Wahguru, what did you learn today?

mahandulai

On 12/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, puzzled said:

I helped this muslim lady who had a disabled child in a buggy down the stairs by holding one end of the buggy while she held the other. The elevator at work broke and she was stuck on the 1st floor.   I like helping people but often hesitate to ask if they need a hand. I asked her and she really appreciated it. I will try to ask people more often.

Similar happened to me right after I was blessed with amrit. Was outside waiting for a lift from the Guru Khar and this lady needed help with getting the buggy at the top of the stairs. Help was offered.

1 hour ago, jakare said:

Similar happened to me right after I was blessed with amrit. Was outside waiting for a lift from the Guru Khar and this lady needed help with getting the buggy at the top of the stairs. Help was offered.

Helping bibis carry prams up stairs (like on the tube) isn't a big thing. You should've been doing this before amrit anyway. It's just a sign of decent manners, not religiosity.  

No need to go overboard with it, but if you happen to be passing by at the bottom of the stairs when some women is obviously planning on going upwards, just politely and quietly ask:

"You okay? Do you need a hand?" 

Some bibis like to do it themselves without help, but some will say "Yes please."

Advice: Get a good grip on a sturdy bit of the pram and walk forwards with it behind you. This is a lot easier than walking backwards up the stairs. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Helping bibis carry prams up stairs (like on the tube) isn't a big thing. You should've been doing this before amrit anyway. It's just a sign of decent manners, not religiosity.  

No need to go overboard with it, but if you happen to be passing by at the bottom of the stairs when some women is obviously planning on going upwards, just politely and quietly ask:

"You okay? Do you need a hand?" 

Some bibis like to do it themselves without help, but some will say "Yes please."

Advice: Get a good grip on a sturdy bit of the pram and walk forwards with it behind you. This is a lot easier than walking backwards up the stairs. 

bruh all i was doing was relating to him because a lot of what he said was something similar that happened

Not something that i learnt but something that i was reminded of. This Punjabi lady who works at the same place as me was crying a lot at work, she was totally broken, this aunty who works there was hugging her and comforting her. seeing things like that you are reminded of how sad and broken some people might be in the inside. We often forget that when living in our own little world. I felt really down the rest of the day after seeing that. But it just reminds you ...   

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

Not something that i learnt but something that i was reminded of. This Punjabi lady who works at the same place as me was crying a lot at work, she was totally broken, this aunty who works there was hugging her and comforting her. seeing things like that you are reminded of how sad and broken some people might be in the inside. We often forget that when living in our own little world. I felt really down the rest of the day after seeing that. But it just reminds you ...   

haha yess don