known fact that Bhai Desi Singh Ji wasa close contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and many vital rehitnamas of the Sikh Panth come directly from the pen of Bhai Desi Singh Ji.

Most of the rehitnaame were actually written by various different Sikhs like Bhai Dya Singh Ji, Bhai Nand Lal Ji, but they were merely the tools, like Guru Sahib had Bhai Mani Singh Ji write the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib ji, but the gyaan was of Guru Sahib ji.

It is a well known fact that Bhai Desi Singh Ji wasa close contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and many vital rehitnamas of the Sikh Panth come directly from the pen of Bhai Desi Singh Ji.

Most of the rehitnaame were actually written by various different Sikhs like Bhai Dya Singh Ji, Bhai Nand Lal Ji, but they were merely the tools, like Guru Sahib had Bhai Mani Singh Ji write the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib ji, but the gyaan was of Guru Sahib ji.

Ok. So does it justify us saying that every Rehitnama is given by Guru Sahib, meaning the Bhais who have written the Rehitnama are indeed the voice and posses the Gyaan of the 10th Nanak?? Taht would mean they are no different than the Guru if they posses the Giaan and voice of Guru? Please do correct me, but that is what it seems like you are implying.