does it helps our Sikhi if we do these things ?

Amit12

15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i don't know, i don't count the number of times i say waheguru when i do simran. 

Vaheguru simran should be straight from the heart right? Surely even if you sincerely do a Vaheguru jaap for just 10 minutes its better than doing Vaheguru simran for 3 hours with your mind all over the place. Thats just my personal opinion, over time it gets better because you know that this is your time to focus.

8 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Vaheguru simran should be straight from the heart right? Surely even if you sincerely do a Vaheguru jaap for just 10 minutes its better than doing Vaheguru simran for 3 hours with your mind all over the place. Thats just my personal opinion, over time it gets better because you know that this is your time to focus.

yes you are right, the whole point of meditation is focus, and in sikhi we make naam the focus of our meditation, no point doing simran and your mind being else where. 

remember when the kazis challenged guru nanak dev ji and invited him to offer namaz with them thinking that he would refuse because he was born in a khatri family. guru ji just sat there and didn't take part in the prayer and when the angry kazi asked why he didnt take part, guru ji said your body was here but your mind was in persia buying horses so who could i pray with...

Just now, GuestKaur2 said:

No Veerji, I haven't had much time tbh because of revision etc

oh ok that's understandable. But that movie perfectly depicts the radical kazis of that time challenging guru sahib to take part in namaz, and guru sahib sitting there and not taking part.   

We say Guru is Bani and Bani is Guru. So doing paath (ie reciting Bani) is a form of meditation on God. 

Reciting Mool Mantar paath 125,000 times over a 40 day period is akin to spending approximately 10 hours in meditation on a daily basis (assuming 108 mala recitation takes 20 mins). 

So yes, spending 10 hours a day over 40 days in meditation will help progress your Sikhi.