Can you be a Chardikala, nitnemi Gursikh without going gurdwara?

Guest Singh

5 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you have your keshi bath, go and meet your only parent in this world , no one can stop you from taking Guruwak (unless there is an active paat going on ) . Do you know gurmukhi ? if not ask them to take vak for you and to explain it . After all , that is the sewa they are supposed to be helping with, joining the people with the Gurbani.

But dont you think  ਬਾਣੀ is the guru, not matter where  you read it from ?

( now im not saying TAKE OUT SAROOPS from GURUDWARAs, cuz SGGS SAROOP is the essence of gurudwara.... )

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

yes but you have been told by Guru ji to do darshan of your Guru daily , does that just mean your nitnem gutka  or actual pooran Guru  saroop or 5 khalsa i.e. sangat - or all three ?

but  ONLY ਬਾਣੀ is the guru, what is the difference if you do darshan from a screen or a Paper ? a Paper is just a medium after all used by our Gurus to show you the GYAN... 

( By all means i am not trying to argue... just trying to do VICHAAR )

4 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

but  ONLY ਬਾਣੀ is the guru, what is the difference if you do darshan from a screen or a Paper ? a Paper is just a medium after all used by our Gurus to show you the GYAN... 

( By all means i am not trying to argue... just trying to do VICHAAR )

on a screen you only are in the presence of the image of a page or partial page , when you read from gutkey again only partial presence of Guru ji , whereas when you are in the presence of the Saroop of Guru ji you are able to ask of the full Guru your question

and when you are in front of  Gurudwara Saroop of Guru ji.... you are again looking at just 1/1430th of your Guru, its still 0.0007% of the GURU.. 

whats the difference ... you still have to look for answers....

now im not trying to prove that Certain Gurbani apps are superior to Gurudwara's SGGS Saroop in terms of functionality.... im just saying that you can still be in chardikala and a nitnem Gursikh even without going Gurudwara for a few months... 

1 hour ago, Amit12 said:

and when you are in front of  Gurudwara Saroop of Guru ji.... you are again looking at just 1/1430th of your Guru, its still 0.0007% of the GURU.. 

whats the difference ... you still have to look for answers....

now im not trying to prove that Certain Gurbani apps are superior to Gurudwara's SGGS Saroop in terms of functionality.... im just saying that you can still be in chardikala and a nitnem Gursikh even without going Gurudwara for a few months... 

bro you need to reconsider the frankly rude way you spoke of your Guru ji .

There is no doubt people can be chardikala whereever they are , but Guru Sahiban are adamant about what the path is , the support of sangat is a very big thing and the method of living is all. I would never consider myself to know better than them

We should get darshan of our Guru (physical saroop). It is a shame to see youths putting down their gutka sahibs and picking up their digitalised gurbani. It's good to some extent, but there is no words to describe the anand felt when reading from a physical gutka sahib. Similarly, there is no equal joy of physically going to the gurdwara and surrendering to your guru.

It's all about sharda (love), you first have to think about going to get Guru ji's darshan. Then you have to dress appropriately, then you have to get out of your house, walk/drive to the gurdwara, take your shoes off, wash your hands, etc. All of this is because of sharda - it builds even more sharda in the mind.

If we just sit at home all day staring at pdfs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, there is no sharda building up as we think this is easily accessible to us, we can read whenever we want. Like in the puratan times, people were forced to kanth (memorise) gurbani because there was no printing press companies to mass produce gutka sahibs, it took so much effort, months of writing gurbani to form a pothi sahib. That's why most people just had all of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee kanth. Now, because of the information age these things are all available to us on the press of a button, we are not making effort to visit guru sahib or kanth gurbani.

It's nothing like gurdwara politics or anything. you go to the gurdwara only for your own self - no one else. You go for guru ji's darshan. It's not like the gurdwara committee is stopping you from going to the gurdwara. So why can't you go? 

If you really can't go then consider bringing Guru Sahib home, that way you will surely do darshan of guru sahib everyday, your house will become a gurdwara!

Bhai Sukha Singh jee says we should get darshan of our guru DAILY TWICE.

ਮੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੇਖੇ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥ Without seeing my Guru, sleep does not come.

If you cannot do darshan twice a day, at least once a day. Imagine Guru Gobind Singh jee was here - would you spend even one day without seeing Guru Sahib? Now how many times do we spend without seeing Guru Granth Sahib ji?

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bro you need to reconsider the frankly rude way you spoke of your Guru ji .

There is no doubt people can be chardikala whereever they are , but Guru Sahiban are adamant about what the path is , the support of sangat is a very big thing and the method of living is all. I would never consider myself to know better than them

Please quote my "frankly rude way", i wont use that again... 

I am new to sikhi...  So im still learning things ... Need help. I just have soo many questions. 

Just now, Amit12 said:

Please quote my "frankly rude way", i wont use that again... 

NO you are always in the presence of pooran Guru Sahiban  and they provide answers to your unspoken questions

1 hour ago, Amit12 said:

you are again looking at just 1/1430th of your Guru, its still 0.0007% of the GURU.. 

so you are saying one ang of maharaj is less than the rest of maharaj? that's not true. even if maharaj only consist of "ik onkar" shabad, maharaj would still be complete with oneness. Any shabad of gurbani is the complete Guru.

There is a sakhi that one time Guru Sahib asked his sikhs before sitting on his horse "who can recite all of Guru Granth Sahib to me by the time I sit on my horse" I forgot which sikh said it, but one sikh came forward and said "I'll try Maharaj". That Sikh said "Ik Onkar" only and by the time Maharaj sat on their horse they had a smile on their face and knew that this person had realised the true meaning of "mool mantar" (root mantra of everything).

So i personally found it rude you are saying when we are standing in front of maharaj, we are standing in front of 0.0007% of our Guru as that is incorrect.

Bhul Chuk Maaf karni, not meaning to sound rude or hurt anyones feelings.